PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 16:54:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 587078 times)
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #1380 on: 2007 August 09, 03:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, MTS2's standards aren't like ridiculously high or anything.  Then again, back in the days when I was just getting into fanfic, I was amazed at the number of people who couldn't meet archives' standards when they generally came down to:  spell right, use mostly correct grammar, and have a coherent plot.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1381 on: 2007 August 09, 13:33:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Quinctia"
spell right, use mostly correct grammar, and have a coherent plot.

Now that's just crazy talk.   Cheesy

(sez a former teacher of English grammer and composition...)

So TSR takes yer shit but MTS2 doesn't That explains Atwat.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
leilatigress
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: 2007 August 09, 16:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My badly skinned stuff has never been accepted at MTS2.  I've never tried to get it uploaded to TSR...wait I should do that and then i bet i'd be a FA?  Then I could tell you all the secrets *runs off to upload to TSR*  LOL I kid I kid... I've actually met Thomas and he is horrid human being and I really don't want his horrid virtual hands all over my badly skinned crap.

f you have nothing witty to say it is better to be silent
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: 2007 August 10, 01:56:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "leilatigress"
.....I've actually met Thomas and he is horrid human being and I really don't want his horrid virtual hands all over my badly skinned crap.

Soooo many questions. But I'll narrow it down.

Did you notice the smell of sulfur around this time?

Was atwa lurking in the shadows all hunchbacked and drooly?

Was he reviewing drill formations with his army of Tuetonic Twats?

Is he as ugly and pinched looking in person as in his photo?

Any drugs or hookers involved?
angelyne
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: 2007 August 10, 02:59:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I don't know, sometimes i wonder about MTS2 "Quality control", when I see stuff like that make it through : http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=243529

"sexy woman soldier" in camo bikini and high heels?  WFT?  That is so wrong on so many levels....

Anyway what's up with that title"re: custom content help! Major benes! 5 star rating!  Please I'm desperate! ............. what the hell is that??
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1385 on: 2007 August 10, 03:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We're in the business of getting rid of paysites, not picking on free creators.  Unless they ask you to pay for it - leave it the fuck alone.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: 2007 August 10, 06:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "angelyne"

I was the 21st person to thank U+UrHand for their upload!
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1387 on: 2007 August 10, 06:38:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's quite cute - not my taste, but well done - and I was number 18 click of the thanks.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: 2007 August 10, 06:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was #23.  It may not be something I can use, but, I appreciate that fact that it was shared.  I don't think it's bad.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Silvercoin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: 2007 August 10, 06:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggest you post at TSR - it's totally free for you and people who download your stuff, too.

Ooh, sneaky. :lol:

size=9]Yes, Americans are the cause of all the world's problems. We talk wrong, spell wrong, pollute the earth.. Feel free to spit at us if you happen to spot us in your part of the earth. --missangelica[/size]
angelyne
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: 2007 August 10, 14:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a weird sort of logic.  If it's free no one can say anything bad about it, no matter what ? That's pretty stringent.

The reason I noticed it wasn't the work itself, it was the description.  As a bikini it's fine.  But sexy woman soldier?  That bugged me.  That's all.  Y'all can go back to your pay site bashing now.
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1391 on: 2007 August 10, 14:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

double post. Sorry.

Still watching you guys
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1392 on: 2007 August 10, 14:27:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a weird sort of logic.  If it's free no one can say anything bad about it, no matter what ? That's pretty stringent.

The reason I noticed it wasn't the work itself, it was the description.  As a bikini it's fine.  But sexy woman soldier?  That bugged me.  That's all.  Y'all can go back to your pay site bashing now.

Not weird logic at all. When someone gives you a gift, you thank them prettily and either use it or don't. You never criticize something that someone gives you freely. It's just civilized behavior.

If you are a parent or grandparent you already know this, and if you don't have children yet, you still should already know this. Why do you think so many parents have child-made ashtrays on their coffee tables when nobody smokes and all visitors have to ask "What is this?". Why do you think my refrigerator used to be covered with items made from popsicle sticks? Because my children gave them to me as gifts. Why do I have to wear the tacky Christmas Sweater Vest every Christmas? Because my menfolks gave it to me!

Why do you think re-gifting is such fun?
 :twisted:

Still watching you guys
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: 2007 August 10, 14:34:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also think it's important for PMBD to not be associated with the stupidity of some simmers. Lots of free creators get grief. Right now over at insim some moron (Janice12) is going after Kathy and their donation drive.

Some free stuff is crap, but that's not what we're about. Free creators are just that. Now when they ask for money for their crap, it's another story.
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: 2007 August 10, 22:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read it as more of a questioning of the quality control than bashing of items (although, angelyne, you might steer better clear of pirate wrath by not including links to specific items next time Wink)

I can agree that not everything is exactly top notch, but it's nice that there's a site that at least have some standards, whatever they may seem to be to some people, and the same site stays free,  and from there - it's all about encouraging budding artists that wish to learn, share and stay free, neh?

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: