PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:37:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Anyone seen this yet?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anyone seen this yet?  (Read 38735 times)
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
Anyone seen this yet?
« Reply #120 on: 2006 November 26, 15:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like Sims 2 Stuff. It's refreshingly honest, doesn't play favorites and is fun without back-stabbing intrigue.

Maybe that's an aquired taste that most pirates just don't have?
ScurvyLass
Landlubber

View Profile
Anyone seen this yet?
« Reply #121 on: 2006 November 26, 16:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "wicked_one"
:lol:  yeah i saw it shortly after she posted it...was tempted to message her and point her this way but i didnt...
why does everybody over there seem to think they're a moderator or the morality police? reminds me of little kids trying to get in their parents good graces by tattling on each other...
OoO you are sooo naughty...you stole!! how dare you!! I'm telling mom!! you're going to be grounded you evil bitch...

I saw it and was going to do the same thing...but then I started getting all paranoid...do they check out our PMs?...can they boot me for mentioning this site to her?....can they boot me for stating my opinion on the "so-called" theft of other people's work?  Yeah..I'm a bit of the paranoid type.  I'm to the poinit where I don't really much give a shit about s2c.  The majority of them are ass-lickers looking for a pat on the head from the mods.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Anyone seen this yet?
« Reply #122 on: 2006 November 26, 16:55:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"
Quote from: "Cap'n Rachel Roughnight"

Those parasitical little maggots.

Maggots aren't actually parasites. They don't depend on a host organism for survival, by the time they get around to eating it, it's already dead.

Yes, but these are parasitical maggots. They like, evolved and stuff...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
discordkitty
Landlubber

View Profile
Anyone seen this yet?
« Reply #123 on: 2006 November 26, 23:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ScurvyLass"

I saw it and was going to do the same thing...but then I started getting all paranoid...do they check out our PMs?...can they boot me for mentioning this site to her?....can they boot me for stating my opinion on the "so-called" theft of other people's work?  Yeah..I'm a bit of the paranoid type.  I'm to the poinit where I don't really much give a shit about s2c.  The majority of them are ass-lickers looking for a pat on the head from the mods.

I don't and no other mods can check your PM's. I certainly wouldn't ban you for sending the link to here to anyone via PM even if I could read them. Nor would I ban you for having your own opinion and it being anti-paysite.

Frankly I've pretty much gone from being supportive of them to feeling they need to shove off. I do have about three ongoing subs right now, but I think there's too many and they're too greedy.

To me, the worst offenders are the pay per item sites. I'd much rather pay a monthly fee and have access to everything than pay 2-5 bucks a pop for each item (reflex, rose etc)
spookymuffin
Landlubber

View Profile
Anyone seen this yet?
« Reply #124 on: 2006 November 27, 10:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maggots aren't actually parasites. They don't depend on a host organism for survival, by the time they get around to eating it, it's already dead.

Some maggots are parasitic, depends on the species in question, for example: bot fly larvae are parasitic
ScurvyLass
Landlubber

View Profile
Anyone seen this yet?
« Reply #125 on: 2006 November 27, 23:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "discordkitty"
Quote from: "ScurvyLass"

I don't and no other mods can check your PM's. I certainly wouldn't ban you for sending the link to here to anyone via PM even if I could read them. Nor would I ban you for having your own opinion and it being anti-paysite.

Frankly I've pretty much gone from being supportive of them to feeling they need to shove off. I do have about three ongoing subs right now, but I think there's too many and they're too greedy.

To me, the worst offenders are the pay per item sites. I'd much rather pay a monthly fee and have access to everything than pay 2-5 bucks a pop for each item (reflex, rose etc)

A big thanks for clearing that up for me.  I totally agree with you on the greed of some of the creators.  I only have one sub and when it runs out I don't intend to renew.  After hearing how much some of the creators make per set I have zero respect for them.  Anywho, thanks again...I may now let my paranoia rest for awhile.
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
Anyone seen this yet?
« Reply #126 on: 2006 November 27, 23:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "spookymuffin"

Some maggots are parasitic, depends on the species in question, for example: bot fly larvae are parasitic

I would go as far as to say that a lot of maggots are parasitic, though "a lot" is relative.

minena
Landlubber

View Profile
Anyone seen this yet?
« Reply #127 on: 2006 November 28, 00:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: ".torque."

Just remember that the creators will STOP creating the good stuff if it stops being worth their time and effort to do so.

So, if the creator doesn't get any money, it's NOT WORTH THE EFFORT! Seesh!!!  :cry:

It's not their damn jobs, its a freakin hobby ffs. Thier choice to upload, I sure as hell didn't ask for it, and if you can't afford the site, then CLOSE IT.

ini-ROLL
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Anyone seen this yet?
« Reply #128 on: 2006 November 28, 01:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I quite agree, and DAMN your new av is hot.

But yes. There are very few instances where you can turn a hobby, something you enjoy doing, into an actual job, which is a shame, but there it is. Sims 2 is one of the many things where you, sadly, cannot do that. If it really was, everyone would also be running round making money off fanfic, and off HalfLife maps, and off Runescape tipsites, and everything else. There shouldn't be an exception.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
minena
Landlubber

View Profile
Anyone seen this yet?
« Reply #129 on: 2006 November 28, 01:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
I quite agree, and DAMN your new av is hot.

heh, thanks

and really, i already payed EA for this stuff, i'm not paying some self proclaimed artiste to buy it again in a different color. If it was thier job, the check would say EA not PayPal.

ini-ROLL
Mad-Mary
Landlubber

View Profile
Anyone seen this yet?
« Reply #130 on: 2007 January 04, 04:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Jesus that's what I used to do before I found PSMBD... whoah.

Anyway, it's amusing how all of them cried "Theif!" and someone actually told her to delete the stuff she downloaded "just so you can feel good about yourself." She shouldn't have asked the question at such a "Saintly" website. Good idea to PM her about PSMBD.
graniaomalley
ARR!

View Profile
Anyone seen this yet?
« Reply #131 on: 2007 January 04, 05:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Plum"
Quote from: "spookymuffin"

I would go as far as to say that a lot of maggots are parasitic, though "a lot" is relative.

Maggots feed on tissues that are dead or infected. This clears the dead/infected tissue out of the otherwise healthy host (unless the entire host is dead, in which case the point is moot) without damaging healthy tissue. Further, maggots secret an substance that increases healing.

Some doctors now are using therapeutic maggots (bred and raised in a sterile environment) to heal certain damage... most extensively, I believe, in diabetics with trauma to the feet/legs due to poor blood circulation.

And to comment on the moderators abusing their power/PM issues... I used to moderate the Something Awful forums like 5 years ago... back when they first developed DPPH and FYAD. The forums were glitchy and posts would vanish and PMs would go astray, and I took a huge amount of shit for "spying" on people and "deleting" PMs, posts, and emails. Yes, personal emails sent from a hotmail account to somebody else's AOL account. I have no idea if mods on the site in question are fucking about with PMs, but with a large message board it's almost impossible to monitor every single message/post/etc and it's really REALLY easy to blame people for malfunctions they had nothing to do with. Just something to keep in mind.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
Anyone seen this yet?
« Reply #132 on: 2007 January 04, 07:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

$15 a month just for member picture. Excuse us some us got more important stuff to spend $15 on like winter heat bill or groceries, that are rising in cost.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: