PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:46:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  PIMP MY SIMS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: PIMP MY SIMS  (Read 81490 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #120 on: 2007 July 23, 06:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SparklePlenty"
It's funny. As a Creator (oooh...swanky!) I never get the kind of feedback these folks seem to get. It might be because I don't have a guestbook and my comments section requires that you register a real return email address. I put my creations out there for people to use, and I count the number of downloads to judge how much people like them. I have no wish to take requests, no need to accept plaudits or complaints, nor even communicate with the 12 year olds at all.

I have a guestbook, but I don't have this problem.  I put it there so that people could tell me if something fucked up - but it didn't work.  I forgot to put a download link in the last update for a male t-shirt, and when I went to look a couple of days later as to why it hadn't been downloaded, found there was no link to click for them - and not a word.  :lol:

I count the number of downloads too - and hope it's less than the delete button presses.  That's what matters to me.

As far as the thanks thing - in the figures as of 3 weeks ago - 2000 unique visitors to my site, and 2 thanks messages.  One of my most popular downloads - over 100 for Drow fairy skintone - not a word.  But that's the thing - I started as a downloader, and continue as one, and remember how much content there is, and how little time I have to do everything - when I was on dialup the time taken to thank people was a lot of hassle for me.

I don't mind a bit if I don't receive thanks - I actually do it because I think it's nice, and because I like it.  Just so long as there are no nasty messages, I don't give a damn if they haven't got time to stop by and say thanks - if they download and spend the time to do that - I'm happy.  Cheesy

Maybe we should all go and leave some nice comments in guestbooks

This I do do with religiousity - I might not care about thanks, but some creators do - and so I do that for them.  I click every thanks button except MATY ones, and I've posted in guestbooks.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #121 on: 2007 July 23, 06:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a stab in the dark but is Kalliope Marilu?  I was thinking from her earlier post that she was one of the teutwanic twats. (I think I spelled that wrong  :oops: )

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Gwendolyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #122 on: 2007 July 23, 06:56:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I think it isn't Marilu, but Magenta from Simslikeithot or so. But of course I can be wrong  :roll:

As for the thanks thing, I honestly don't care if someone thanked me for my work here.  I delete lots of nasty pms or silly request without any thought (except the Penis one  :roll: ) and just do what is needed, no matter if I get a thanksthisisgreat or not. I just don't care. I know I'm not a creator, so maybe that can't be compared. I do think download numbers is a good thing to see what people like or not and also a thank you for the creator.

I do not post in many guestbooks because don't want to give my email addy (which is needed in some) or simply forget it.

Filesharing at its friendliest

The Simscave
Solander
ARR!

This is me ;)

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #123 on: 2007 July 23, 07:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not ask for hundreds of thank you messages or something like this. I did ask for respect, which is something totaly different.

If you are told to have mental health problems, just because you ask people to give credits, if they do use your stuff, than the line, which i consider to be acceptable, is crossed.

A community (which is always pushed in those discussions) is a thing of giving and taking. If someone does only take, there is something wrong.

And to state this again: The decision, to close down PmS for some time, was just mine. Its my way of "if you hit me in the ..., I can do so, too".

Webmaster of Pimp my Sims.com
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #124 on: 2007 July 23, 07:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"
Anyone stop to think maybe paysites have their little minions running around putting nasty stuff in freesite's guestbooks to cause conflict? Pretending to be pirates? After what happened to Delphy, Kate, etc....I for one wouldn't put it past them for one minute. If freesite creators are thinking it's pirates, there is a reason...

No, according to some people, all of the above can be attributed to me.  I am apparently able to single handedly (or with some help from my little crowd) bringing the entire free-site community to it's knees.  :roll:

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #125 on: 2007 July 23, 08:02:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Doursim"
No, according to some people, all of the above can be attributed to me.  I am apparently able to single handedly (or with some help from my little crowd) bringing the entire free-site community to it's knees.  :roll:

Of course Dour - you are teh eval!  :lol: I'm surprised you took time off from your guestbook messages campaign and freesite attacks to post here.

Quote from: "Solander"
I did not ask for hundreds of thank you messages or something like this. I did ask for respect, which is something totaly different.

Remarks about thank you messages aren't aimed at you - conversation tends to meander here onto other subjects.

But look, there's always going to be jerks - there's no jerk prevention scheme hampering jerks from installing the Sims.  If you wish to take your site down and cool down - completely understandable.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #126 on: 2007 July 23, 08:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I framed Pesc for all those things people accuse him of, that's how evil I am.

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #127 on: 2007 July 23, 08:20:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I framed Pesc for all those things people accuse him of, that's how evil I am.

And just today I saw you sneaking away from that car crash outside my house - I wish I had your energy.  So much evil, so little time.

I've found out I'm in on your evil schemes - *sarcasm* thanks for telling me *end sarcasm* - someone else had to inform me of that - I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Visit Calalilysims

Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #128 on: 2007 July 23, 08:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I thought you knew.  But that is actually just another level of my evilness.  You are doing evil deeds without me even suggesting them to you.  Now you see the brilliance of my evil plan to take down all free sims sites.  

I love how I supposedly have the time and patience for all of this when I have basically been slipping away from the sims community over the last 2 months.

pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #129 on: 2007 July 23, 09:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love how I supposedly have the time and patience for all of this when I have basically been slipping away from the sims community over the last 2 months.

You are a devoted fighter, indeed.

More on-topic... YAWN. If you need a break, take a break. I know some people have no manners, and it can get tiring unless you learn how to type out "Fuck off". But is there really a need to make a long explanation? Just sounds like a cry for attention to me... like when women go "I LOOK SO FAT" when they just want a compliment.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #130 on: 2007 July 23, 09:18:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dour, I love you... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I don't know who Magenta is, or what Simslikeithot is, but she's definitely a twat.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #131 on: 2007 July 23, 09:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.sims2likeithot.de/

She also has crap on her front page:

July 22nd, 2007

I am sorry! No update. And it will take some time...
You do ask yourself why? Well, let me explain it to you all:
Due to the discussions all over the Sims2 Community about destroying paysites I have been thinking alot about it lately. I'm not a big supporter of paysites but they do exist and they won't disappear. EA doesn't make a clear statement, so what are the reasons for some people to force other sites to close because they offer pay content?
Those people are worse than each of the paysite owners. They think they can judge about others, steal the work of them and offer it on so-called "pirate sites".
Congratulations, you all are the world's greatest heroes. Ever.
Did you ever consider that you are going to destroy the existing community as well? That you you are also cause hatred against free sites?
Thanks alot of taking away the fun creating stuff for the Sims2.

I just support Solander's decision to take Pimp My Sims offline for some days.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #132 on: 2007 July 23, 09:41:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok.... :shock:

Am I understanding this correctly? Solander, for his own reasons, needs to take a break (which is fair enough) from creating and the community, and so leads a note on his website...including about he feels about the community and pirates. So then other people erm 'jump on the bandwago' and do a similar thing all blaming us...they remove their free stuff and/or close the site.

Now, I do not think that Solander and the others have been planning this (as some of you have said) but they are using his leaving/closing as a chance to have a go at us.

Either way, yet again we are being grouped as people who take down free sites and ruin the free community - and I think we really need to sort this out:

We do not host free items. If a paysite goes free then their stuff is removed from the booty.

We support free site owners and creators - many of us are free site owners and creators.

Teh, I do realise that some people may be using our apparent effect of the free community to just slander us, but this is now getting very widespread and I think we need to think about why and sort it....We are not about destroying free sites, site owners and creators  :?

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Gwendolyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #133 on: 2007 July 23, 09:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jojoba, this is true. I am quite sure Solander did not expect others to jump on that train. Maybe his first explanation was a little too long, but I think it is ok to take some days off and even to see it as a sign not to take free sites as a matter of course.
And others like Marilu and Teko use the chance to blame us for everything as well as Birgit. What they do has nothing to do with Solanders thing, just a start of their moving to TSR and a chance to give the pirates a bad name.
Again, we help free sites in anything they do and need.

Filesharing at its friendliest

The Simscave
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #134 on: 2007 July 23, 10:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly Gwen Smiley I completely agree!

*passes top notch tin foil* Wink

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: