PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 10:29:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  For NeptuneSuzy
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For NeptuneSuzy  (Read 121653 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #60 on: 2007 July 16, 23:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "NeptuneSuzy"
Personally, I don't care where my files go .... my site... mts2.... tsr.... the exchange....PMBD.... or the moon!

That is a perfectly reasonable and pragmatic viewpoint. Naturally, that's why I don't really care either.

However some people do. Actually many of you have TOU's way more extensive than I do. I would abide by your TOU, and I just think we'd have a better community if we respected each others wishes when it concerns our creations. I know that everyone here hates paysites for various reasons, and I agree to a certain point. I don't agree that taking someone's files is the way to deal with it. That's just seems mean-spirited to me.

I know! Why do you think I chose this way? I mean, sure, lots of other people have done this filesharing thing in the past, but they were never right proper assholes about it. And what's the fun in THAT? I mean, hell, I don't even use this stuff. I just do it because it causes people butthurt. And that's just funny.

One of the issues I have with PMBD is that I think you should be more upfront. Rather than hide behind the EULA, just admit that what you're doing is wrong but that you're doing it regardless.

Well, technically, *I* don't think what we're doing is WRONG at all. I *DO* think it causes unnecessary butthurt, and that's what makes it FUN!

You want disclosure from paysites, so why not give a little disclosure here.    ie: We're taking paysite files and freeing them until the paysite goes free, we know it's wrong but we're doing it anyway because we want the community to be an all free community, or because we believe paysites hinder sharing etc. In some cases the copying of files can be theft of intellectual property, just admit that you're willing to do it anyway, just be up front. This forum in some ways is a breath of fresh air due to it's openess, so why not be even more open and direct.

Again, I don't really believe this is wrong. I also similarly believe the concept of "theft of intellectual property" is absurd, but that's a different and unrelated story.

My other issue with PMBD is that some young and/or immature people get a sense of unrealistic confidence (they get riled up) and move to the direction of harassment. Not everyone, and probably not any regaular posters here. And I know that many of you here denounce what they do.... ie: that 12 yr old who posted something stupid about a month ago, some of you felt he was giving the movement a bad name,  so you know what I'm talking about.

Users are required to convincingly pretend to be older than 12. It sez so in the registration agreement. Furthermore, harassment is not an activity supported by us, as this isn't really very funny.

I know quite a few very nice people who are generous and do wonderful things with their lives yet they have pay creations somewhere. These people are harassed as if they were evil, yet they may be far more generous in reality than the rest of us. There are real individuals on the other side of the screen with real feelings just like yours.

Oh, my. REAL feelings. I do get such a warm, fuzzy sense of satisfaction when I stomp on people's pwecious feewings. Yes, I know, I'm an asshole. Pleading with me cuz I'm hurting someone's pwecious feewings is totally the wrong way to convince me of anything. If anything, that just makes me more determined to do it. Honestly, this entire thing would not have been much fun if it didn't cause butthurt.

About TSR, I know you all have questions etc. but I don't own TSR. I don't make their policies. I have no influence in TSR's policies, sorry. And since it's not my site I'm not defending their policies either.

Ultimately, I don't really have any beef with TSR creators specifically. After all, they don't run the site, and if they're getting paid money for that? Meh, so what? It's a properly pragmatic and mercenary attitude which I can respect. It's only when they get butthurt and whine about us that I sneer at them.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
NeptuneSuzy
Landlubber

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #61 on: 2007 July 16, 23:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RedLove"
Wow Suzy,  I have new found respect for you for sticking it out and not going all psycho on us and threatening to hack us. *does a little salute thingy my dad taught me*

Angelica she did a lot more than other people did so I respect her for that. Maybe you're too jaded to appreciate her even coming here but I can. For as long as I've been here the creators haven't responded or responded and then went psycho and threatened with lawyers and other crap. She may not have answered all the questions but she did some. So to me she did stick it out.

Thanks!  and Thanks! Cheesy

I've seen her free site. It's kind of lacking. I have a question about that. Does Windkeeper mind you editing her windows and offering them for free?
 :shock: Isn't that against TSR rules?

They aren't Windkeeper's windows, they're Chrissy6930's windows.

Quote from: "SnarkyShark"
Maxis could be blamed for originally allowing paysites to gain a foothold in the community. Then TSR, though not the first paysite, set an example for many of those that followed. And TSR, as we all know, is owned by a man (unless you've got some REALLY good dirt on Thomas).

No, no really good dirt! LOL! You're so right though about EA/Maxis.

Quote from: "kariminger"
Quote from: "Ensign EO"
Suzy, if it was proven by EA that what PMBD was doing was declared illegal, I know that some people have stated that they would abandon the cause and move on.  You may think it's wrong, but most of the people who do partake in it don't think so.

It's not so much about whether I personally think it's wrong, but it's causing alot of friction, and I think alot of folks get caught in the crossfire.
War is serious bizniz.

Eh, I hug more trees than anyone. I send emails to creators on TSR, but I'm nice about it, thank you (ask DOT, I'm still waiting for my cookies and cheerios). As for creating friction with the whole debate and the existence of PMBD, change is needed. Change creates friction. The people who are really getting caught in the crossfire are the KIDS who TSR and other major subscription/pay sites are ripping off because they are too young and too uninformed to know of the alternatives.

Honestly, I don't give a crap about EAxis's right to all the profit of the game (though I think they should). I care about the kiddies, and by extention, the kiddies' parents. They are getting ripped in a bad way...through the pocket.

Emails that are clever and friendly actually may win people over in my opinion. Wink
I guess that's what I meant when I said friction, that emails etc that are flaming just get people angry and the person that's being flamed is just going to get angry and all there is a bunch of friction.
But you're right, change often creates friction.

Now go hug a tree for Willy! LOL!

Quote from: "AwwBoo"
"creates fiction"

I admit I'm not that active on fora, but I know that prior to this paysite issue, there was plenty of drama and hate in the Sims 2 community.  People, creator or not, left the community prior to PMBD.  People left hateful messages on guestbooks and in people's inboxes prior to PMBD.

But I guess evil and bad things didn't exist until the paysite issue arose.

You're right, there were always dramatic fights etc., right from the beginning. I guess the difference was that they seemed to come and go, or maybe it was that the subject of the fight was always changing. Now it's the same battle going on and on so it feels different. But yes.... evil existed before the paysite issue! Wink
Lwerszva
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #62 on: 2007 July 16, 23:14:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, has anyone ever told you that you have a way with words?
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #63 on: 2007 July 16, 23:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't imagine someone as evil and generally cruel as JM saying "pwecious feewings", but for some reason if I heard a diabolical overlord talking like a baby, I'd wet my pants and flee.  That is just wrong.
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #64 on: 2007 July 16, 23:43:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hahahahaha! I really have some fun in here! After all.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Jaida
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #65 on: 2007 July 17, 00:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She didn't respond to Pescado either which means he gets cookies too! :mrgreen:

OT: Pescado I know that you don't care about people sharing your hacks but I think you should email bladex just for the lols.

Formerly known as SlayerAngel)
Please ask about Monroe's Asylum-it needs your help!!

i can haz witchcraft?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #66 on: 2007 July 17, 03:37:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lwerszva"
Pescado, has anyone ever told you that you have a way with words?
I just saw an awful lot of mentioning that he likes butthurt.  :twisted:

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #67 on: 2007 July 17, 03:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two words for butthurt: Preparation H!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #68 on: 2007 July 17, 04:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I have read through the posts, I just want to make one or maybe two points:  When purchasing Custom Content (one example - Peggy Sims 2) it looks really great in the screenshots, so you subscribe and you download and you go into your game....the hair damn sucks!  Gaps and weird colors, wacky in game, etc.  So, it's too late because you have already paid for this crap.  Peggy can keep her "intellectual property" - I think of all of her stuff I have 1 mesh.  There are many examples of this same problem with other objects not working properly in game as well.  As to TSR, when I had a sub and had issues - I went days, and I mean over 8-10 without a response to my issues.  So, exactly why are we paying for this?  Because once they have your money....so long suckers!
 :twisted:
I am glad I got a lot of things off of the booty, because some of the things I wanted really bad were really shitty in game.

The second point I would like to make is that though I disagree with Neptune Suzy, I do appreciate her sense of humor and her willingness to post here on the board.  Most creators wouldn't.  However, I do disagree with some of what she said, but I think it is ok to disagree and be civil and not insulting.  As to the "real" people on the other side of the screen.  Well, I happen to be a "real" person too.  With "real" bills, "real" kids, "real" college tuition, "real" cars, etc.  I just don't believe EA developed the Sims by sitting around a big conference table saying "Hey, let's come up with a game we can sell but other people can make content for it and make money by charging our customers for designs using our product....!"   Somehow, I just don't think that was the intent at all.  But meh, just my opinion.

Pes - Could you give a definition of butthurt?  That's a new one for me.  Cheesy

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
AwwBoo
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #69 on: 2007 July 17, 05:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "AwwBoo"
"creates fiction"

No mentioned it, actually, but it seems fitting.  :wink:

Oh dear, I really should've read over that post first before hitting the submit button.  *Blushes*  I was going for friction.   :oops:  I suppose both could work though. Smiley

Free the wee little turl-tles!
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #70 on: 2007 July 17, 05:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hah, looks like I missed a word.  I don't pick on errors since I make plenty of my own--I really do think that both are fitting though, what with people who enjoy spinning stories about Delphy and whatnot.

I think of "butthurt" as being akin to teen angst, but who knows what goes on in JM's head.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #71 on: 2007 July 17, 05:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I define "butthurt" as what comes from being constipated for two months and finally being able to push a cannonball sized load out of that tiny little oriface. THAT, my friends, would be real butthurt, in my estimation...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pucci
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #72 on: 2007 July 17, 05:51:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why yes, that extremely graphic description is a very literal definition.

In Pescado's (and the usual) context it is to get upset over ridiculously insignificant things, like us big bad pixel thieves, and that silly teen angst as Ensign said.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #73 on: 2007 July 17, 06:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't praise NeptuneSuzy too much for coming here - she's a TSR ambassador and I believe they have the job of spreading the good word about TSR.  She's company relations guys - she's not being nice.

She doesn't really care about how this debate goes, or whether people have more free stuff - she just wants you to think well of her so by extension TSR's reputation will be better.  I wouldn't be surprised if she's being paid to do it.

She hasn't had the guts to really respond to the debate, or to legitimate questions, and seems to have bowed out of the s2c debate since Nouk got an answer to a question about custom meshes and the ability to sell them.

I love the butthurt speech.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #74 on: 2007 July 17, 07:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't imagine someone as evil and generally cruel as JM saying "pwecious feewings", but for some reason if I heard a diabolical overlord talking like a baby, I'd wet my pants and flee.  That is just wrong.

It helps if you envision it in the mocking tone it was meant to be taken in. The analogy is apt: Only babies care about "feelings".

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: