PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 07:11:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Simbella: Vive la Revolution...or something like that
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Simbella: Vive la Revolution...or something like that  (Read 40875 times)
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Simbella: Vive la Revolution...or something like that
« Reply #90 on: 2007 May 06, 15:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HideTheRum"
This account has been banned until 06-05-2100

Look on the bright side - you'll be allowed back in time to discuss The Sims 19

Our lil friend must be stopped.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007 May 06, 15:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"

And..noted about my post. Too bad...it's pretty sad that just because I wasn't known, my opinion didn't count.

Basically, if you're a new poster with only 5-100 posts and you post something that goes against the general consensus (read: Bella's views) you're considered a troll and they will either ignore you or ban you.

I wasn't a troll since I've been there a long time, I've helped people with computer problems, WCIFs etc. That's why they could not ignore me, because they had seen my posts and knew I was not there just to get the goods and to troll around.

It's funny, though, they were all like, "Why are you trying to rock the boat? Don't you know better?" Rather sad, really.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Maz
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007 May 06, 16:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "alia"

Basically, if you're a new poster with only 5-100 posts and you post something that goes against the general consensus (read: Bella's views) you're considered a troll and they will either ignore you or ban you.

That's another thing I really hate.
Just because someone write alot doesn't mean they are smart or should be listened too. It encourages a type of behaviour where the people who yell the highest is listened too.
And newcomers is treated like inferiors just because they are new.
Grrrr!
Bliss
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007 May 06, 16:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhm. Did anyone point out the thread where Lynn, one of the adminstrators, left because of "Those people" ?  She wasn't enjoying the game, and since she'd been a mod for a few years, it was bound to happen that she'd get worn out on it, but "we all know what the last drop" was.
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007 May 06, 17:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
But then, there is I believe a difference between someone who never got out of that mode of perfect woman, lovely "mummy".  Many of these women just believe that they need to present a perfect idealised image to the world - and that's what they do.  They're not comfortable in their own skins, and so they project an image of the quintessential mummy.

They're so busy with their bullshit, and lying to themselves about how everything is easy, and their lives are a fairytale, that they need to prove to everyone else how wonderful it is.

That's so true, and I've seen it in real life too.  I truly can understand people not sharing their private lives with people they barely know.  However, there are so many out there who try to be perfect and act like it and who act like their husband, children and lives are perfect too.  The truth is, nobody's perfect and there's no such thing as a perfect life.  All we can really do is be the best people we can be and make our lives the best we want it to be.  But, they don't seem to realize that for some reason.

The sad thing is, by playing their "perfect woman" roles, they usually end up acting in ways that may be contrary to their true natures.  It's like they forget who they are, and it's like they lose themselves.  I wonder if that's why some of the people at Simbella's act the way they do because they're letting out feelings about themselves and their lives that are frustrating to them but they don't know why.  The reason is that they probably don't realize that their subconscious may be trying to tell them something.

I don't think I worded it right - sometimes I have a hard time saying what I mean.

Quote from: "Quorneater"
Maybe they need to see a shrink about having a hysterical paroxism (see I learnt something new)

Then again, maybe that's all those women (and Phillip) at Simbella's really need. :lol: :lol:

I busted out laughing when I saw that post, and I never knew what a hysterical paroxism was until I came here. :lol:
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: 2007 May 07, 04:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sort of thing was just waiting to happen there, and if they think by editing, deleting, and banning they are going to keep this situation from arising with even more vigar in the future they are sadly mistaken.

I can't believe it was my files started this inevitable avalanche, and the fact that I basically said, share them anyway you choose, meaning they didn't even have to link the the SFV to get the damn things!  They could just share the them amoungst themselves, in contrived email distribution fashion, like they do.  Their own Mod, who now mysteriously decided to leave of her own will allowed them to distribute the files.  It wasn't until Bella started her mad deleting of any evidence of my creations and her little banning act that started people asking questions and revolting.

God forbid our members see that someone doesn't give a damn who has their files or how they are shared!  Oh nos!  We can't allow that madness! What will our members who we make preform tricks to get ours think?!

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
OneEyedWillie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2007 May 07, 12:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok I was thinking about this a bit (I'm pathetic I know Tongue) but if they don't want this site 'advertised' as they say, then why don't they set up a filter like s2c?  NOOOOO cause that means umm logic and no reporting either to see who your little loyal drones are.   Also if it's against the forum's rule to advertise, then what's up with the WCIF thread?  Isn't that a form of advertising right there?  Or if someone asked in a PM where they got something from and they answer, isn't that advertising too?  sorry had to get this out before I bash my head against the desk to get these thoughts out of my head.....I don't know why I wasted precious energy on this  :roll:

Sloth: [Sloth rips off his shirt revealing a T-Shirt with the Superman 'S' on the front] Sloth!
Jake Fratelli: We're in deep shit now, Francis.
Francis Fratelli: Oh, shit!
Lourdes
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2007 May 07, 13:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I go there for the updates and WCIF. I don't chit chat its too cliquish and happy happy joy joy. Not to mention they remind me alot of Liquid Stars from the sims 1 days.
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: 2007 May 07, 13:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "OneEyedWillie"
Also if it's against the forum's rule to advertise, then what's up with the WCIF thread?  Isn't that a form of advertising right there?  Or if someone asked in a PM where they got something from and they answer, isn't that advertising too?   :roll:

You're expecting logical behavior from a lobotomized hivemind site. Stop that, you'll get a rash.

I would be highly annoyed if I was a forum member, was asked where I got something, answered honestly, and was banned for doing so. What I'm seeing is that someone asked someone else WCIF "item" and so someone else responded truthfully that she'd snagged it from SFV, and then a third someone turned someone else in for answering her question via a private message.

That should have been the end of it. It was a PM. Instead, some weenie (either a third someone or a third someone's crony) tattled, and someone else got banninated.

That's lame on so many different levels that my brain struggles to grasp it (hence the lack of effort to remember what screennames did what to who, as demonstrated in the above paragraphs, because I don't care enough to remember them). I don't speak Lamer, their ways are always foreign and confusing to me.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
LDE
Landlubber

disillusioned miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2007 May 07, 14:07:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have to comment on a few things here
1, simbella is a complete twatwaffle,sans syrup. this is a lower version of TSR with the ass-licking going on there. living in fear of a ban is no way to encurage new members to your forum or to keep those who are fairly new to the site. the post count/seriousness thing is over the top and someone needs to take a big shoehorn and pry that womans head out of her ass before she suffocates..get the other members out of there too, for hygine reasons.
2, as someone who ran a message board populated by women and only women (mommashome.net, now defunct and deleted) i can attest to the childish behavior of women over the age of 18..heck over the age of 30! our most mature member was a 16 yr old single mom for gods sakes. you put a bunch of 'mummy's' in a pack and all rationality goes out the window.
 the realiy is that a woman,trapped in a house with small children and littel to no adult conversation will in fact go insane (yes i speak from experience)and the 'net IS a really great way to have some social time when your time isn't your own. that being said i think some of these super-moms need to get off thier high hourses and face facts....no matter who you pretend to be online, at the end of the day, you are just the same old boring you

where the hell is that rant off switch *finds it* ahh yes
/RANT OFF
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: 2007 May 07, 14:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Granuaile"
I meant, I think they're lonely. And instead of communicating with their spouses, they shrill and trill and out-crazy one another.

And the funny thing is, they probably don't see themselves that way.

Is it just me, or do adult married women act worse that the kids sometimes in the Sims community?  It's just something I've noticed over the years while lurking on different fora.

ETA quote.

It's not just you. And it is not just the Sims community. Try some of those book groups...for instance, I love Nora Roberts books, but I had the temerity to ask her why there are hardly ever any characters of color in her books. Result? Banned. And accused of "insulting Nora." Thank goodness I was banned.  I threw up a little in my mouth whenever I went there, because of the fawning.

Still watching you guys
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2007 May 07, 16:32:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a rant that I have been itching to put down for a couple of days so now it can't be helped anymore.

[SKIP NEXT BIT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO HEAR MY STORY]

SimBella, LyricLee and those like them, I have been those women, ok? With the whole dramatic scenes, kicking people from chat, ass-kissing and all but cybering in public. For a couple of years - that was me online. I am not proud of it yet I make no excuses and I see no reason in hiding it. It won't make a lick of difference as to who I am today and if it makes a difference in how people perceive me, then so be it. I grew weary of pretending a long time ago.

I have no children, so that excuse has been invalid for me, but I recognise some of it. When I behaved that badly I was a teen, probably 16-18ish and I was being abused in my home to an extend that my psychological skin was so burned that if somebody even made as if to touch it I would flinch and cry. (yea yea, boo-friggin-hoo)

Anyhoo, entering an online community where I could be everything I wanted to be was a buzz. Gaining prestige and becoming the popular girl was a buzz. Having people always patting my back (or kissing my ass, whatever) and giving me the acceptance that I didn't get anywhere else, was a buzz. And ultimately, I rose to the levels where I thought I was better than most ordinary mortals and totally abusing my Super Admin status to smite those who did not act how I liked them to act... which, of course, was a buzz.

One day I realised it wasn't who I wanted to be, online or offline. I think I was out of the house by then. I came down to earth, dumped that community and for a long while didn't go to another one at all. I started working on myself as a real life person, as I was prone to drama there too. My last relationship had failed because of my inability to live without the drama rush and for two years I stayed single, just trying to learn to find my status quo and "calm down".

To some extend I succeeded. I can still get emo over things in my real life, especially when I am very stressed out, but I do not come in here feeling superior and starting fights. I do not come here for a pat on the back either, as I really don't need that kind of validation from anyone that don't even know the real me. I come here because I think this board is loaded with interesting people (even those I don't seem to get along with) and interesting topics.

[END OF HALLMARK STORY]

My point? It saddens and sickens me that grown women are still carrying on like I did when I was a teen. In a way I feel sad for them because they must have their reasons, but if a mere slip of an 18-year old girl can stop and better herself, then what is their excuse? Do they really think that what they have is real? That they are Goddesses to be worshipped? The thing that really gets me is that these women have children. What better reason to better one self than for your child? I know I would do my darndest. But, unfortunately, I also know that if I still had to live under my past circumstances my darndest would not be enough... And again, I feel sorry for them if they have such a bad life...

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: 2007 May 07, 17:20:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, they are more to be pitied than censured. What is sad, though, is that those are kinds of people you find in forums (the especially active posters) too frequently for it ever to change.

That is why THIS forum is a breath of fresh air. (And the only non-crazy forum left in the sims community or elsewhere. ) You people are all I have left.  :cry:

Still watching you guys
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2007 May 07, 23:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "LDE"
i have to comment on a few things here
1, simbella is a complete twatwaffle,sans syrup.

Twatwaffle.  :lol:
That really made me giggle.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2007 May 08, 04:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm speechless   :shock:

Posted by Philip blue owl on: May, 8 2007 0:03 AM
On the topic of censorship, and for Moune and others:

I apologize in advance that this is going to be long, but I want to explore the issues you raised thoroughly.

Even in places which recognize free speech as a right, there are limits: Libel in the case of a free press, yelling "fire" in a crowded place, inciting to riot, etc. Some people take their freedom and license and think they are providing a public service by broadcasting any opinion that comes to them, even when it is out of place in a particular topic. Others feel their personal feelings entitle them to discuss causing others bodily harm by wishing they were stabbed. That's certainly not what I would call welcoming atmosphere.

In this case, the thoughts are not being censored, but the mention of a place that causes hurt to members of this forum -- not just crew. Some people for whom English is not their native language may have trouble being understood in an accurate expression of their thoughts, but I am not aware that anyone here takes them to task for it.

There are some words that are considered hurtful to other people: certain terms for ethnicities, words for people with physical and mental disabilities.

For some people, it can be a reminder of a place. Mel Brooks would not ride in any car from Germany. I watched the documentary "Paragraph 175" recently about the 10 known gay survivors of the Holocaust -- one of them has not knowingly even shaken hands with anyone of German descent since the 1940s.

Am I saying that "that place" rises to that level? Of course not -- that would be hyperbole and there's been enough of that. Those are merely examples of how the name of a place can cause pain to people.

Should it? I don't know, but that's beside the point -- it does. Why should this forum support, even by mention, the name of a site when that name causes pain?

So, just as the forum does not allow abusive words that some people use to define people, why should it allow the name of a place that many find objectionable and is proscribed by the TOS?

Sure, as an adult, you have the choice to use whatever language you like and you don't need other people telling you not to use a variety of hateful words. I have the feeling you wouldn't use those words -- I know I don't.

I must also say that I think that you are right... a serious question was raised originally that got drowned out by the voices of people who apparently only wanted to cause problems.

Bella responded, but questions remained -- the serious questions also got lost in what followed. Most of those were already addressed as far as I could tell, but people often miss what is in front of them.

And, yes, I was also trying to say that I think ratting is disgusting, because it does nothing but destroy the warm and kind atmosphere that we should be protecting and nurturing in this forum.

There has been quite a discussion about this in the US because a "code of ethics" has emerged of NOT reporting to the authorities, largely for two reasons: mistrust of authority and fear of reprisal from those reported.

It came out of an interview that rapper Cam'ron gave to Anderson Cooper on the news-magazine "60 Minutes." He said that he would never cooperate with police, even if he knew a serial killer lived next door. Cam'ron added that he would just move.

Personally, I'm surprised that a journalist would hold such an opinion because many news stories have come to light only because of "whistle blowers." But, I also see in today's culture that both the "whistle blowers" and journalists are not held in the esteem they once were.

People even write to newspapers objecting to the information they print -- as I saw in an interview with the editor of the "Washington Post" whose readers objected to their "Truth Squad" which looked at Presidential speeches and reported on both lies and inaccuracies that they contained. The "Truth Squad" was largely dismantled.

Those who have reported here on these activities have not been rewarded in any way to my knowledge, they have merely seen a situation they thought was against the TOS and reported it because they were concerned.

The same thing has happened with some threads of discussion that have popped up, or objectionable language. Crew cannot be everywhere at once and since, of course, we cannot read PMs. These things have been very helpful to try to maintain the atmosphere we strive for here, they have shown that members are active in helping with that, as well.

I know that I have only seen posts from some members and past members that I can only describe as "troubling" and not "helpful" as some have described. I'm sure that some people have only experienced my posts under "troubling" circumstances and ony judge me by those. I cannot help that.

When I feel that I am being attacked, or that a place I love is being attacked, I react. Not always well, not always lovingly, not always with the best judgment, but I am a work in progress.

I'm not saying that your post was "attacking" in any way, just to lead to saying that I am truly sorry if my posts have caused pain for people whose intentions were not those of the attackers.

Anyone who reads this may believe that or not. It is your right. If you will not believe what I believe to be true, I cannot help that.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: