PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 06:36:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  You have got to be kidding me...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: You have got to be kidding me...  (Read 20790 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
You have got to be kidding me...
« Reply #45 on: 2007 July 20, 16:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "kariminger"
Just confirming, but I would be completely insane to go to a suburban Chicago bookstore tonight to wait for the midnight distribution, wouldn't I? I can't decide if I want to do that or wait until they open at 9 tomorrow. See, I have this tradition of getting them on the release day, reading them straight until done, and then waiting for everyone else to catch up. Usually not an issue, but my one best friend wants to go out for drinks for her birthday Saturday.

I had a dream that it was only 489 pages and I couldn't decide if I was pissed at the shortness or happy that I'd get it finished before her party-thing.

Not insane - smart - depends how well you want to do in Harry Potter internet stouches.  If I'm right with any of my theories I will be trouncing all over the Leaky Lounge telling them how right I was.

Woe to the Unbeliever will be my catch cry.

If however, I am wrong, I will drop off the face of the earth.

And no - I'm not a Harry/Hermione shipper - I'm not fucking mad.

My main theories are:
Snape loved Lily.
Harry will not die.
Horcruxes will be destroyed by Harry's blood - all immortalised under the name of calalily there too.

I'm going to bed in 10 minutes so I can be up and reading at 9.01am - Australians are soooo fucking lucky.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 July 20, 18:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, geeze, you guys are evil! My three year old is still listening to that damn thing... fuck, it's draining my brain and making me want to bake more stuff... Anything the child wants, falling under his spell with the influence of that damn thing in the background... I've already made oatmeal/raisin cookies and have a loaf of bread in the bread machine... The child will snack well...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 July 20, 18:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cookies?!?!  Can I have chocolate chip?

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
solianq
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 July 20, 19:02:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read the last chapter of an advance copy.  It was satisfying.  That is all.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 July 20, 19:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "armywife"
Cookies?!?!  Can I have chocolate chip?

*hands over plate of chocolate chip cookies* I made those Monday and still have some in the freezer cause I make double batches of those!

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
ARR!

Sublime Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: 2007 July 20, 20:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:cry:  me can't haz cookiez...

I went and had a tooth removed and it got messy, he was poking and pulling for an hour and I lost some bone as well. Until now I had never met a pain Pana Forte couldn't fix...

So I'm having chocolate mousse and waiting for potter!

2hrs 21 mins to go!

And my predictions are with you Cal, though I have been preparing myself for Snape's death, its okay because fanfic will resurrect him!

-Skadi
potterpotterpotterpotterpotterpotterpotterpotterpotterweasleyweasley!

Pesky Pescado's in your garden? SublimeSims.net. Proud host to Illusions of Grandeur, Calalily Sims and Sims2Artists.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 July 20, 20:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Evil! Eeeeeeevil! That Potter thing had my kid going for twenty goddamn minutes before he finally got bored with it and let me go elsewhere. And I'm jealous of anyone who gets the book tonight because if I know the millstone I married, I won't get to read it until next fucking year... But when your mouth heals, I'll givez ya cookiez, cus I is a cookie makin mommy... scary to think that the pirate you all love and think you know is actually domestic in some things... Like food!

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 July 20, 20:52:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fuck... double post and didn't mean to... where in the hell is the goddamn delete button on this stupid thing... gah...

AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 July 20, 21:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*munches yummy chocolate chip cookies from pirate mommy...hands Paden rum since the monkey (actually she drank all of hers just doesn't want us to know) stole hers but I share because I got cookies*

Here's some rum for you too Skadi, sorry about your tooth..that sucks.  Hope you feel better soon.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Ieliminate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 July 20, 21:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The PotterPotter thing was hilarious, for the few seconds I watched it. I could believe a little kid watching it for hours. If it was later at night I probably have listened to it until I blanked out and exited it. I'm not getting it right away, I probably won't get it until Christmas. I'll probably read it before that though.

I've had enough cookies in the last two weeks to last for awhile.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 July 20, 22:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*hands Ieliminate a thick slice of Hawaiin sweet bread, still warm with honey butter on it* I don't only make cookies, ya know. And I love the cat avi's, those are awesome. My kid especially loved the kitty taking down the toilet paper because he saw my cat actually doing that...

Aikane
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 July 21, 05:00:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I've finished it Tongue I cried  :oops:

I don't know if I like it, the last four/five deaths were senseless you ask me.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2007 July 21, 15:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All deaths by evil are senseless Aikane - I finished it 5 hours ago, and had a bit of a re-read of the bit on Hollows and Horcruxes and the Battle - don't want to say too much.  No one likes an unexpected spoiler.

I cried at least 5 times, and cried when the enormity hit me at the end of what had happened - mainly the names bit.

Although, I have to say Woe to the Unbeliever

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Aikane
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 July 21, 15:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that, but there was no follow up or anything on them like there was with the deaths in previous books...it was just splat, dead and then nothing, straight into the epilouge. I would have liked a funeral or some sort of closing scene about the deaths.

(I howled continually through the book  :oops: Specially when *that* pair was killed - also trying to be ambiguous here - they were my favourites)

I was happy that one of my big theories was proved right though Cheesy
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2007 July 21, 17:02:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Aikane"
I know that, but there was no follow up or anything on them like there was with the deaths in previous books...it was just splat, dead and then nothing, straight into the epilouge. I would have liked a funeral or some sort of closing scene about the deaths.

(I howled continually through the book  :oops: Specially when *that* pair was killed - also trying to be ambiguous here - they were my favourites)

I was happy that one of my big theories was proved right though Cheesy

Yeah - me too - that the both of them - so so sad.  The real wrench for me was the apparation silver one - oh I cried a lot for that - still brings tears to my eyes.  And the realisation of fate scene - oh that was terrible - I went right along for that ride. *Trying desperately not to spoil here*

But all those Harry/Hermione shippers must be crying themselves to sleep - as any sane person knew.  I actually saw one of them argue that Ron giving Hermione a bottle of perfume meant less than Harry giving her a book -  :shock: yeah - cause my husband wouldn't smash someone in the face if they were a friend and gave me perfume - books - no smashing  :lol:

I think maybe there was nothing that could be said at a funeral that we didn't already feel.  I think the continuation meant a lot - and the place they'd gone.  More than weeping - which we know they'll do.

Visit Calalilysims

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: