PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 23:07:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  OFFICIAL THANK YOU THREAD
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFFICIAL THANK YOU THREAD  (Read 97952 times)
Fainiel
ARR!

View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL THANK YOU THREAD
« Reply #195 on: 2007 July 29, 17:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for doing something about an issue which has pissed me off since the Sim 1 days and for helping my downloads folder grow to an unnatural size!
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: 2007 July 30, 20:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "tngrspacecadet"

and what did you do with fluffy?

While destroying paysites he broke his paw. He's been put in the kennels for a while. Plus Rosario is sexier.

:roll: I forgot I ever posted in this thread.

leilatigress
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2007 July 30, 21:23:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to thank Nouk for all the awesome hairs, the petition, and just being Nouk!
I would like to thank Hebcusus for not killing me with her axe on a daily basis and her & Gwen's hard work to this site and the luscious booty!
Red Love for the amazingly sexy Avatar
Paden for her heart felt prayer to the crazy lady and for making me laugh when I needed it most
Pescado for being a complete jack ass and pissing off all the paysites
Calalily for scarring the shit outta me when I first saw her avatar
Red Duckie for having an avatar with my vibrator on it. (what you don't have a rubber duckie vibrator?)

Okay it's getting too long here... Thank you all for doing what you do to make TSR cry and make the rest of the paysites tremble or at least laugh.

f you have nothing witty to say it is better to be silent
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
TheCuddlyOne
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2007 August 06, 00:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to thank everyone who had something to do with this site.  I don't know all of your names but you know who you are.

I think what you're doing is great work and even though I've been back and forth with the 'Two wrongs don't make a right' ideal, after reading your mission statement and the reasons behind the madness, I have come to realize that EA hasn't done anything about it (and probably won't) so it's up to us, The Community, to take matters into our own hands because we won't put up with this shit anymore.

I wholeheartedly agree with all of your points because I too have suffered.  Although I have never actually paid for any CC or made a subscription on a paysite I have wanted to (pined away actually) for the longest while, especially when I saw Peggy's creations, but at the time, Paypal did not support my country so I had to do without, and was forced to drool all over my keyboard at content I could never have.

Thank God for that.

Now I know better and I want to thank you all for opening my eyes, educating me and saving my money (since Paypal does accept my country now [about time]).
Office Rules
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2007 August 06, 03:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you thank you thank you! Cheesy I have hated paysites ever since Sims 1....and I never once believed these people weren't making a profit from their sites.I think we pay enough to simply buy the games themselves....being forced to pay for custom content is ridiculous and unfair........and good on you,PMBD,for making all these files available to everyone.I hope this site is around for a long,long time.
Blueblood
Landlubber

Now with 100% moar Steampunk.

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: 2007 August 11, 05:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you all for this site! <3 Now I don't have to feel (overly) bad about being poor.
MeshHunter
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2007 August 19, 20:02:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is incredible, I stumbed upon this site yesterday. I stayed up til 2 in the morning downloading all those darn meshes I could never have before... just awesome.

In my long history of playing the sims with custom content, I have had an uncountable amount of nightmares of trying to get free content and recolors, but finding more and more are now linked to pay meshes.

So, this is the mesh hunter saying thank you much and let me know if I can help out the site in any way. I work in R&D at a sofware company and play the Sims 2 in my free time--if I am not busy finding content and downloading it from modthesims2.com etc. I promise to not pay for TSR anymore unless it's to help the cause!

Dawn
Sarafina
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2007 September 02, 08:31:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I'm an ex-donator to several pay sites, but no more.  I never subbed to the evil empire that is TSR, thank god, but my friend did, and I'm glad I've shown her the light as well.

Funny, now that I know about the booty, I really don't want anything from it.  There are so many good, free creators out there (NOUK!!!) that I don't even want the pay stuff anymore, no matter how nice it is.

All I must say, is thank god I followed a link from the great paysite debate thread on s2c, because I'm glad to find others are ready to stand up for what is right and fair when EA just sits on their thumbs, probably taking bets on the paysite war.
tgriffy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2007 September 02, 08:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sarafina, I think I know how you feel.  I've only paid for a few things here and there for The Sims 2.  There were some things I just drooled over, but couldn't afford it or didn't want to pay for a subscription just to get one lousy file.  Then I discovered the booty, but at this point I haven't actually downloaded anything from it.  It just doesn't seem worth drooling over anymore.  

Or maybe my play style just changed and I simply don't need that stuff anymore.  Who knows?
GuyNamedNelson
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2007 September 05, 18:03:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the existence of this site. I once fell into the paysite trap, and never again will I return. (It was SimsConnection, by the way.)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2007 September 06, 03:55:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Sarafina"
All I must say, is thank god I followed a link from the great paysite debate thread on s2c, because I'm glad to find others are ready to stand up for what is right and fair when EA just sits on their thumbs, probably taking bets on the paysite war.

Hey, everyone loves

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2007 September 06, 04:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Especially you, dear Pes, especially you!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2007 September 19, 14:03:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paysites are greedy.

THANK YOU pirates!

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: 2007 September 21, 16:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ARGH!!! My eyes. My eyes.

Saphyriana, if you ever come back, take those damn colour tags out. This is not kindergarten. Please learn to post in a less 12 manner.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2007 September 21, 19:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with the one of the sword made of feathers! I'm not even hung over but maaaaaaaaaaaaan! That made my eyes hurt. And not going to mention my balls.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: