PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 09:32:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  PIMP MY SIMS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: PIMP MY SIMS  (Read 81484 times)
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 22, 17:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I really like Pimp My Sims. But what I don't like is being blamed for all the negativity in the sims community. The vast majority of negativity is coming from paysites FREAKING OUT because they're losing MONEY. Money they've come to believe they're ENTITLED to.

Also, it appears to me that there are going to be artists, both good and bad who just can't handle the idea that what they create DOESN'T belong 100% to them. EA's role in creating the game engine, codes and tools, that allowed them the opportunity to showcase their creative abilities,  just doesn't figure into their equation. They feel threatened by the recent developments in the community.

Regardless, as the current debate changes the face of the community (for the better...honest debate does that), creators are going to come and go. We'll gain some and lose some.
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 22, 18:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get what the heck he is on about either. As people has stated already,  we only have pay items in the booty, and at least I never harass any free site. I too wish he could have given some details.

I do agree with armywife though. If someone from here has harrassed a free site, we should do some serious prodding with sharp sticks.

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #17 on: 2007 July 22, 18:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But wait, there's more.

Gwendolyne's favorite Teutonic Twat (or is she mine?) is REALLY giving back to the community now:

Nice, huh?

Of course, her shit borks my game...so I'm not exactly bothered.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #18 on: 2007 July 22, 18:08:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jeeez, it seems we are separating the chaff from the grain. Or something.

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
Roxelane
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #19 on: 2007 July 22, 18:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
But wait, there's more.

Gwendolyne's favorite Teutonic Twat (or is she mine?) is REALLY giving back to the community now:

Nice, huh?

Of course, her shit borks my game...so I'm not exactly bothered.

Teko also strikes  Cool

Clementyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #20 on: 2007 July 22, 18:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that is plain evil.  And since when does EA not make a clear statement.  That girl is delusional.  Blame the pirates for taking away free downloads! LOL!!! What a load.  She's just doesn't want her kiddy followers figuring out that all she is a greedy bitch.
ETA: To me that is just more proof paysites are dying slow and painful deaths.

url=http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/index.php?pid=Exchange]EA's Official Stance on Sharing Pay Files![/url]
Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Alexander Hamilton
A Sim In Time: Purtiful Sims For You
AwwBoo
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #21 on: 2007 July 22, 18:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA can't get any clearer.  Paysites are illegal.  They've said this now many times.  Seriously, she needs to wake the hell up and pull her head out of her arse.

Free the wee little turl-tles!
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #22 on: 2007 July 22, 18:42:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But wait, there's more.

2 words - Fuck You

PS: Marilu - I've got an Amex Exp Gold Card and I ain't afraid to use it.  EDIT: NAH NAH NAHNAH NAH   Tongue

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #23 on: 2007 July 22, 18:44:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, it's a planned action and it seems to be centered around the German pro-paysite cc creators.

Solander can't go the "they're stealing my pay files and putting them in the booty so no free objects for you" route. Instead he's ranting about people not crediting his creations when used and making cc demands of him on the pirates. How utterly ridiculous. Sounds to me like he just wanted to look cool to the paysite "big kids" and this was his "attempt". More like a fail.

:roll:

Their attempt punish downloaders by taking their toys away is only going to push downloaders to completely free sites. They really do not understand how mindless downloading is or how fickle downloaders are.

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Roxelane
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #24 on: 2007 July 22, 19:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "evilredduckie"
So, it's a planned action and it seems to be centered around the German pro-paysite cc creators.

Solander can't go the "they're stealing my pay files and putting them in the booty so no free objects for you" route. Instead he's ranting about people not crediting his creations when used and making cc demands of him on the pirates. How utterly ridiculous. Sounds to me like he just wanted to look cool to the paysite "big kids" and this was his "attempt". More like a fail.

:roll:

Their attempt punish downloaders by taking their toys away is only going to push downloaders to completely free sites. They really do not understand how mindless downloading is or how fickle downloaders are.

that is absolutely correct, one calls it also extortion & asozial

missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #25 on: 2007 July 22, 19:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know how you all read what the Pimp My Sims guy wrote.  My eyes glossed over after the start of the second paragraph.  

The guy needs to get laid or smoke some weed or something..

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #26 on: 2007 July 22, 19:13:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It makes me wonder if someone else...DLMuslow, perhaps...has done some freesite stealing in the name of 'piracy'...and has given the rest of us a bad name.

Oh, do elaborate on that one. It sounds familiar, but I likely missed it if it occured in the last two months.

Also, it does seem like someone's spreading shit around given how many people are under the impression we're out to destroy free sites. In fact, if I had to go out on a limb here, it's probably someone we all know very well and they don't actually own a paysite.
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #27 on: 2007 July 22, 19:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with Clementyne and Feverish. I wish he’d given more details, because I’d like to know what or if something happened. I mean, just a thought, but if it was for instance somebody repeatedly ‘stealing’ his creations and passing them off as their own, I can understand his anger. I’d feel the same.  Sad

And although I’m not the greatest conspiracy theorist, Hecubus does have a point. I could imagine certain people doing something like that and pretending to be pirates, so the blame would fall on anti-paysite people. In love and war, you know ...

The Sims2 Studio thing is really silly. There's no logic in that argument, and I never liked punishing a whole community for what a few individuals may do.  :roll:

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #28 on: 2007 July 22, 19:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aquamarine, you're right. There is a freesite owner going around smearing for all they're worth. Why? Because they're bored, feel slighted, and are acting petulant. Oh, and because it's the only thing left in their arsenal now.

Edited for a typo.

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #29 on: 2007 July 22, 19:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Aquamarine"
Also, it does seem like someone's spreading shit around given how many people are under the impression we're out to destroy free sites. In fact, if I had to go out on a limb here, it's probably someone we all know very well and they don't actually own a paysite.

I've been surprised at that one too.  That 'someone' hasn't leapt all over it going "See! See! Told you!"  Anyway, they will only make more people have to come here if they want any content at all from those sites.  

This whole thing reminds me of this avi:

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: