PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 16:39:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 586636 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #2160 on: 2007 November 09, 18:08:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Micavaga"
22gb, calalily? I've got some serious catching up to do!

You betcha  Cheesy I have a serious habit.  I have downloaded so much stuff - of which the overwhelming majority is free - barring a few things like houses with custom content and sims with cc from the exchange that has undoubtedly got pay content in it.  That's why anyone who states that we need paysites for their content is a joke - I don't download everything I see, and only stuff I like the look of - yet I still have this much stuff.  

I tried to put it in my game to sort it out not long ago - lasted 2 days before despairing and deleting it all.  My figures were 97.3 Mb of walls and floors, 10 pages in bodyshop of just fucking eyebrows, 12 pages of contacts, and all up 10,000 files (before the walls and floors delete).

Before I deleted my custom content with a reinstall pre-Pets, I was up to 6gb in the old download folder - and that was 3 months of work, and periodic deletions.

Quote from: "JFederated"
And I don't even pirate anything!

That's the stupidest thing about this - all of those who suffered the blight of SecuRom were the paying, never pirating customers.  Way to completely fuck any profits you might have.  I also suspect that everyone else is feeling the same way - notice the lack of yay and eagerness over Teen Style Stuff?  Normally there is a bit of curiousity about it, and some excitement (not as big as an expansion of course) now - the overwhelming feeling is "Meh".

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: 2007 November 09, 21:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

22 gb of custom content would be fun to work with.
I only have something like 250 MB of CC in my game...
I want to get TS3 because it would be awesome to keep learning how to make my own content and share it for free with other people, but the way EA have been treating their fans seriously makes me want to not even bother.
Plus it looks like there may not be as many great resources for free creators if everyone leaves.
I Lost My Eyepatch
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: 2007 November 10, 07:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR agreement or not, the SecuRom stuff has guaranteed I'll never waste my money on the new expansions or any of the stuff packs... So I guess it doesn't affect me as far as new stuff goes.

And gah! 22GB of CC? I feel like such a lightweight with my 7GB. :oops:
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: 2007 November 10, 08:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might have close to 22 gb if I combined all 3 of my "Themed" downloads folders, but I don't want to even try.
As for the Sims2 itself, I seem to be the only one who dies not have Securon installed on my computer, and I have no idea why. I do not have a no crack cd, I play the original cd, that I purchased, but nowhere on my system do I have Securom. I thought maybe I wasn't looking in all the right places, but after taking it into the guys who custom built my computer, they can't find it either.( I do have BV installed too)
Having said that, I admit that I do not also have the "official" patch, but I do have the one from MATY. I won't be purchasing any more expansion packs, I don't know if I just got lucky with the whole Securom thing or what, but I'm not taking any chances with any new expansions.
As for Sims 3, no thanks, I'm out. With all the BS EA has been saying, I just don't believe they would know the truth if it bit them in the ass.
When I read about TSR and EA working together on a site, I was utterly disgusted. It's bad enough that EA refuses to take a stand one way or the other on pay sites, but to now publicly come out and say they are working on a joint project, turns my stomach.
I have more than enough CC in my game to keep me happy for years, and the majority of it is free.
EA can kiss my ass, cause they are not getting any more of my hubbys' hard earned dollars.

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
SmilingSweetly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: 2007 November 10, 13:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "WedgewoodBlue"
As for the Sims2 itself, I seem to be the only one who dies not have Securon installed on my computer, and I have no idea why. I do not have a no crack cd, I play the original cd, that I purchased, but nowhere on my system do I have Securom. I thought maybe I wasn't looking in all the right places, but after taking it into the guys who custom built my computer, they can't find it either.( I do have BV installed too)

No, you're not the only one. I don't have it either. I have scanned my system every way from Sunday and in every form and fashion that people have mentioned, and it is no where to be found.

I was all jazzed about Sims3 up until I saw how EA has treated their customers during this whole SukuRom fiasco. Now I won't be purchasing any more EA products.

Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: 2007 November 10, 14:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured out long ago--during Sims 1 days--that it's a bad idea to be an early adopter of anything EA releases.  They've screwed us over too many times.  I can't remember which x-packs they were, but there were at least a couple in Sims 1 which made a complete mess of the game until they were finally patchable.

So I'm beyond careful in adding x-packs to Sims 2, months behind, and will never buy BV or any of the stuff packs.  I'm done with EA too, and am facing the sad fact that Iafter seven years of this   :shock:   I need another hobby.

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2166 on: 2007 November 10, 16:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "I Lost My Eyepatch"
And gah! 22GB of CC? I feel like such a lightweight with my 7GB.

I play with no custom content but what I made myself though - hence the obsession with bedding - and if I had the time and inclination to learn how to mesh hair, I would have released one a week easily.  Those are my two big obsessions - although I have a lot of bodyshop stuff.  Maybe 10% is objects.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: 2007 November 10, 17:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I didn't have Securom either, no amount of searching brought it up, but it doesn't want to be found so you need to enable Hidden File Viewing via Windows Explorer to see those files.  If it's not causing you any grief, that's a good thing, methinks.   Smiley

Windows Explorer>ToolMenu>Folders>ViewTab>Hidden Files and Folders, make sure the Show Hidden radio button is clicked. (can't remember if you need to restart or not, I don't think so).

Navigate in Windows Explorer to your harddrive> Documents and Settings> whichever user acct. you installed BV on> Application Data, and you should see a Securom folder listed in there somewhere.

You'll also now be able to see the registry entries:  Start>Run>Regedit.  If you're not having issues, all this does is tell you it's there, lol.

I find myself using less and less CC, or at least being much more particular about it, with each new EP.  I only put half of it back in when I pulled the folder for BV installation, so I'm down to a gig or so, mostly hair, clothes, and recolors...and all my Schmoly stuff.

Can't wait to see my hoods where CC was the norm - I expect a blizzard of blue and a most horrific style of decor awaits.   :shock:

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: 2007 November 10, 22:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this just paranoid hearsay, or are TSR and EA really going to have a joint site?
There's nothing about this on the official site, but if it's true, EA are more stupid than I thought they were...
Nature_Girl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: 2007 November 11, 00:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

man, i cant believe almost everyone is having trouble with SecuRom! i honestly have had 1 thing wrong with my computer...no patches or addons would fix it, the problem you say? it was lagging as slow as a grandmother crossing a road...think watching a snail...how did i fix it?? i DELETED the fucker out of rage and anxiety...but then boredom hit and i re-installed it (luckily i backed up the downloads file Cheesy) and it was like there was no CC at all!

but honestly i feel terrible that a few have problems, it amazes me why EA put that hunkashit on there...its not like you could make a copy... i know from my experience.

The thing with EA and TSR?? helz no! if their joining up with TS3 im leaving the forums foreva...take my 2034 files and leaving! especially if we have to pay...god that would kill alot of their fans! even now i feel less and less about creating stuff (let alone playing) its just too much hastle now. I personally am exited to see what TS3 would look like and how much of a jump it would take (im thinking TS1 - TS2) but its unlikely that it will be better then TS2 mabe a little more advanced but other then that i'll stick to TS2

but what really sucks is that EA isnt the leader of the pack anymore...noone is and eventually there will be this massive fight and it will be marked down 1/2 price...all fansites and paysites alike will be forced to bust or be taken down and TSC will be a distant memory...

it really sadens me to think of this...but i can feel it coming. if EA is going the way it is, this is going to happen. if EA doesnt do something now rather then later they will be losing hunders of thousands in legal fees and    losing all their fans in the BBS and the wider community and only a few hundered will be still playing the game.

hardly anymore fansites or paysites because hardly anyone will visit their site let alone download any of it. and TSR will be at the top of the pile laughing because it has suckered everyone and walking way with millions of dollars.

The Booty is Love Wink
Camy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: 2007 November 11, 00:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it does happen, all of my respect toward EA is going to drop - majorly.  TRS is a very horrible website.  Thom@$$ can't code worth crap, not to mention the layout is all scrunched up and four ads on their site.  With all those subscriptions, I'm sure they don't need fucking Google Ads.  

What they need to figure out is that you can't just upload a custom content that is filled with pink pattern that blinds everyone made in MSPaint.  It's about quality, not about quantity.  They need to get that in their greedy thick skulls.

I'm not going to buy TS3 if it has SecuRom.  I'd rather download the crack than have it bork up my computer.  My father would get on their asses about it too since he built it.
Charlotte
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: 2007 November 11, 00:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Nature_Girl"
...its not like you could make a copy...

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean, do you mean make a copy of Bon Voyage?  There are many copies of Bon Voyage with it's crack, I found heaps of them when I went on a search to find TSS.

I don't think it will happen but, if they do join and make a pay website, it's not going to change whether I play the game or not.  Since Sims 1 came out, all my games were bought until the Securom drama - the last SP, TSS, I ended up pirating, EA doesn't get anymore of my money after screwing up my DVD writer. :evil:

Nature_Girl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: 2007 November 11, 01:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i kindof ment....well ive tried making a copy of seasons and it didnt work  :oops: i kindof forgot the fact that the interwebs has many cracked copies :roll: sorry for the confusion

The Booty is Love Wink
Charlotte
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: 2007 November 11, 01:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's okay Smiley  I'd go into a bit more detail about it, but I guess I shouldn't :lol:

Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: 2007 November 11, 02:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, so it is paranoid hearsay. Some comments made it sound as if it was definitely in the works.
Surely EA knows enough people hate tsr not to ever do it. Mind you, they already have done interviews on the official site with featured artists. If it does happen though, quality of both CC and Maxis content is going to go down the shitter what with the likes of Atwat involved.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: