PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 07:15:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  PIMP MY SIMS
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: PIMP MY SIMS  (Read 81480 times)
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #30 on: 2007 July 22, 19:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First of all, Hello. I'm Ry or mmekare79 but some of you know either name, or neither.
I would like to agree with PeachFish and go ahead and ask whether or not this guys a known drama king or what?
I've been reading through the forums here...and reading, whew...there's a lot of stuff.
But i actually think that IF this guy isn't one of the whiny creators, as i've seen some evidence of in a few posts in this thread, then he is right on the mark.
Respect and so and so made this is what it's all about.
That's all it SHOULD be about atleast, IMHO.
If I could make something worthwhile for the game, all I'd expect is that someone said, Hey, Ry made this, not me.
Then you  could shove it in a house, on a sim and send it china for all i would care.
So if this guy is really just wanting a little respect, I say give it to him.
On the other hand if he's actually done this before or whatever, i guess I could have kept my mouth shut....although I'm sure some of you may think that either way...lol.
At any rate all i wanted to say was this:
i have been lurking this site and SFV *Hi SIH, we need to chat, eh? I'd like to have a few words with you if you don't mind, darlin'*
Anyways, i have been lurking and reading and my god. i am appalled at the things that have been going on around the sims "community". I've been around a while, but gone some too, so I am a bit lost with some of these people.
But really, i have to admit that from what i have seen lately this forum and even SFV are a whole helluva lot more respectful than any other forums i've been to lately, filsharing or no.
I guess I shouldn't use this thread to get out all i have to say..lol. So yeah...ya'll have a great day, I'd appreciate any input on the character of this guy to help me decide my final opinion, which ill share if anyone wants.. :lol:
riiiiiight..... Cool
i do want to say, though, that i have found the spend your money better site and all the other sites like that and kudo's. I'm not a computer whiz or anything but that is something i'd like to help out with if anyone needs anything. Bravo to that site, and you know what...bravo to this one to.
I've been wading in the booty and I don't give a shit who knows it.
~Ry

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #31 on: 2007 July 22, 19:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Insight on Solander:
http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/search.php?search_author=Solander

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #32 on: 2007 July 22, 19:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. I guess I coulda done that myself, eh? :oops:  :lol:

Knowledge is limited.
~Einstein
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #33 on: 2007 July 22, 20:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could have but then I wouldn't have found this post by him. I'm quoting it here because it's relevant to this thread:

Quote from: "Solander"
Well, maybe i should post a short summary of my posting at my blog to make my position clear:

I don't agree with people sharing donation stuff for free. In my eyes, the creator of the stuff has at least the copyright on the mesh or texture (if he did it himself), so you are free to share the package, if you remove the mesh first Wink

But i do understand people getting angry, if everyone starts offering donation stuff and leaves only poor quality items for free. Especially, if even the quality of donation items drops.

Thats it.

And my picture can be found at MTS2 as well as TSR (i have been the evil himself when being a FA  :twisted: ) as well as in some other profiles on several sites, including Pimp my Sims.com.

And i really thought about offering donation stuff in the past. I skipped it, as i think, my creations and those of my co-workers at Pimp my Sims should be free, but success can be quite expensive. At least, if someone wants to run a site like mine.

I use a content management system to handle the hundreds of files, relations ("show recolors for that item"-functions, credits) and i would like to run a website being as fast and easy to use as possible. This means, I now own the largest dedicated server version, which my provider offers. With high bandwith, no traffic limit, high end processor etc. 15,000 visitors and more visitors per day made this necessary, as previous servers simply could not handle such a traffic. Each day, about 200,000 pages are viewed and per month, the traffic sums up to more than a terabyte.

This does really cost a lot (if you buy all EPs for the sims 2, which have been and will be release, you won't reach the sum i pay per month), so I do understand, why some people charge for their creations(i don't say, they just pay their bills, there is something left for sure). I do not, but if i get mails from users flaming about "slow download" (at saturday night) or "the server was off for 15 minutes", i get really pissed. Most users don't even say thank you.

I mean, if you get everything for free and if the downloads are at least average or good quality, you can at least leave a short "thank you" message at the guestbook. But out of 1.5 million visitors since march 2006, there were only 468 (right now), who left a message. Lets assume 600 feedback messages (including those received by mail), you get a feedback ratio of about 0.0004%. In my eyes, this is damn low.

I'm not crying about his, but most users simply don't care about the poeple creating the stuff, paying the webspace and running their websites. And that's what makes me angry from time to time. If everything is for free at our page, downloaders could at least leave a message.

Hope, this posting is easier to understand than the one at my blog.

Solander

Edit: Could anyone please translate "SoCal fashionistas" for me?

This post can be found here: http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/viewtopic.php?t=77&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

HideTheRum
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #34 on: 2007 July 22, 20:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess the actually revamping site/using the first thing that comes to mind as a lame excuse to run with toys and get attention is the theory that I find most convincing. He almost sounds like someone who deep inside wished he had a paysite and is kinda frustrated that he doesn't. I don't know, but attacking us pirates on such an occasion where we obviously had nothing to do with, seems just too absurd and weird.

Also, the guy has anger issues and needs to get a life outside of the Sims! It's summer for Chrissake is it possible he has nothing interesting or exciting to do/plan/think about?!

It was the least I could do. I always do the least I can do.
Solander
ARR!

This is me ;)

View Profile WWW
Clarification
« Reply #35 on: 2007 July 22, 20:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi everyone,

seems, everytime i try to explain something difficult in english, it gets worse than before.

And before I do answer this, i would like to say, that i am kind of disappointed. You could send me a mail, ask me or whatever. I did leave the contact form and guestbook open. But instead, you speculate and speculate, tell me a drama king and whatever else.

Ok, let's start.

Hi everyone,

as some of you may know, there is a controvers discussion in the Sims 2 community, wether EA does tolerate pay content (or donation, as it is called most times) or not. Some pirate pages have been active for some time, distributing pay site content for free.

Pimp my Sims.com did not take part in this discussion, as I (to be true) do not care a shit (sorry for this language, but it's the only word, that fits to it) about it. I still think, nobody is forced to buy pay content and if you do not like to buy it, just browse to a free site and get tons of content, that is at least at good as the pay sets of some donation sites. But i do also understand people, that are annoyed by 3rd class content, which is sold for lots of bucks.

I did not say anything against you. I just said, I believe, that anyone can sell his stuff, but i do also understand people, that think, they are not allowed to do so. But thats not my war and i do not take part in it, as Pimp my Sims.com is free and will be free, so i do not have to worry about any interpretations of EULAs, EA statements or whatever.

If you guys check out the link posted above to the thread, where my blog posting was discussed, you can see, that i am not a drama king or anything like this. I am a person, whom you can talk to and who will not start to scream a second later.

Neither did I say, that you guys did steal my stuff nor did I say, that YOU are the persons I am talking about. I just wanted to post an introduction to make the whole context clear. As the "creators do not have any rights" statements where used in the context of this discussion.

It was my sole decision to close down PmS for three days to signal, that I just would like to respected for offering my content. As I did write, I do not expect to be worshipped. Why should anyone do so? I do not see a point to do so. But I do want to get some R-E-S-P-E-C-T for the work, we do. We offer lots of free downloads for The Sims 2 and we have user friendly sharing rules (as explained). So if some people tell me, even this is TOO demanding, I feel like they are taking me on a ride. What else do people want? High quality content for free with terms of use, which allow all common uses like sharing with houses/sims/including meshes in recolor packages. Paying them for using my stuff?

And all we ask for, are credits. But if I get told, that one would not give credits for content, as it is bothersome to create a simple list with links, than I do really get pissed.

Roxelane
that is absolutely correct, one calls it also extortion & asozial

Hi, nice to read you here, my darling Smiley

May I post one statement of you?

Roxelane on her german board
Solander
SimForum Team

Ort: wegen Bösartigkeit gegen 2 seiner Teamkollegen gesperrt Also die ganzen kostenlosen Hoster etc. sind keine Alternative. Wenn du wirklich gut bist, fliegst du da schneller aufgrund deines Traffics, als du neue Seiten basteln kannst.

Bleiben also nur Exchange und MTS2, wobei beide keine Möglichkeit bieten, etwas "eigenes" zu haben, sondern da bist du höchstens ein bekannterer Freggle unter hunderten. Und ich denke, die Tatsache, dass so viele ihre eigene Seite basteln, zeigt, dass das eine ganz klare Motivation ist.

Das ist der erste ehrliche Post in diesem Thread von seiten eines Erstellers. Und genau und nur darum geht es. Nicht um den Spass am Basteln und dem Vergnügen, dieses mit allen Simsern zu teilen, sondern es geht darum, sich einen NAMEN zu machen, wenn auch nirgendwo anders, so doch wenigstens in der Simscommunity berühmt zu sein.
Ich glaub, man muss nicht mehr weiter diskutieren, im Grunde sind es bedauernswerte Menschen. Denn außer den DL-Jägern von Sims interessiert und kennt keine Menschenseele den Namen - meist sogar Nicknamen - eines Erstellers, ja die arme Menschheit weiß nicht mal was ein Mesh überhaupt ist.   Das RL scheint nicht viel Spass und Ruhm für diese Leute bereitzuhalten, sie flüchten sich in Sims und fühlen sich selbst als Schöpfer, Künstler was weiß ich noch. Eine traurige Geschichte u. offenbar handelt es sich nicht nur um Kids und Jugendliche, sondern auch um Menschen in Solanders Alter.

I'll translate it for you guys, as only few of you may understand german.

Roxelane on her german board, commenting one of my postings on the other board
Solander
SimForum Team

Registered since: Sep 2004
Sex: m
Place: some text

Well, free hosts are not a real alternative in my eyes. If you are really good, you get kicked due to traffic much faster, than you are able to create new sites.

Exchange and MTS2 still remaining, but both do not offer a real chance to create something "personal", as you are only one slighty more known user among lots of others. And i think, a motivation for many to create their own site shows, that this is a clear motivation (to create something personal

This is the first honest post in this thread (the german pay discussion thread) made by a creator. Thats, what it's on. Not the fun creating content or sharing it with others is important, but the only sense is to get a NAME. Where else if not in the sims community. I think, i can stop here, but they are pitiable humans. As except for DL hunters, noone is interested in names and noone knows the name - mostly nicname, of the creator. The poor mankind does not even know, what a mesh is.

RL seems not to offer enough fun and glory, so they flee into the sims community and feel like creators, artists or whatever. A sad story, as those people seem not only to be kids or teens, but also people in the age of Solander.

Thats one good example for what pisses me on. I JUST SAY, that most creators, that run their own site, do this for the reason to get somewhat like a name or whatever. Among other reasons. They do the work, which is related to running a website, they do pay the costs. But in fact, I DID NEVER COMPLAIN about it. Our content is free. And what is the answer to it? Some persons, that did fight against paysites before, now start getting personal on free site creators, that dared to say, they feel good, if people like their stuff.

I am definetely not a saint, but is this really that bad? The motivation, which makes me run Pimp my Sims.com, should not care anyone a shit. I do it, thats it. And for offering this service to everyone, I do ask for credits. Thats all. I do not force anyone, who creates own downloads, to apply the same rules as I do. I do not force anyone to pay. I do just ask for credits.

And what's the comment? You are a very, very sick egomaniac, which has to push his ego.

Roxelane's posting was just "The last straw that breaks the camels back", but it hit me more than many mails before.

Maybe you know do understand, why I got that pissed.

And again: I did not say with one single word, that I make YOU responsible for this. I just said, some people seem to loose their countenance and start fighting everyone, that it out there.

And i have nothing in common with pay sites clothing now. I did this for myself and did not ask anyone to do so. Magenta closed her free site too, as we did talk about the attitude of "take and do not give" some time ago", but it was my sole decision and i did not ask anyone to support me.

As i did write before: I do not care about your war against pay sites. It's your war, not mine, so i wont' bother you and you should not bother me.

Solander

Webmaster of Pimp my Sims.com
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #36 on: 2007 July 22, 21:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Solander - Let me say that I was the one who posted this to begin with.  I posted it because it gave your view of paysites vs. freesite debate.  If you will look further down the page, you will see that I also had an opinion of how freesite owners should be treated as well.  I do not know and do not understand what your beef with Roxelane is and frankly, that should be taken up between the 2 of you.

For the record, may I say, that I do indeed use a lot of things from PmS site.  I do think there are many wonderful creations that you have made as a contribution to the Sims community.

But, there's always a but isn't there?  A message that says what I translated to be "Thank me now you ungrateful people" is probably not the best way to gain any appreciation for hard work.  Since English is not your primary language, it translates to those of us who are fluent as very negative and fit-throwing.  While I understand people get burn-out, even in everyday life as a wife and mother I get burn-out, I don't believe that you are going to receive the response you may have been hoping for or expecting.

A suggestion?  Reword your statement.  I don't believe that I personally have said anything to insult you.  And, unless you see fit to direct your frustrations at me, I won't.  I do hope that things get better for you.  I probably should have said "thanks" at least once for all the things I have that you created.  Maybe you could put a "thanks" botton or something that will make it easier.  So, from me to you "thank you for the items that I have in my game that you have created, I do appreciate it"

AW

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #37 on: 2007 July 22, 21:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made the drama king remark, i don't *think* it was used before me, but I could be wrong. At any rate, I was not calling you one, I was asking if you were one..lol. I swear there's a difference.
I actually agree with you. I think it really shouldn't be too much to ask to say a simple *you do good work, thanks for the downloads* I try to make my rounds at all the places I download to let the creators know they have a fan.
But demanding won't get anyone anywhere. It kind of makes people sound childish and petty.
Not everyone is going to be able to say thank you, but I do think more people should. And a nice comment on a site that says, "My stuff is free, you can wear it, wade in it or take it to dinner as long as you remember to thank me." Is much better than going to a site to see something like what that lady said, "No free downloads anymore...yada yada." *on a side note I wonder if she realizes that's just more for the crew to put into the treasure chest?*

Anyways, if this were a perfect world the creators would create simply to share and bless other peoples games with awesome shit. And the downloaders would be like, yeah that's awesome, thanks! without having to lick a cheek, and that would be enough.
Then we could donate for real bandwidth costs and everyone would be happy.

but this is the REAL world and if it wasn't this it would be something else. Some people simply like to stir the pot, others won't get off it and yet others want to use it to make goulash.

/ramble
I swear i had a point but i seem to have lost it...lmao.

Knowledge is limited.
~Einstein
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #38 on: 2007 July 22, 21:27:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ry"
I made the drama king remark, i don't *think* it was used before me, but I could be wrong. At any rate, I was not calling you one, I was asking if you were one..lol. I swear there's a difference.
I actually agree with you. I think it really shouldn't be too much to ask to say a simple *you do good work, thanks for the downloads* I try to make my rounds at all the places I download to let the creators know they have a fan.
But demanding won't get anyone anywhere. It kind of makes people sound childish and petty.
Not everyone is going to be able to say thank you, but I do think more people should. And a nice comment on a site that says, "My stuff is free, you can wear it, wade in it or take it to dinner as long as you remember to thank me." Is much better than going to a site to see something like what that lady said, "No free downloads anymore...yada yada." *on a side note I wonder if she realizes that's just more for the crew to put into the treasure chest?*

Anyways, if this were a perfect world the creators would create simply to share and bless other peoples games with awesome shit. And the downloaders would be like, yeah that's awesome, thanks! without having to lick a cheek, and that would be enough.
Then we could donate for real bandwidth costs and everyone would be happy.

but this is the REAL world and if it wasn't this it would be something else. Some people simply like to stir the pot, others won't get off it and yet others want to use it to make goulash.

/ramble
I swear i had a point but i seem to have lost it...lmao.

Nicely put.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Clarification
« Reply #39 on: 2007 July 22, 21:27:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And again: I did not say with one single word, that I make YOU responsible for this. I just said, some people seem to loose their countenance and start fighting everyone, that it out there.

And i have nothing in common with pay sites clothing now. I did this for myself and did not ask anyone to do so. Magenta closed her free site too, as we did talk about the attitude of "take and do not give" some time ago", but it was my sole decision and i did not ask anyone to support me.

As i did write before: I do not care about your war against pay sites. It's your war, not mine, so i wont' bother you and you should not bother me.

Solander

The problem then, Solander, is that you structured the post of yours that was quoted in the first page of this thread in such a way that it seemed as if you were blaming people here (and other likeminded places) as responsible for your decision to close your site. I'm sorry that you felt slighted by someone else's comments (or by a perceived lack of respect, however I don't read German so I don't frequent those boards to get the whole story, I'm afraid), but unfortunately, not everyone is going to like you or understand why you made your decisions. The quoted post, unfortunately, strongly implied blame to people who are arguing from this side of the fence even if this is not what you intended.

Not every person that comes to your site is going to behave in a way you like, or give you the respect that you deserve, it is unfortunate though that you assumed that it was people on this side of things who were doing this to you. Here, we get bizarre postings and all kinds of weird arguments from the paysite side of things (I've been called stupid and irrational a few times here), but I would never assume that this is the majority opinion of the intelligent debator or of most paysites. Leaving is a decision that you make on your own for your own reasons, and it is not fair to blame your own decisions on other people. If this isn't enjoyable for you anymore, or you don't feel like you get enough credit for your hard work then you should leave (or take a break, or make stuff just for yourself, or whatever), but don't imply that it is about something unconnected.
Solander
ARR!

This is me ;)

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #40 on: 2007 July 22, 21:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did enter a new paragraph on my site

EDIT: I DO NOT BLAME THE PIRATE SITES WITH THIS MESSAGE! It was just the pirate site discussion, which did motivate some people to say things, that they should not have said. And again: I do not mean PMBSD or people being active there.

Maybe the text is somewhat rude, but "fuck you, download XY doesnt work" and messages like this make me sick. And I do not ask for THANK YOU, THANK YOU, i ask for some respect. And one point is giving credits, if someone uses our stuff. That's it.

If you native speakers consider the text to be unreadable, a slightly revised version with the same meaning would be really appreciated

AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #41 on: 2007 July 22, 21:47:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did enter a new paragraph on my site

EDIT: I DO NOT BLAME THE PIRATE SITES WITH THIS MESSAGE! It was just the pirate site discussion, which did motivate some people to say things, that they should not have said. And again: I do not mean PMBSD or people being active there.

Maybe the text is somewhat rude, but "fuck you, download XY doesnt work" and messages like this make me sick. And I do not ask for THANK YOU, THANK YOU, i ask for some respect. And one point is giving credits, if someone uses our stuff. That's it.

See, that actually makes more sense.  Now I understand better what you were saying vs. the long letter from before.  In light of that Solander, do you think that we are the only ones who are going to interpret your letter the way we did?  You have here a large and diverse group who are completely honest.  We didn't PM one another and talk about it - we posted it and responded.  Do you honestly think we will be in the minority based upon what you have written?  If it were me, I would put a short little note saying "PmSs is closed until July 27th.  I am closing for a few days to take a short vacation from creating.  The guestbook will still be available for you to post in.  If you enjoy the things you download from here, I would love to hear from you.  A vacation is needed due to some very negative behavior regarding PmSs and those who use my creations without credit.  YadaYadaYada

I can't tell you what to say or do, but I definitely would really really really rethink that long letter.

Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Clarification
« Reply #42 on: 2007 July 22, 21:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip>
And i have nothing in common with pay sites clothing now. I did this for myself and did not ask anyone to do so. <snip> but it was my sole decision and i did not ask anyone to support me. <snip>

Solander

Interesting.

Quote from: "armywife"
<snip>
In light of that Solander, do you think that we are the only ones who are going to interpret your letter the way we did?  <snip>

We weren't. They're having the exact same reaction to the letter over at SFV as we've had here.

Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #43 on: 2007 July 22, 21:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I do not ask for THANK YOU, THANK YOU, i ask for some respect.

Isn't resepct bieng thankful for your hard work, like ArmyWife said she was? I wholeheartedly agree that if a creator allows whatever to be done with thier stuff, they should be credited with atleast a text credit or link.
I dont think anyone really DISagree's with that aspect, here.

Knowledge is limited.
~Einstein
Solander
ARR!

This is me ;)

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #44 on: 2007 July 22, 21:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "armywife"

See, that actually makes more sense.  Now I understand better what you were saying vs. the long letter from before.  In light of that Solander, do you think that we are the only ones who are going to interpret your letter the way we did?  You have here a large and diverse group who are completely honest.  We didn't PM one another and talk about it - we posted it and responded.  Do you honestly think we will be in the minority based upon what you have written?  If it were me, I would put a short little note saying "PmSs is closed until July 27th.  I am closing for a few days to take a short vacation from creating.  The guestbook will still be available for you to post in.  If you enjoy the things you download from here, I would love to hear from you.  A vacation is needed due to some very negative behavior regarding PmSs and those who use my creations without credit.  YadaYadaYada

I can't tell you what to say or do, but I definitely would really really really rethink that long letter.

Thank you for the proposal.

I did change the text to

PmS is closed until July 27th. I am closing for a few days to take a short vacation from creating. The guestbook will still be available for you to post in and the contact form is also available.

If you enjoy the things you download from here, I would love to hear from you. A vacation is needed due to some very negative behavior regarding PmS and those who use our creations without credit. We do not ask for much and we offer everything on this thise 24/7 for free. So please respect our wish for credits and take a look at the Terms of Use. We can't force you to follow them, but if you like our creations and would like to use them for your houses or sims, please do so. It would really be appreciated, as this is the feedback for us, which we take instead of money.

Kind regards
Solander
Webmaster Pimp my Sims.com

Maybe that shows some of you guys, that I am definetely willing to communicate with you and that i am a person, which also does listen to what someone else does say.

I did not mean to hurt anyone here, so if I did so, please excuse me, but when I did write the text, i was REALLY pissed and for me, the text was perfectly clear. But maybe every text, one writes in a foreign language, is perfectly clear to oneself Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: