PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 04:50:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  SHINY FLOORS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SHINY FLOORS  (Read 36750 times)
TashaYarrr
ARR!

View Profile
SHINY FLOORS
« Reply #30 on: 2007 July 15, 00:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My quick and totally unscientific results:

Using one of the big Murano (5x5) overlays seems to impact performance somewhat less than getting the TSR 1x1 'floor mirror' and tiles.

The Murano thing is also cool because you just lay it over any existing floor and voila, reflecty. The TSR (and I assume other implementations) require you to put down the base mirror tile object and then another object (with the floor texture) on top of that...so probably having all those separate objects doesn't help.
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
SHINY FLOORS
« Reply #31 on: 2007 July 15, 01:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG, if you're going to try to kill your computer with the floor mirror tiles - do it with class and use the Murano one. LOL! The one from TSR suxxors.

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
SHINY FLOORS
« Reply #32 on: 2007 July 15, 03:17:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the murano ones. They're so easy. Just place over floor tiles. Done.
I'm still hoping someone find those reflective walls. I didn't even know they existed until today. Now I'm psyched for 'em.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
SHINY FLOORS
« Reply #33 on: 2007 July 15, 05:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been looking for them. I thought they may be part of the Grand Trianon set over at MTS2 but haven't stumbled on them yet. Of course, as soon as I give up there they'll be....  :roll:

Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
SHINY FLOORS
« Reply #34 on: 2007 July 15, 14:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok. I have Jedi patience. I can wait. No biggie. Someone will stumble upon them soon enough.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
SHINY FLOORS
« Reply #35 on: 2007 July 29, 03:36:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's just a wall. And the floor that comes with it is Teko's Prada floor. The same that slows down game.

# FullWallMirror_Recolour_Teko-Prada.rar: this RAR contains the recolour coordinate with the original Teko - Prada ReflectionFloor.  IMPORTANT: In order to use it, you *MUST* install Teko's reflection floor!

Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
SHINY FLOORS
« Reply #36 on: 2007 July 29, 03:53:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. It's pretty cool, but I was hoping for something like the reflective floors that can be placed over any floor tile to make it reflective. In order to get those mirrors to match my floor I'd have to get/make recolors. I do appreciate you linking to that set though. It is nice.

~Paden
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
SHINY FLOORS
« Reply #37 on: 2007 July 29, 07:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.happy8.com/bbsims Has reflective walls - downloaded them myself - but I don't know if they are over all walls or not.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
SHINY FLOORS
« Reply #38 on: 2007 July 29, 07:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't get there.  I even cleared my cache and cookies.  I get this message:

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.happy8.com/bbsims

The following error was encountered:

* Unable to forward this request at this time.

This request could not be forwarded to the origin server or to any parent caches. The most likely cause for this error is that:

* The cache administrator does not allow this cache to make direct connections to origin servers, and
    * All configured parent caches are currently unreachable.

Your cache administrator is none@none.net.
Generated Sun, 29 Jul 2007 07:28:03 GMT by f22.cn.generalv.com (squid/2.6.STABLE13)

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
SHINY FLOORS
« Reply #39 on: 2007 July 29, 07:44:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was there about a day and a half ago - so it could just be down temporarily.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
SHINY FLOORS
« Reply #40 on: 2007 July 29, 07:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gotcha, I will check it again later.  Thanks.  Smiley

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
SHINY FLOORS
« Reply #41 on: 2007 July 29, 12:16:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Numenor just uploaded his version to MTS2, should be on first or second  page. It's recolourable, so you can add a layer with a pattern of your choice to it as well!  Cheesy

Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
SHINY FLOORS
« Reply #42 on: 2007 July 29, 16:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the same error message from babbyebe sims.

~Paden
aSIMmetrical
Landlubber

View Profile
SHINY FLOORS
« Reply #43 on: 2007 August 02, 03:36:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as the floors go, I'm familiar with two versions, both by Teko -- the older one is apparently opaque and recolorable, and I believe it requires shaders (which is why it doesn't work for everyone), while the newer Murano version is transparent and doesn't require shaders. No idea the status of the older one, but the newer one is apparently being moved to TSR along with the rest of Murano Mobilia, so it'll most likely be in the booty soon. Tongue
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
SHINY FLOORS
« Reply #44 on: 2007 August 02, 05:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Murano removed all their downloads from MuranoMobilia, including the Millenium set, because they've decided to join TSR. If you look at the bottom  left of the page where you used to be able to download the set in small print it says "Available soon at TSR". So, you're not able to figure out how to download the stuff from the site simply because there is no longer anything there to download. Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: