PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 14:48:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  What's your view on 'filesharing' on the Exchange.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's your view on 'filesharing' on the Exchange.  (Read 13256 times)
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
What's your view on 'filesharing' on the Exchange.
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 07, 02:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "chemistrycourtney"
I didn't know they've included the meshes now.

It was added with the Pets expansion and presumably affects all expansions after.  I have all expansions so I don't know (for sure) if it was included with Seasons but I'm pretty sure it was..

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 07, 02:14:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well. It's cool I guess. Takes to long to find all the colors you want though. It also sucks when you try to get something from someone who doesn't have pets. MESH NOT INCLUDED :lol: Any how more power to them but I'll NEVER look for pay meshes in that hellhole again.  :roll:

Clementyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 July 07, 02:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "missangelica"

It was added with the Pets expansion and presumably affects all expansions after.  I have all expansions so I don't know (for sure) if it was included with Seasons but I'm pretty sure it was..

After the big uproar from cc creators, EA patched pets bs.  I'm pretty sure seasons no longer includes meshes.  Anyways, I havent heard creators moaning about the pets mesh surprise so much anymore and they havent said a word about seasons.

url=http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/index.php?pid=Exchange]EA's Official Stance on Sharing Pay Files![/url]
Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Alexander Hamilton
A Sim In Time: Purtiful Sims For You
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 July 07, 02:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll have to load up base + seasons with numenor's tool to test that out.  It'll be interesting to see the result.  

I'd like to see the source of your information though.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 July 07, 02:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't give a shit if my stuff ends up on the exchange - it means people are using it, and that's what I uploaded it for. For people to use and get for free. As long as it's not used to sell stuff, I don't care what happens with it.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 July 07, 03:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Clementyne"
Quote from: "missangelica"

After the big uproar from cc creators, EA patched pets bs.  I'm pretty sure seasons no longer includes meshes.  Anyways, I havent heard creators moaning about the pets mesh surprise so much anymore and they havent said a word about seasons.

No Seasons has exactly the same method of sucking up meshes as Pets. I know because until a few days ago I owned Seasons but had yet to get a copy of Pets.

EA didn't fix anything because everything in a .package file is theirs so logically they would want redistribution to be as easy as possible. I think there was little to no outcry when Seasons came out because by that point people had gotten used to it, found a way round it using clean installer for uploads to MTS2, INSIM etc. and come to the realisation that EA don't care about their individual creator policies and aren't going to redesign the tools because of them.
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 July 07, 09:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yer, when I packed up my Sims to send them into a .RAR, they went with all their needed meshes.  I have all expansion packs.

I'm tempted to ship my Sims off to the Exchange with as much paysite stuff on them as possible.  Pissing in an ocean of piss, but pfft.
cheekylilgirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 July 07, 12:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's been over a year or two since I uploaded anything to the exchange, but I have a feeling that is going to change..   I just need to handpick a few goodies to share with the masses and annoy a few choice paysite owners.

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
iamcoolerthanyou
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 July 07, 14:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Recently, I have started uploading sims with as much pay site stuff as I could manage on to try and give more people access to the stuff. I also say I take requests for stuff but if people do request, I just send them the link to the booty. i would just put the link straight up but I'm worried about getting banned or something. On my simpage though I do talk about this site and if people google what I've written in my sim page, they'll find this forum and the booty. Smiley
And I'm happy becuase some of the things I've uploaded in the past few eeks have got like over 300 downloads, and seeing how I try to make everything I use in the paysite stuff. a whole lot of people are getting some more paysite stuff in their game which is very good Cheesy
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
I got a quite a bit....
« Reply #24 on: 2007 July 08, 01:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

of cc from The Exchange.  I have all the expansions and I got 4 different hair styles that were Peggy Sims.  They were actually binned....something peggy is unable to do.   Tongue

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2007 July 08, 18:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, haven't been uploading to the Exchange for a while. But i will,
with all the paystuff and all. Good idea.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Grace
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 July 10, 18:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I've been uploading a crapload of pay CC to the exchange. I try to attract the BBS demographic by making the sims either emo or slutty.  :lol:
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 July 10, 19:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Grace"
Yep, I've been uploading a crapload of pay CC to the exchange. I try to attract the BBS demographic by making the sims either emo or slutty.  :lol:

:lol: how about slutty emo's?  that sounds like the BBS kids to me.   Smiley

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
Ieliminate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 July 10, 20:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Typical Sim Description on the Exchange:

This is Madisyn from my story [no story in existence]. She and Robyn are best friends. She is the most popular girl ever! She is a cheerleader and has a boyfriend named Crys. But, she is a slut. She is really depressed and goes home and cuts herself. Rate high and sign my g/b!!

[Warning actual exchange descriptions may be less literate and idiotic. Views represented here are not views of the author. All rights reserved.]

I think I over did the y's. But yeah emo or slutty describe most sims on the Exchange. Either that or they are a bunch of Maxis crap on a Maxis face template.
Grace
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 July 10, 20:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, what an accurate portrayal of the exchange. I remember someone who had pay stuff on their sims (I relied on that before I discovered the Booty...those were dark days...) who threatened to not put pay stuff up unless you signed her guestbook and rated.
I don't even get why people would put a maxis stuff on the #1 face. Why would someone download it? Meh, typical BBS/Exchangers are impossible to comprehend.
And chemistrycourtney, I usually just make emo guys, load them up with tons of aikea_guinea crap and the latest rose/peggy/raonsims hair and ship them off with a link to the booty a list of all the pay cc I used. But I do like the idea of a slutty emo. That could be very poplular with the kiddies.  :lol:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: