PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 18:02:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New MTS2 Rules
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New MTS2 Rules  (Read 39251 times)
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #75 on: 2007 July 28, 07:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Alphess"
Quote from: "Plum"

And all the rest of my sets have shots with pay content, so all the work making pretty pictures to show off the sets has gone to waste.  How irritating.  xP

My understanding is that past uploads that have screenshots of pay content is OK, it's only from here on out that uploads will be rejected for shots with pay...  So your past shots aren't a waste Smiley

I mean ones that I already made screenshots for, but I haven't posted yet.  These were up for a couple of days before they got shot back saying I couldn't show pay content... at all.

I'm starting to see why people make their own sites.  I still like MTS2, but dealing with them as a creator is becoming... frustrating.

Still, I think it's worth it.  Paysites must be destroyed, after all.

Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #76 on: 2007 July 28, 14:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Captain Berg"
(Of course if the creator from TSR allows redistribution of the meshes/objects with your uploads then they can still be used as people won't have to go to TSR to get the stuff.)

Ah, but MTS2 doesn't accept meshes included with recolours (unless you made the mesh yourself) so TSR stuff couldn't be snuck in that way either  Tongue

I have an upload that includes the simchic mesh it requires and they were perfectly fine wih that, plus if you look at the clothing section there are loads of uploads with meshes that weren't made by the recolourer included.

I think as long as the original creator gives permission for redistribution to happen they don't have a problem with it. Unless they just changed that rule and I missed it in which case I'm annoyed because it screws up what I'm currently working on.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #77 on: 2007 July 28, 15:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it true that MTS2 has been removed from the official Sims 2 fansite listings?

Inactive
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #78 on: 2007 July 28, 15:56:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know, Nouk.  But, I would be interested at the meaning of this

We love it when fans create personal websites devoted our games, but any and all use of our assets is strictly subject to the terms of our Fansite and End User Tool License, without exception.

At the bottom of the fansite page

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #79 on: 2007 July 28, 16:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edited.

Scratch that, here's the link to s2c with the bbs link:

http://forums.sims2community.com/showpost.php?p=963314&postcount=233

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #80 on: 2007 July 28, 16:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Minolia"
Quote from: "Captain Berg"
(Of course if the creator from TSR allows redistribution of the meshes/objects with your uploads then they can still be used as people won't have to go to TSR to get the stuff.)

Ah, but MTS2 doesn't accept meshes included with recolours (unless you made the mesh yourself) so TSR stuff couldn't be snuck in that way either  Tongue

I have an upload that includes the simchic mesh it requires and they were perfectly fine wih that, plus if you look at the clothing section there are loads of uploads with meshes that weren't made by the recolourer included.

I think as long as the original creator gives permission for redistribution to happen they don't have a problem with it. Unless they just changed that rule and I missed it in which case I'm annoyed because it screws up what I'm currently working on.

I've seen clothing recolours with the mesh included as well, and maybe the staff has become a bit looser on the policy over time, depending on where the mesh is from, but the guidelines state that meshes must not be included:

Again if you use a new clothing mesh and make a recolor you can not include the mesh with your clothing. Leave a link for people to obtain the mesh and post only your recolor
(http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=715542#post715542)

I know there's been complaints about this policy since some big and known sites (like SimChic) are very clear on allowing redistribution of their meshes, but the official response was that MTS2 can't keep track of who does and doesn't allow redistribution, therefor no meshes was to be uploaded at all, since it's MTS2 who has to handle the complaints from pissed-off creators...

I guess i can understand that, but I'm pretty sick of playing the "Chase-The-Mesh" game over and over, so I rarely download anything unless the mesh is included.

Edited for making clear I was responding too Minolias post

HystericalParoxysm
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #81 on: 2007 July 28, 17:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of the guidelines are outdated and we're looking into updating some of the wording as a lot of changes in policy have happened since much of that was added.

SimChic stuff is a special case, having a weird policy.  Their meshes can be included as they have specifically said that their meshes can be redistributed - including the pay ones.  You don't have to pay for anything to get everything there, so it's okay.  And if other creators allow their meshes to be included, that's fine too.  Normally if it's on MTS2 it's really not necessary to include it - no need to duplicate files that are already on the site, just link to it.  But elsewhere, it's fine and is done all the time, as you'll see if you look at the recent clothing downloads.  They're also allowed on sims if you've recoloured the clothes (or hair or whatever) and the creator's okay with meshes being included with recolours.

MTS2 wasn't -on- the fansite list in the first place.  I doubt any staff member ever bothered submitting us, and they don't look to have been updated in a long time anyway.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #82 on: 2007 July 28, 17:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HystericalParoxysm"
MTS2 wasn't -on- the fansite list in the first place. I doubt any staff member ever bothered submitting us, and they don't look to have been updated in a long time anyway.

Oh that makes me feel a whole lot better.  I love MTS2.  I think I can find something to download there every single day.  I didn't even look at the official fansite list when I joined the community - I looked at Google - because the fansite list is useless.

And they haven't updated it since about January - and I know for sure they haven't updated it since April - cause my site isn't on it.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
dastardlyfeck
Landlubber

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #83 on: 2007 July 28, 17:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought MTS2 used to be on the fansite list.  I thought that's how I found them in the first place.  They used to be one of the top sites listed?

Can't remember too well now though. Sad
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #84 on: 2007 July 28, 18:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People talk about it everywhere, including the BBS, so it's very possible you found it on the EA site, but maybe not the fan listing?  I never even thought to look on the official page for a fansite listing.

I'm a big LJer, so before I got involved in any way with the Sim community, I used the Sim communities on LJ to find stuff to download.
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #85 on: 2007 July 28, 22:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It used to be on the fansite listing becuase I submitted it myself.  I have  no idea whats happened to it.

Oh and the BBS can go die in a fire, and all the stupid idiotic morons with 2 peas for brains can die too, and everybody who hates me, and everybody who hates the site, and everybody who has to fucking drag fucking old news up every fucking time anybody mentions me, and, well, just the whole fucking community over there, except those who have brains... they can stay.  Everybody else though.... *lights match*

Fucking fuckwits.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #86 on: 2007 July 28, 22:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delphy, wasn't there some deal about EA not accepting anything other than PG sites, and at that point you still had some adult stuff on MTS2?  I seem to remember someone at TSR mentioning something along those lines (although I'll admit that's not exactly an unimpeachable source). Cheesy

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #87 on: 2007 July 28, 22:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah it was but then it got resubmitted, I think.

Eh, I don't care anyway.
silver
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #88 on: 2007 July 28, 22:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Delphy"
It used to be on the fansite listing becuase I submitted it myself.  I have  no idea whats happened to it.

Oh and the BBS can go die in a fire, and all the stupid idiotic morons with 2 peas for brains can die too, and everybody who hates me, and everybody who hates the site, and everybody who has to fucking drag fucking old news up every fucking time anybody mentions me, and, well, just the whole fucking community over there, except those who have brains... they can stay.  Everybody else though.... *lights match*

Fucking fuckwits.

Well, I suppose there CAN be the teeniest bit of satisfaction knowing that despite the smear job, you managed to raise money for the server ... plus a bit extra ... in a little over a day and a half. Little by little, a bit at a time, but obviously, a bunch of people  couldn't give a shite about old news or paysites boycotting you, or whatever crap was flung around over the last year or so.

Sigh. But I suppose a naysayer would claim that there are just thousands of sheep out there. Or that everyone who contributed was ignorant, misled, or thoroughly infatuated with you. Or something.  

Whatever.
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #89 on: 2007 July 28, 22:48:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "silver"

Well, I suppose there CAN be the teeniest bit of satisfaction knowing that despite the smear job, you managed to raise money for the server ... plus a bit extra ... in a little over a day and a half. Little by little, a bit at a time, but obviously, a bunch of people  couldn't give a shite about old news or paysites boycotting you, or whatever crap was flung around over the last year or so.

Sigh. But I suppose a naysayer would claim that there are just thousands of sheep out there. Or that everyone who contributed was ignorant, misled, or thoroughly infatuated with you. Or something.  

Whatever.

...or that the donation money actually wont go towards what we said it was for... which I found utterly incredulous.

The donation drive was a great success and a nice suprise, and then some moron comes along and decides to put thier 2 cents in and pisses me off.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: