PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 09:25:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Peggy...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Peggy...  (Read 12426 times)
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
Peggy...
« Reply #30 on: 2007 April 11, 16:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Helena"
look. here's the code, that Peggy uses as title of her page.
Code:
<TITLEPeggySims2-|Free Sims2 Download|Free Sims2 Objects Download|Free Sims2 Skins Download|Free Sims2 house Download |Free Sims2 Object Download|Free Sims2 skin Download|Free Sims2 clothes earring necklace accessory accessories Download|</TITLE>

that's why google puts her site to the top. if we put the same title - I'm sure, that we will be next to her very soon.

How do we do this?

And if you type in peggysims2.net it's the second one, not the first. *laughs* It's why if you forget to type "www." into your browser it doesn't come up with peggysims2.

Man, I love googlebombing. Cool  :lol:

EDIT: I love how if you type in "peggy pirate(s)" into google the first thing that comes up is "Peggy was a little pirate"...
Er, no, she isn't.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Helena
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Peggy...
« Reply #31 on: 2007 April 11, 17:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well I am not sure how to put this in the booty.. Because the booty list is not actually a html page, it's just the content of everything, that is in the ftp directory.
There is a way though.
Look. If you open peggy's folder of booty and do "save page as", it will be saved to your pc as a html document. now we can open it in notepad or wordpad and replace this

Code:
<title>Index of /booty/peggy/</title>

to the one I mentioned above. Then rename the file into index.html and upload it to peggy directory. So when you go there - you will see this file, looking the same, as when we saved it. all the links should work and so on. except for the title, that would be different.
There is only one "but". You see there are the dates, when the subfolders were last updated. The dates would remain the same as when we created this page.
I'm not sure, that there are no other ways.
There is also a possibility to insert some words in the forum using <description> tag. But I don't remember which file should be edited for that... May be index.php, may be not ... This is even better, because you can insert all the paysites names in it and noone will be able to see it, only search engines.

btw, if you google "peggy booty" we are the first ones ^.^

Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Peggy...
« Reply #32 on: 2007 April 11, 18:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, if someone knows enough to search "booty" then they have probably already found it Tongue  The point is to come up on normal search results.  So the innocents can stumble on it.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
Peggy...
« Reply #33 on: 2007 April 12, 07:33:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Doursim"
well, if someone knows enough to search "booty" then they have probably already found it Tongue  The point is to come up on normal search results.  So the innocents can stumble on it.

If you google 'RaonSims' then there's a link to a booty, its one of the firsts that come up Cheesy Huzzah!

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
Peggy...
« Reply #34 on: 2007 April 12, 10:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a search last night for peggys, and I noticed 2 sites came up, one is peggysims2 .net and the other is .com they shown up right next to  other on the top of the search engine. Now I've been trying to find that again, but I cant remember they keywords I used or if it was google or yahoo.

The .com site doesn't seem to be peggys, I'm not sure if she registered that herself or if someone else nabbed it  :twisted: (anyone know?)

it's amazing the lengths that some sites go to buying up all the domain names like TSR who has got quite a few bought up. I have thesimsresource.info which, when I have time, I will either use as an information source for TSR  :twisted: or loan it to anyone who needs it for the same purpose. At the moment I have it linked directly to the booty,  but I will have to add some meta tags to an index page that will link there soon .

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Not Paper
Landlubber

View Profile
Peggy...
« Reply #35 on: 2007 April 12, 12:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember the last time people here tried using abandoned forums for googlebombing, it ended up moving the "bombed" sites lower in the rankings rather than higher.
At the time, it was suggested that we just casually link them in conversation, Wikipedia-style.

For instance:
"Oh, well, it looks like Carla Niven is using yet another Peggy Sims 2 hairstyle in her screenshots again. I suppose the gaps Peggy is always leaving in her hair is befitting the 'clothes' on Cardrew's site."

Just an example, though. I'm not sure what would be a better one, but I suppose you all get the picture.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
Peggy...
« Reply #36 on: 2007 April 12, 13:59:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried the raonsims and we come up 5th! Brilliant!

But I think Peggy MUST have bought the first space, because there's so many people with sites about someone calledPeggy.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
Peggy...
« Reply #37 on: 2007 April 12, 14:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its a defiant triumph with RaonSims then...shall we get the rum out now?

Yeah you probably right Tchân, so is there much point in googlebombing Peggy?! Damn shame if there isnt, TheSimsResource and Peggy must be destroyed  :evil:

...ah this is fun  :twisted: mwah ha ha ha..

chlyn
ARR!

View Profile
Peggy...
« Reply #38 on: 2007 April 12, 14:45:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Tchân de Bouley"
But I think Peggy MUST have bought the first space, because there's so many people with sites about someone calledPeggy.

It looks like she also paid for special sublistings. The first listing for her site has a little index underneath: "Free Download, Member Gift, Special Gift..."
Raonsims booty comes up second!

'm telling you, boys, I've been across the world
I want an elegant intelligent Boston girl
- Chris Trapper
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
Peggy...
« Reply #39 on: 2007 April 12, 14:45:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, TSR will always be our main destructive objection. I don't think we should stop googlebombing Peggy though because as long as we are on the same page as Peggy, things are fine and dandy! People will just scroll down and see us.

But yes, DEFINITE achievement on the raonsims front.

And capn, you keep forgetting to put "/booty" in your links. Wink No point googlebombing to an address that doesn't exist! ^^

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
Peggy...
« Reply #40 on: 2007 April 12, 14:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Tchân de Bouley"

And capn, you keep forgetting to put "/booty" in your links. Wink No point googlebombing to an address that doesn't exist! ^^

:shock: Dagnabbit!!

Many thanks, I shall go and fix those

chlyn
ARR!

View Profile
Peggy...
« Reply #41 on: 2007 April 12, 15:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the only reason raonsims booty shows up second is a fluke. "raonsims" is an unusual word.

Not sure if forum bombing has any effect...as somebody said, they found it just moves the bombed site DOWN instead of UP.

'm telling you, boys, I've been across the world
I want an elegant intelligent Boston girl
- Chris Trapper
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
Peggy...
« Reply #42 on: 2007 April 12, 15:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only if bombed too much.
And yeah, you're right. "Peggy " is a much more common word, and so is less likely to bomb well. But Raonis a weird word, so it would come up with only the few mentions.

Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
Peggy...
« Reply #43 on: 2007 April 12, 16:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's an, for being me with no sleep for 24 hours, unusually bright idea: couldn't an admin *coughPescadocough* via the word censor function make it so that every time someone on here types "Peggy" it automatically becomes Peggy (apply to any other site that gets a lot of mention, TSR anyone?)

I don't know if this is feasible, but I think so  :?

Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Peggy...
« Reply #44 on: 2007 April 12, 19:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tried it in my forum.  Now anyone who typed raon will get a link to the booty.  I use SMF, but I doubt it will make a difference

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: