PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 19:25:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New MTS2 Rules
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New MTS2 Rules  (Read 39255 times)
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #105 on: 2007 July 31, 23:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Electronic Arts Inc.
209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94065
United States      

You could send it to your regional EA (go to ea.com and follow links to company information), but the Sims Group is headquartered in California.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #106 on: 2007 August 02, 03:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RedLove"
When do these new rules go into effect?
http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=241670
Somebody either didn't read the rules or is just not paying attention to them. They used a pay hair in screenshots. A pay hair from TSR. :lol:

Can't say I blame 'em.  Remembering which of my crap is pay and which isn't is hard sometimes.

As I was discussing with someone on the TS2 LJ community, we'll probably see a trend of either less creators posting at MTS2 (several I spoke to have said, right or not, the new rules are too difficult) or creators removing all custom content except their new stuff when making their screen shots.

HystericalParoxysm
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #107 on: 2007 August 02, 06:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've created this as a quick reference for pay/free hair: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Hair_Gallery

... not done, obviously, but it's coming along.

If you see something with pay hair you can report it (with a link to the pay hair along with it, please) - it's impossible to know -every- hair out there and especially TSR stuff we're probably not as familiar with.

It's really, really not hard to change your sim into Maxis or free hair when taking pics - it's about what you're uploading, not the other stuff in the pics, anyway.  It's something people are gonna have to get used to... we're used to people getting upset because we're trying to set a higher standard, and they'll continue to do so for one thing or another.  *shrug*
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #108 on: 2007 August 02, 06:28:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HystericalParoxysm"
It's really, really not hard to change your sim into Maxis or free hair when taking pics - it's about what you're uploading, not the other stuff in the pics, anyway.

1)  It is not hard, but it is a pain.
2)  Maxis hairs are ugly.
3)  A lot of it is about the other stuff in the pics.  It even says in the creator guidelines and everything that your pics sell your creations, and having other pretty things surrounding your creations helps.
4)  In spite of these, I still think it's a good move.  Not as good as going all-out with the pirateness (pfft, you people and your "high ground"), but good nonetheless.

And that hair gallery looks great!  I like the format you've chosen.

Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #109 on: 2007 August 02, 06:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HP that's fantastic. Do realise you're just making hair shopping easier for everyone?
*Cpt Fs gushes at HP*
Have some of my special homemade rum.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
HystericalParoxysm
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #110 on: 2007 August 02, 07:33:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plum - Eh, it's a minimal pain.  2 minutes at the mirror.  Nothing compared to load times and setting up for pics, posing, cropping, etc...  and I didn't say JUST Maxis hairs but also free hairs - of which there are tons, quite pretty and nice, and look plenty purtiful to show off whatever you've made.  Wink

Cap'n Feathersword - Tee hee, I'd prefer gin but I'll take what I can get.  Cheesy
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #111 on: 2007 August 02, 07:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least one of my models remains in tact.

Mmm...  Virtual boy candy.

Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #112 on: 2007 August 02, 14:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HystericalParoxysm"
Cap'n Feathersword - Tee hee, I'd prefer gin but I'll take what I can get.  Cheesy

We're pirates. There is no gin. Or vodka. or tequilla, bourbon, or rye. And let's not even mention lagers, ales, zinfandels, or merlots.

There is only rum.

And grog at Christmastime.

(It's like the Rule of Six for alcoholic beverages...there is no 13, there is no gin.)

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
HystericalParoxysm
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #113 on: 2007 August 02, 14:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Psh, well, can I be, uhm... the Designated... Navigator?  Wheel... person... One what stays sober and drives the ship when the rest of you lot are drunk on all that nasty rum.
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #114 on: 2007 August 02, 17:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just take a swig. You won't know what you're drinking after the first mouthful.
We don't need a sober helmsman, it doesn't matter if we crash.
*stumbles away singing off-key*

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
Electricstatic
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #115 on: 2007 August 02, 17:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The gallery is awesome, HP! I'm not a creator, but I do love finding new (free!) hair.

Rum is terribly nasty, but it does the job. There was a great mix I had once: coconut rum with pineapple juice. There might've been some tropical punch in there too, but I can't remember.
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #116 on: 2007 August 02, 21:32:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah, now my uploads are being rejected because censoring the pay items from the screenshots I had already made isn't good enough.  I gave my models pretty black afros and everything!

Forget it.  It seems like these new rules are making things harder on the creators than the paysites.

And you can say "it's not that hard to make new ones" all you want, but it just isn't worth that much effort to me at this point.

keirra
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #117 on: 2007 August 02, 22:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plum, you have great creations.  I hope you will still upload them somewhere else.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #118 on: 2007 August 02, 22:06:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you.  I probably will.  Smiley  I've never though about uploading anywhere else before.  Would Insim be a good place to do so?  They seem to be the second biggest site.

Also, as part of this discussion going on in the LiveJournal communities, I've been thinking that this new rule has the potential to hurt the anti-paysite cause in the long run.  Free items from paysites are still allowed, so instead of Johnny Noob saying "Hey, where can I get that hair?" and me saying "PMBD!" Johnny Noob is going to go to Peggy's site and get it for free, then see that she has a billion other hairs for sale for the low low price of your soul.  And the poor newbie sap wont even realize they're poor quality because MTS2 has kept him out of the loop.

Or am I wrong?  Or has someone already said this?  This thread is liek tl;dr.

keirra
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #119 on: 2007 August 02, 22:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Plum"
Thank you.  I probably will.  Smiley  I've never though about uploading anywhere else before.  Would Insim be a good place to do so?  They seem to be the second biggest site.

Also, as part of this discussion going on in the LiveJournal communities, I've been thinking that this new rule has the potential to hurt the anti-paysite cause in the long run.  Free items from paysites are still allowed, so instead of Johnny Noob saying "Hey, where can I get that hair?" and me saying "PMBD!" Johnny Noob is going to go to Peggy's site and get it for free, then see that she has a billion other hairs for sale for the low low price of your soul.  And the poor newbie sap wont even realize they're poor quality because MTS2 has kept him out of the loop.

Or am I wrong?  Or has someone already said this?  This thread is liek tl;dr.

I think Insim would be a good site to upload to. I check Insim everyday to see if they have new uploads.
I also agree with you. I think it was better the way MTS2 had it the first time, letting posters comment with the PMBD link.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: