PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:40:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  What do we do if EA allows paysites?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What do we do if EA allows paysites?  (Read 5487 times)
Ahem
Landlubber

View Profile
What do we do if EA allows paysites?
« on: 2007 July 04, 17:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If worse comes to worse and EA rewrites their EULA to allow paysites, what do we do? Business as usual or?
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 04, 17:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that's going to be a problem - because if they rewrite their EULA in favour of pay content, you can be sure as shit that they will write in there that they get a payment.  Maybe TSR would be able to afford that, but most paysites wouldn't be viable if they had to pay for a licence to sell content.

Also, it would baffle me why they would put the whole "noncommercial" thing, and run an exchange which probably costs them some money, if they were willing to make it into a commercial venture.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 04, 18:06:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pure and simple. We beat them. We beat them with bottles. We beat them with bricks. We beat them with ball bats. We beat them silly with whatever is at hand. And then we sit back with our rum and popcorn and make plans to beat them some more, after we all get matching eye patches saying something to the effect that pirates will never give in. Actually, I don't think they'll be on the side of the paysites, they'd have to have a cut of some kind. Not many of the assholes can afford to give up their profit, not and feed their chilluns!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
HideTheRum
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 04, 20:20:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ARRRH Paden, count me in for a bit of the old piratey internet ultraviolence thingy :lol:

But seriously, no. EA would never allow paysites, at least not the easy way.

It was the least I could do. I always do the least I can do.
pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 04, 20:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't there a poll about this a while back?

Anyway, like I said there. If they do that, I'm sure as hell not buying another EA-game. Ever.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 04, 21:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We also put a sweet hob-nailed boot up their asses! I just feel a bit bloody minded today, due to the fact that our damn landlord refused to fix the air before the goddamn blasted holiday! I think he may be related to Pescado or something, maybe something like a bastard cousin... Or the pet of a pet of a pet's brother's wife's aunt's garden gnome... even a flamingo, but it's all Pescado's fault!!!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 04, 21:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They won't do that, I don't even think it is in the realm of possibility. However if they did they would likely take a cut of the profits as Calalily suggested, and would likely still not limit free distribution. The Sims is successful in large part due to CC that players can download to put in their games, that is why EA/Maxis hasn't really done anything because I'm sure that at this point they see no value in alienating their client base.
missnaughty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 05, 00:08:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would forsee canselling Sims 3, as why would anyone want to buy it if they allowed it.  And cancelling any future EP's and Stuff packs.  EA can go to the dogs.  :lol:  I will blow them up!
Ieliminate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 05, 00:51:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would think that EA was on some sort of drugs if they allowed paysite. I have hated paysites since I started playing the game ('05) and before I knew they were illegal. I would continue to think they were wrong.

I don't think I'll buy the Sims 3 (if it ever comes out).
flyingpigeon
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 05, 05:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not gonna effect much if they allow paysites. If they -don't- allow pirating sites, that's a problem Wink
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 05, 08:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "flyingpigeon"
It's not gonna effect much if they allow paysites. If they -don't- allow pirating sites, that's a problem Wink

Eh, let's be serious. This hasn't stopped pirating sites of Real Software, and it will ultimately make no real difference. If anything, it will just escalate the warfare as we move to merely distributing torrents of said content, instead of the actual content. Naturally, of course, we would own the copyright to said torrents we created. Just look at TPB.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: