PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 12:18:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New MTS2 Rules
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New MTS2 Rules  (Read 39126 times)
HideTheRum
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #150 on: 2007 August 04, 00:52:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Plum"
Anyway, I'm open to seeing whether or not this new policy works out, but my concerns remain.

As does mine, Plum. My opinion mirrors yours, and it's definitely not a matter of being uncomfortable about change, really. God knows I would completely approve a change way more radical than that. I appreciate the new step forward that this change means, but I still think the only way to fight the plague of pay stuff and ultimately destroy paysites is to cut them out entirely, to isolate them.

The thing is, Delphy is very clear about the fact that destroying paysites is not his or his site's goal, while ours is precisely that. He honestly believes, if I understood correctly, that by targeting just the free items of the paysites, paysites will hopefully end up weakened to the point where all pay creators eventually go free, while I, as optimistic as I am - and I really am one :wink: - can't bring myself to think it'll work.

The way things are, all new rules and changes included in the picture, I just fear it won't be enough, and in fact I fear the already very well explained by others collateral effect of the newest simmers being involuntarily pushed into the charming world of pay content without even the chance to know better. I've been playing the game since the Sims 1, but up until last December I didn't even know about the concept of "community", I couldn't care less about forums, I would just download stuff from lots of sites until one day, by mere accident, I kind of stumbled upon the free vs pay issue here at PMBD. I stopped by and got involved only because (a) I had always firmly refused to even think about paying for sims stuff and (b, but most importantly) because the issue was approached here in a black and white, no bullshit, matter-of-factly manner, and that's precisely what got my attention. If it wasn't for that, I probably would have gone on simply playing the game without giving a rat's ass about anything else. It may sound bad, but how many people just ignore the community and everything that goes on on forums like I used to? MTS2 believes in sort of educating people, a concept I totally admire, it's just that considering all the mindless players out there, in my opinion more radical tactics would prove more successful in reaching our common target - all content in the community all free for everyone.

But hey, I'll definitely be crossing fingers and doing my best to support MTS2, hoping things will turn out great.

It was the least I could do. I always do the least I can do.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: