PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 15:31:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  What's your view on 'filesharing' on the Exchange.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's your view on 'filesharing' on the Exchange.  (Read 13257 times)
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
What's your view on 'filesharing' on the Exchange.
« Reply #30 on: 2007 July 11, 01:11:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never understand why they write biographies for the sims they upload. In what way would that be beneficial? In what way should I even care? I just download them for content. It's usually themed content that I search for.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Lhop
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 July 11, 03:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ieliminate"
The Typical Sim Description on the Exchange:

This is Madisyn from my story [no story in existence]. She and Robyn are best friends. She is the most popular girl ever! She is a cheerleader and has a boyfriend named Crys. But, she is a slut. She is really depressed and goes home and cuts herself. Rate high and sign my g/b!!

[Warning actual exchange descriptions may be less literate and idiotic. Views represented here are not views of the author. All rights reserved.]

I think I over did the y's. But yeah emo or slutty describe most sims on the Exchange. Either that or they are a bunch of Maxis crap on a Maxis face template.

I came across a very disturbing simpage once that had sims with special stories to go with them.
It was scary.  There were al these skanky girls, and in the description it was like: "So and so, mom of so and so.  She got pregnant at 11 and is a prostitute." and then, "So and so, daughter of aforementioned slut.  She is starting to be a slut like her mom, she recently had sex with a guy and gave him a blow job."
Now, this was stated much less intelligently, but I've gotten the idea across.  I was so disturbed by the sim descriptions that I remember them all these months later.  There was stuff about rape, and the word fuck was used a lot.  And I could tell by the writing that the person who made the sims was relatively young.
But I also don't get why people will upload stuff with all maxis crap on a face one either.  It's like, why would I download this?  Do you think I am not capable of clicking on the first face and putting the ugliest maxis outfit on a sim?  Then again, I don't use face one a lot, so I guess it would be somewhat unique.  I've been using the face with the elf ears, and face four (I think?) a lot as a starting point.
I'm going to do what a few people above said though, and put up a whole bunch of pay crap on a sim.  Probably a slutty one, because I don't do emo.  I like to make goth sims, but not emo.  Emo is too boring.  (I almost typed "Elmo"!)
Grace
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 July 11, 03:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "lhop"

I came across a very disturbing simpage once that had sims with special stories to go with them.
It was scary.  There were al these skanky girls, and in the description it was like: "So and so, mom of so and so.  She got pregnant at 11 and is a prostitute." and then, "So and so, daughter of aforementioned slut.  She is starting to be a slut like her mom, she recently had sex with a guy and gave him a blow job."

:shock:
I don't know what's more disturbing, that simpage or the fact that I've seen that sort of things several times on the Exchange.
I suppose some of my sims that I've uploaded for the PMBD cause are more "goth" or "dark" rather than the OMGILOVEFOBPETEWENTZCHANGEDMYLIFE!!! emos. You can see on my simpage (http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/uploads.php?user_id=542445) which sims have gotten the most downloads..."Emo Kawachi" has gotten 200 or so I believe while the teen girl (with the fracking glitched peggy cap) has gotten the least, suprisingly. I would have thought she would have been most popular because most simmers are teen girls, and she had "cute hair" in the summary. I suggest, if you're making a slutty sim, go for the blond hair, tan skin, whore makeup style. The BBS kids seem to like that.  :lol:
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 July 11, 16:00:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Feverish"
I never understand why they write biographies for the sims they upload. In what way would that be beneficial? In what way should I even care? I just download them for content. It's usually themed content that I search for.

The children that do that work really hard on the bios and storylines to go with the sim they upload, not understanding that all their hard work is futile. I used to try to help them by explaining that if you want the sim to carry all that baggage you have to put them on a lot and upload the lot, but I gave up. Futile.  :roll:

Still watching you guys
Grace
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 July 11, 19:51:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SparklePlenty"

The children that do that work really hard on the bios and storylines to go with the sim they upload, not understanding that all their hard work is futile.

When I download sims, I hardly ever keep them the way their creators intended unless if I think it suits the sim. (I usually download sims for the genetics). I create a story and personality in my mind for my sims as well, but why would I expect people who download them to think the same?
I will never get how people like Aikea_guinea never shares their sims because they have an emotional attachment to them. Hell, I'm fond enough of my sims enough to not murder them (Well, usually fond enough), but I'm more than happy to share them.
cheekylilgirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 August 04, 11:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, following on from a few weeks ago.  I uploaded a few sims with pay items included and full credits to the creator.  They stayed there for about 2 weeks and then got deleted, even though they were rated high.

My other older downloads were not touched..  

How disappointing.

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
djslippyman
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 August 04, 23:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I need to find people on the exchange that have Pets or Seasons (that have patched too).  I downloaded about 15 sims i saw (just registered there about 2 weeks ago for the hell of it) and only about 2 showed up as they were missing meshes i guess.  

Again as stated lots of entries said "no meshes" but they needed them of course.  Lots of pay hair (but no meshes). Maybe if you get them from Pets or Seasons users then it could possibly be worth it.  

If I don't have Pets or Seasons (I have Nightlife and Univ) will i bork my game if import them in?  It will if its a Lot but how about a Sim??
Ieliminate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 August 05, 00:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it matters on sims. If there is stuff from a missing EP it shows up as Maxis in BodyShop. I wish it was the same with lots. I've found some awesome lots, but I only have NL.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 August 05, 00:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you know if your uploaded sims get deleted?  Do they disappear off of your simpage?  I uploaded sims for the first time July 23.  They are all still on my simpage and loaded with pay content.  I don't know how that site works at all though.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
cheekylilgirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 August 05, 00:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "keirra"
How do you know if your uploaded sims get deleted?  Do they disappear off of your simpage?  I uploaded sims for the first time July 23.  They are all still on my simpage and loaded with pay content.  I don't know how that site works at all though.

Well my older uploaded sims that have been there for years are still on my uploads page.  The newer sims with some pay content are no longer listed or showing up on my page so were obviously deleted.  

It's a shame and obviously another case of contradicting messages.   They were rated highly and all so it can't be that, and they were the newest uploads.

djslippyman
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 August 05, 01:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

were your skins "Detailed"?  I think that's a deal breaker for them.  then again I don't now how much they pick uploads apart?
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 August 05, 01:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I doubt that the mods actually download and look at the sims.  I could be wrong though.
I know that the 5 I put for upload have Peggy's pay skins and they are very detailed.  :lol:

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 August 05, 01:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My opinion, per the thread title, is that as long as paysites are advertised on the main site, and paysites continue to steal work and pass it as their own, I have no prob with uploading pay files with my uploads. Giving credit, eh, depends on the site, but I'm not going to claim it as my own.

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 August 05, 03:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I doubt that the mods actually download and look at the sims.  I could be wrong though.
I know that the 5 I put for upload have Peggy's pay skins and they are very detailed.  :lol:

To the best of my knowledge, the only ways an asset (sim or lot) will be deleted from your page are due to low ratings (they do cull the exchange every couple weeks, I think) or because it was reported by several people for having inappropriate or broken content.  Anatomically correct skins will get yanked, but only if reported enough times.

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
cheekylilgirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 August 05, 04:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "JFederated"

To the best of my knowledge, the only ways an asset (sim or lot) will be deleted from your page are due to low ratings (they do cull the exchange every couple weeks, I think) or because it was reported by several people for having inappropriate or broken content.  Anatomically correct skins will get yanked, but only if reported enough times.

That's what I was wondering about, seems like the only thing inappropriate was a matter of opinion and that was the pay items attached.  Otherwise they were detailed, and rated quite highly.  I never include anatomical correct skins in these uploads.   It's all interesting but still confusing.  

Thanks for the answers everyone

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: