PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 16:21:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New Information, Very Interesting
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Information, Very Interesting  (Read 6479 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
New Information, Very Interesting
« Reply #15 on: 2007 August 03, 20:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ratfink"
From what I have read, the university thing is a film or media program that is using the Sims in their curriculum.  Since the work that is created could potentially be used to promote the school they would need clear and clean copyright on all of the content to prevent getting sued.  After getting EA's permission to use the game in this manner the next big hurdle would be finding a pool of copyright clean addons and I think that is where this agreement comes in.  If indeed that is what is going on I doubt we have much to worry about as I doubt they would care much about what happens to the content outside of the university.
You know, that's interesting...and I can see a reason as to why they wouldn't want to "share the goodies" then. However, wouldn't it be a better idea to invite people from their own graphic design program to be the object creators? Great learning experience for them, and technically then the uni is being paid by the creators for the opportunity to make things.

Seriously, that's how I would set it up. Students get fun and learning, uni keeps getting their money and spends less out.

If this is legit, why even mention it on her site? Just say she's no longer going to have pay items. Everyone will be happy. Now all she's done is make a bunch of sheeple cry because they know they can't have everything.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
TashaYarrr
ARR!

View Profile
New Information, Very Interesting
« Reply #16 on: 2007 August 03, 20:51:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this is legit, why even mention it on her site?

Well, she mentioned the 'deal' she had made with the 'university' that if anyone 'stole' her stuff she'd switch to working for them exclusively.

i.e., the point of mentioning it appeared to be so she had a platform to bitch and blame her toy-taking-away on a third party.

I don't know, though. Still a noob here.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: