PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 02:06:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.  (Read 80804 times)
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.
« Reply #75 on: 2007 September 08, 18:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Snarky - if I wasn't married and you didn't have a boyfriend....Oooh La La big boy
 Cheesy

Thanks, Inge.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007 September 08, 18:07:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "armywife"

EDIT:  Capn J - feeEssen caused a big scene because she was posting cc on her site that belonged to other creators with no credit.  Several creators, including Katy and Smitty, had helped her with several mods of cc that she posted and never acknowledged any of the work they put into it.  She also used custom meshes that she got from SMB and claimed as her own.

If I had not seen it personally at the time it occurred, I wouldn't repeat the above info.  She then went and deleted, without any notification, all of her items on SMB and acted like an utter child.

Thanks ArmyWife! Smiley

Hmm...interesting.

Well I must say, SMB is actually too dramalicious for me  :roll: Looks like a right kafuffle..

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007 September 08, 18:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got tired of the "oh you're great" - "oh, you're my fav"  "ohhhhh beautiful"

I mean I like syrup with pancakes, not websites.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
silver
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2007 September 08, 19:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right now, the only thing I'm getting whenever I try to access anything SMB-related is a 404 page.

And the more I'm reading about the headaches on this board, the more I'm still hoping that Katy would reconsider and move her creations elsewhere. Just walk away from it all and start somewhere else. I guess that's easier said than done, though. She invested a lot of time and energy into that board. It was easier for me when I walked away from a board in chaos ... there were only 50 people on it. But there might be something about joining a community where people respect her as a free creator, like Nouk's site. If Katy indeed refuses to consider any other options, then I'm not sure just how SMB is going to survive at all.

But in the end, that's her decision, I guess.
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2007 September 08, 20:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I'm thinking that a lot of them must be relatives of Jan/Charlotte/etc
I think it's sad about Katy tho, I really liked her stuff.

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2007 September 08, 21:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

pc-sims has been blocked by robots by the site owner

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.pc-sims.com/
ShanOw
« Reply #81 on: 2007 September 09, 06:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was able to get all of this information because I was a top-member and four times featured artist on SMB. I recieved it all through e-mail from the site owners.

I actually really liked SMB and disagree with many of the comments here. for the record, the site wasn't that bad. What is wrong with kindness and encouragement???  The site was not just a site for great CC. It was a site where people could share there stories and experience.

and whats this about SMB being so nutty. They were doing nothing but protecting there site from people who were causing them trouble. The whole idea of the rebel list was to warn the community of the "bad" people.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007 September 09, 06:52:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think what throws some people is the wording of the post. Words like "rebels" and "mutiny" can be charged with negative and often hateful associations for people, that's all. When things escalate like that, when they spiral out of control, it's hard to believe and a person's normal reaction is be taken aback, shake their heads and say, "man, that's flipping nuts!" Then again, we all react differently. I wasn't around when this all happened, so for me it is history. History for those who are reading about it for the first time, can often inspire that kind of reaction. I was the same when I read about what was done during the French Revolution. Also, we all like to think that we would not react the same way if put into the same situation so it can be a way of distancing one's self from it. I hope to God I'm never put in the middle of something like that, but things all around us change daily and we never know where we are going to be from one hour to the next...
It can be hard to deal with when everything is sweetness and light, too. Some folks are more conservative when it comes to doling out the praise and encouragement, and at times maybe they thought that some of it was over done. Life as a general rule is hard and full of struggle and strife, from the day we are born. It's what makes us evolve and grow. At times, it is like we try to encase people in candy floss (cotton candy) and keep them from seeing flaws and mistakes or from being hurt that we don't like their work. I don't critisize free stuff because the makers really try to make something terrific because they love the game and want to share their vision of what is nice. Paysiters, on the other hand, just have visions of bucks in their heads and many of them make what is pure spun shit.
I have no doubt that mistakes were made, feelings were hurt and tears were spilled during that time. I have no doubt that it's still going to happen. All I can do is be there when someone needs to laugh or an encouraging word. I'll either do it at the top of my voice, or in a whisper depending on how it needs to be delivered. But I'm not going to spin them a candy dream because I refuse to allow fantasy become a way of life for anyone. And no, I'm not saying that Katy was living a fantasy, but I am saying that I can't pretend that I live in a gingerbread house and I say nothing but sweet and soothing words. Plenty of people here would tell you that some of what I say is pretty acid, but not always. I'm just saying how I see it. You can do one of two things. Believe that I'm being sincere, or think that I'm blowing hot air up your ass. Your choice.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2007 September 09, 07:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ShanOw"
I was able to get all of this information because I was a top-member and four times featured artist on SMB. I recieved it all through e-mail from the site owners.

and whats this about SMB being so nutty. They were doing nothing but protecting there site from people who were causing them trouble. The whole idea of the rebel list was to warn the community of the "bad" people.

I've never been to the board so I can't comment on it but the whole rebels list thing plus this which was on the circumstances pages (my bolding):

"If you would like to know the backers of those who made us
problems you can inquiry a blacklist on the emailaddress below.
We would be glad, if you would remove this trouble makers
from your own (Sims 2) website
, because they are a
danger for every community on which they reside on.
We would recommend, that you take from time to time an
update from the actual rebel list. All griefers, spys and trolls are listed
there and we would provide you hi-tech applets to ban them forever.

Further we would encourage you to provide us judicial assistance
to punish those by court process who destructed a big part of SMB.

Leaves a bit of a bad taste.

I find it utterly unfair to advocate banning someone for something they did on another site (warning people about them I'm meh about) but someone should only be banned from a board due to their actions on that board. If not we're just on a slippery slope towards the thought police.
ShanOw
« Reply #84 on: 2007 September 09, 08:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can do one of two things. Believe that I'm being sincere, or think that I'm blowing hot air up your ass. Your choice.

WOW!!  that did sound pretty sincere!!  from a pirate, im impressed. In essencials, you are right and I am beggining to see where you are all coming from.

BUT, that doesn't mean that I agree.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2007 September 09, 10:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Paden"
History for those who are reading about it for the first time, can often inspire that kind of reaction. I was the same when I read about what was done during the French Revolution.

I research rebels, mutinies, and revolutions rather regularly. Seeing those terms applied seriously to some web kerfuffle over pixelated dollies makes me utterly discount anything the person using them has to say. (This may not always be fair, but we all have our buttons.) People died en masse during the French Revolution; an entire society was turned on its head; it changed Europe, and the world, irrevocably. It's normally held to be the beginning of the 19th century. It was deeply important -- web drama isn't.

Mutiny against whom? You had a captain whom everyone was supposed to obey unquestioningly unless that captain seriously transgressed his or her duty? Rebellion against what? Oy, the humanity!

Trying to blacklist people also leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. It only furthers the drama.

In conclusion: those people all need more rum and sensual pirate massages.

AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007 September 09, 11:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ShanOw"
I actually really liked SMB and disagree with many of the comments here. for the record, the site wasn't that bad. What is wrong with kindness and encouragement???  The site was not just a site for great CC. It was a site where people could share there stories and experience.

First, you are entitled to your opinion, as we are to ours.  I don't think the site was bad, and I don't think it is wrong to give encouragement or praise, but to have this be a requirement to achieve certain types of membership privileges/badges causes it to be a requirement to compliment, not a genuine reaction.

I agree that it was a great site to make friends and get to know people, I at one time had a membership that had some ranking as well.  I liked many of the people that posted and were members to include Jan, Katy, and Hope.  However, RL does not allow someone to givei 3-4 hours a day just to mod for free at a board.  Rebels does not quite describe what occured either.  How about trolls?  But, extreme drama words like mutiny, etc. cause those who did not participate or have no knowledge of the inner workings of the site to observe that the drama was out of hand.

Neriana - I agree  Cheesy

Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: 2007 September 09, 13:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's why I categorize this whole thing as insane:

1. The claim of needing $4000 and extreme moderation hours - both are outrageous, considering the size and expectation of SMB.

2. The clear 'taking my toys and going home' messages - sorry, those are six-year-old actions.

3. The list provided here that names names and their crimes - good lord, who the fuck CARES? That you listed people that most of us have never heard of and the drama-queen indictments shows insanity.

4. Any time a forum is overrun with Thanksthisisgreat!!111 posts, sticky-sweet commentary, and expectations of BBFs, you can smell the impending implosion. It's worse than the Southern belle who says the words "well bless your heart" and means "eat shit and die" - it leads to hate, backbiting, rancor, and the so-called rebellion.

Frankly, if the creators or even the owner of SMB wanted to stay open, they'd have found free venues and a way to work together. In my mind, this is the product of too much simultaneous ass-kissing and back-biting. Better yet, they'd make it a closed forum, for downloads only and be happy with it.

Insane.

Sorry, ShanOw, but I think that if you want sympathy, show us the earnest, looking for a real solution, creating for the love of the game not the love of adoration SMB person.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2007 September 09, 17:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Hec - bless your heart, nice post  :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist.  It's  that southern belle in me that sneaks out in and has her wicked way. However, it cracked me up what you wrote, so true.   :lol:

HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2007 September 09, 18:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
Here's why I categorize this whole thing as insane:

1. The claim of needing $4000 and extreme moderation hours - both are outrageous, considering the size and expectation of SMB.

2. The clear 'taking my toys and going home' messages - sorry, those are six-year-old actions.

3. The list provided here that names names and their crimes - good lord, who the fuck CARES? That you listed people that most of us have never heard of and the drama-queen indictments shows insanity.

4. Any time a forum is overrun with Thanksthisisgreat!!111 posts, sticky-sweet commentary, and expectations of BBFs, you can smell the impending implosion. It's worse than the Southern belle who says the words "well bless your heart" and means "eat shit and die" - it leads to hate, backbiting, rancor, and the so-called rebellion.

Frankly, if the creators or even the owner of SMB wanted to stay open, they'd have found free venues and a way to work together. In my mind, this is the product of too much simultaneous ass-kissing and back-biting. Better yet, they'd make it a closed forum, for downloads only and be happy with it.

Insane.

Sorry, ShanOw, but I think that if you want sympathy, show us the earnest, looking for a real solution, creating for the love of the game not the love of adoration SMB person.

You nailed it right on the head Hec. I loved SMB. I'd donate 4 hours a day to help them out, I sit here with my grandbabies all day. So what else I got to do? I just realized I have such a boring life, can I cause some drama? lol Well except for when I want to travel, have to go to Yellowstone every year, or go camping for the weekend I have to have breaks too.

A lot of the drama could have been prevented with this is our board, these are our rules, you don't like it? Bye-bye. They try too hard to appease everyone and that never works, not in RL, and never on the internet. When that drama first started instead of changing the rules to make the few happy, which made more people unhappy, they should have nipped it then and there. Instead there was this new rule to make that person happy, then another new rule, etc...etc. When they started making threads acting like cracked out space monkey's they should have banned them and said don't come back. It's our board, not yours.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: