PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:15:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  You have got to be kidding me...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: You have got to be kidding me...  (Read 20668 times)
Lhop
ARR!

View Profile
You have got to be kidding me...
« on: 2007 July 11, 02:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pardon me if someone has already posted this, but I saw this and just got so fucking pissed.
I was at Pandora Sims 2, and I looked at the "Super Mod" and it is all hacks from MATY.  They even kept the name and description, just took out all of the MATY stuff.  Here's the link if anyone is interested in checking it out.
Pandora Sims Asswipes
The thing that pisses me off most?  They are charging for this.  That's right, it's a payfile.  I hate these assholes.  I was looking at their site, and it has a Job Opportunities section, and it describes one of the animation jobs as "high paying".  i thought these sites were only charging to help with bandwidth.
I am going to send these idiots a message about the "Super Mod" and see if they deny it.  This bothers me a lot because some poor schmuck could get conned into paying for this, not knowing they can get the same thing free from the people who ACTUALLY MADE IT.  Not only that, but they'll be able to get any necessary fixes, etc.  I highly doubt that this site offers any type of support...
After I write the message, i will post a copy of it, and I will let you know if I get a reply.
FUCK!
Sorry, I think I am wayyy too pissed off about this.
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 11, 02:14:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this has been mentioned somewhere in another thread.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 11, 02:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I'm pretty sure this has already been covered (it's still lame though). I'd direct you to the thread, but I can't quite remember where it is (lost in the mists of time, I suppose). Someone else might be better able to direct you if they can dig it up.
Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 11, 02:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont think we can have enough
"Blade from PandoraSims is a crusty butthole" threads

:twisted:     :lol:     :twisted:
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 11, 02:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/viewtopic.php?t=833&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Towards the bottom of the page someone asks why the MATY stuff is in the booty, next page says it may be a poke at Pandora's.

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
Lhop
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 11, 02:55:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, okay, either way, I sent them an email, if you're interested.  I just was really surprised at this, but I don't know why I am getting surprised at the greed of a paysite.
Oh well, maybe I'll get an interesting reply.  Sorry for posting on this when someone already had posted...I just was pretty sure I hadn't seen anything on it.  I guess that's what I get for thinking I had found something new and shocking!  Cheesy  :lol:

I sent them an email, here it is:

To: bladex@pandorasims.net

Subject: pandora sims enquiry

Dear Bladex,
I am writing in regards to your "Super Mod".
    I do not know if you are aware of this, but your super mod consists entirely of other people's mods, namely those of MATY (More Awesome Than You).You are offering this "Super Mod" for purchase, but these mods were made freely available to your site and the community by MATY.  I am writing as a member of the MATY forum and on behalf of the PMBD (Paysites Must Be Destroyed) forum.
    I think that it would be a nice gesture of goodwill if you were to give a link to MATY, and let your site visitors know that they can get these mods for free over at MATY if they choose to.  I hope you will consider doing this, or taking the Super Mod down and telling your visitors to go to MATY for this.
    I would appreciate a reply about this, you can contact me via this email address.  Thank you in advance.
Thank you,
Lisa

If you would like to write them too, make sure to copy my subject line, I copied it from their site, they said not to change it becasue if you do the spam blocker might block it.
Hopefully I will get a reply from someone and something will be done about this, I think the least they could do is to put a link on their site to MATY.
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 11, 06:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fat chance of that. Blade just steals whatever he likes and charges for it. Pescado and MATY aren't the only ones he's done this to, and he pretty much told Numenor to shove it when he asked that his creations be removed from a pay site.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 11, 07:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, it was discussed. I saw it over on Pandora Sims site and it made me wonder if it was the same set of hacks. Off to MATY I went to find out that it is the same set of hacks, they already knew about it, and were laughing at it. Shortly thereafter the MATY stuff popped up in the booty. There wasn't a loud to-do made of it so that's probably why it was new to you.

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Lhop
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 11, 09:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "liegenschonheit"
Fat chance of that. Blade just steals whatever he likes and charges for it. Pescado and MATY aren't the only ones he's done this to, and he pretty much told Numenor to shove it when he asked that his creations be removed from a pay site.

Hmm, I guess you were right, because this is the response I got from s/h/it:

they are stealing my stuff so I'm doing the same

No greeting, salutation, capitalization or punctuation.  Then again, I guess maybe I was expecting too much out of someone who has usable vibrators for sims on their site...Not that I have anything wrong with usable vibrators for sims, but you know what I mean...
Should I write back, because I know s/h/it's saying that PMBD stole their shit, but they aren't using PMBD's hacks, they're using MATY's hacks.  Then again, they probably see it as being interchangeable, and I guess it sort of is.  Wow, I am bummed out though, I at least thought they would be, well, I don't know, different about this.
Again, that's what I get for having too much faith in humanity.

*Edited to fix stupid typos
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 11, 09:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So apparently that idiot thinks that downloading anything on the net (even if it's freely offered) is 'stealing.'  :shock:   Wow.
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 11, 09:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "lhop"
Hmm, I guess you were right, because this is the response I got from s/h/it:

they are stealing my stuff so I'm doing the same

And yet we haven't stolen one single thing from PandoraSims. It's all been paid for.

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
washout
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 11, 13:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a thread in S2C where numenor posted his exchange with him, making the guy look like a total ass. However, he was threatened because he told him that he'd take them down as long as he didn't post the conversation on MTS2. (and he didn't  :lol:)
As if his reputation isn't ruined enough...
Alphess
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 11, 13:35:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "washout"
There was a thread in S2C where numenor posted his exchange with him, making the guy look like a total ass. However, he was threatened because he told him that he'd take them down as long as he didn't post the conversation on MTS2. (and he didn't  :lol:)
As if his reputation isn't ruined enough...

http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=23345

Here's that thread...

'm not really a pirate, but I play one on the intarwebz.
Jaida
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 11, 16:31:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "evilredduckie"
And yet we haven't stolen one single thing from PandoraSims. It's all been paid for.

I bet considers it stealing. Wink Perhaps MATY should only have members download like what MTS2 and inSim do now. That is if Pescado cares about it or will just exploit the douche bag worse than Numenor did.

Formerly known as SlayerAngel)
Please ask about Monroe's Asylum-it needs your help!!

i can haz witchcraft?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 11, 18:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One could go to EA as did the creators who had left TSR. Just thinking. You've got a paysite stealing free files, selling them, and of course they are EA's package format.

I know from when it was discussed at MATY recently that Pes didn't truly really care...they don't keep the things updated like he does on the site. Let them deal with the whining when stuff conflicts.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: