PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 03:53:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  You have got to be kidding me...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: You have got to be kidding me...  (Read 20812 times)
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
You have got to be kidding me...
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 11, 18:33:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, to be honest I don't think that as pirates, we can really complain too much if someone hosts our files on other sites. After all, isn't the basis of our argument that EA has given us permission to freely share all files as we wish? In that case, Blade has every right to host MATY hacks on his site, just as we have every right to host pay files here. BUT as pirates, we still agree that credit should in every case be given to the original creator. Every creator, every time. It isn't stated in the EULA, but it's common courtesy, right? And it doesn't need to be said that we don't agree whatsoever with free files being posted in a pay section.

So I can only conclude one thing, Blade is a douchebag who thinks that by hosting Pescado's hacks, refusing to credit him and charging for it that he will piss people off. It is working, I guess, except not on the intended target. Pescado probably doesn't give a rats ass, and if people are dumb enough to pay for them elsewhere then I guess we can't save everyone.

Also Blade, if you do read this, I just want you to know that your files are in the booty for the sake of completeness. No one really wants em, they're right on par with the Carla Niven stuff. Pandora Sims peaked in TS1 days, since then it's just another ugly stepchild with subpar downloads.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 11, 20:26:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What Leigen said.

All of it.

(I"d blame her for stealing my thunder, but mine was barely a rumble compared to her eloquence. Oh, and we toss Pandora around the pirate crew like a hot potato...no one wants to do it.)

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Jaida
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 July 11, 22:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's next? He steals the inSimenator? :lol:

Formerly known as SlayerAngel)
Please ask about Monroe's Asylum-it needs your help!!

i can haz witchcraft?
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 July 11, 23:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't someone already steal the inSimenator? I could have sworn I read that in one of the threads.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 July 12, 01:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes has, I believe, stated that he honestly doesn't care.

I suspect that, if he ever thinks much about it at all, he's not thrilled that this stuff is being sold, but pretty much seems to think that if anyone is dumb enough to pay for outdated custom content that is available for free and supported / updated elsewhere, then that is on the dumb person's head.

If I have misinterpreted Pes's comments, that is on me. He was asked directly and his attitude was basically "Meh, whatever". Smiley

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 July 12, 02:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Feverish"
Didn't someone already steal the inSimenator? I could have sworn I read that in one of the threads.

Someone plagiarized it, yes; as in, they downloaded it for free and then attempted to sell it. You can't really steal something that's offered for free, can you? You can, however, attempt to take credit for creating it and try to sell it in an immoral fashion (which was done).
Jaida
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 July 12, 14:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Feverish"

Yes but not Bladex from PandoraSims.

Formerly known as SlayerAngel)
Please ask about Monroe's Asylum-it needs your help!!

i can haz witchcraft?
Lhop
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 July 17, 10:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I am a bit late in replying, but I wanted to reply again, since I originally posted this thread.
I agree with what Liegenschonheit said, and I didn't realize that Pescado doesn't care.  Although he is not required to credit Pescado, he should.
Having said that, I think that he should at least give credit where credit is due, since we do that here, and we are seen as being the scum of the sims community by many (wrongfully, but it's true) so shouldn't he at least try to live up to the standards of a bunch of "Pirates"?  I suppose he doesn't have to, so he won't.  He is a scumbag, and as Liegenschonheit said, a douchebag.
He seems like a scummy loser, and usually there is no talking to such people, which is why I didn't reply to his reply.
While EA does allow for sharing, they don't allow for profitting off of CC or hacks.  And if this was a free site doing this, I wouldn't have mentioned it, but it is a pay site selling free items without credit, and as has been mentioned by me and someone else in this thread, he is selling people unsupported versions of hacks that he does not update, and I think that behavior is unconscionable.
All in the name of the almighty dollar, though, I suppose.
Lhop
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 July 17, 10:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*edited to delete stupid double post*
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 July 17, 11:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I am a bit late in replying, but I wanted to reply again, since I originally posted this thread.

And again and again and again............................ apparently  :lol:

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Lhop
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2007 July 17, 13:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, calalily.  :shock:
Yes, I suppose I am beating a dead horse a bit here, but I tend to do that.

I will take the hint and not post on this unless I am directly asked something.  I only wanted to post because I had said that I might email him again, and I wanted to let people know that I had decided against it for the reasons mentioned above.
Plus I am very talkative.   :lol:

ETA:
OOOPS!  I did it again, didn't I?   :oops:    :lol:
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 July 17, 14:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Cala was referring to your double post.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 July 17, 15:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lhop, she was talking about your double post, ya plum Wink *passes bottle of rum*

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Lhop
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 July 17, 17:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh shit, she was, wasn't she?!  I just noticed that.
Sorry guys, it was like 4 am when I wrote that and I hadn't gone to sleep yet.   :oops:
Either way, I should probably just drop this, since nothing will come of this anyhow.
But, I stand by what I said Blade or Bladex, whatever the fuck he calls himself, is scum!

ETA:
*Drinks rum, even though she shouldn't because she is already quite flaky today*

*Edited again to fix a stupid typo*
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2007 July 17, 17:48:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I was referring to the double post - but I tend to write too formally so I sound flat of affect and mean I should use smilies moar.  :lol:

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: