PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 02:21:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 587159 times)
FightingRose
Landlubber

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #1320 on: 2007 July 31, 15:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
That was a Sim Master on the MTS2 fanday thread.

That's what it was! And here I thought I had just imagined it. Thank you for clarifying.
ratfink
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: 2007 August 01, 21:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "kaos"
That being said, I do believe that it is a shame that someone's past is used against them. Especially when they have paid for it. But by the same token, I also believe that this particular crime makes his current position as owner of a child-dominated game website inappropriate. If Delphy were a teacher at a school, regardless of the level of his crime, you and I both know we would not send our kids there. It's a simple fact. And to say you would continue to send your kids there, I believe is an untruth.

I really have to disagree with you calling The Sims 2 a child oriented game.  While I cannot find the data anymore but I seem to recall the primary sales demographic of the Sims franchise has been to over 30 women.  Furthermore having been there since pretty much the start of MTS2 (though not terribly active) it really was started as an enthusiast community of developers and hackers seeking to probe the internals of the game and ultimately allow expansion beyond the capabilities of the tools given to us.  The downloads and stuff came later.  You cannot expect someone to close down something just because it's more successful then they first planned.  

You take anyone yourself included and dig enough and you can make that person look like the worst person in the world.  Denying people credit and acceptance for their hard is simply paranoia.

Delphy,

I would like to personally thank you for all your hard work particularly in the beginning when without your work we wouldn't know half the things we do about the game.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1322 on: 2007 August 01, 22:16:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ratfink"

I really have to disagree with you calling The Sims 2 a child oriented game.  While I cannot find the data anymore but I seem to recall the primary sales demographic of the Sims franchise has been to over 30 women.  

It's also rated T for Teen. So if the parents that claim Delphy is such a bad person they can really only blame themselves. If they were so worried about their kids from the get go they wouldn't have bought a Teen game for a "kid."

My mom did not allow my brother to get the first sims game until he was exactly thirTEEN. A year after it came out. Cause that's how she rolls

Ieliminate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: 2007 August 01, 22:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New FA, in case anyone cares.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/news.php?ID=2596

It's a person from 37Sims, a site I know nothing about. Wonder if they're selling out?
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1324 on: 2007 August 01, 23:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They were a paysite anyway. It's like Pescado says better to have them all move to one place.

dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: 2007 August 01, 23:43:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, they were a paysite, but only charged for some of their stuff. As opposed to now, on TSR, where they'll charge for all of their stuff.

I don't like this conglomeration on TSR.  While it might be easier to stop pay creators in the long run, if they're on only one site, I think what we lose is a part of the diversity in the community.  I hate the thought of having only two competing "powers" (TSR/MTS2).  And I also think the larger TSR grows, the harder it will be  for EA to go after them.

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: 2007 August 02, 06:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "dietofworms"
And I also think the larger TSR grows, the harder it will be  for EA to go after them.
Mmm. Yes and no. They could afford better lawyers, but they make themselves a bigger (and more financially desirable) target.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: 2007 August 02, 08:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You probably know of this already, but Teko from Murano Mobilia has moved/is moving all his stuff to TSR. I sense a new FA in the making...  :roll:

I blame Bella.  :x

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: 2007 August 02, 11:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "alia"

I blame Bella.  :x

Why?  What's the connection?

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: 2007 August 02, 12:05:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Teko has hanged around at Simbella for years, he's Bella's "special friend".
Bella maintains on the forum that Teko is her "boytoy" and flirts constantly with him, which is to say the least weird, since she is 40ish and Teko is barely legal... and that started way before he was legal...

I'm betting Simbella is the main reason why he thinks it's OK to sell your creations. The attitude at the forum favours paysites and exclusive files so that you can show them off to others who are less fortunate and make them jealous.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: 2007 August 02, 15:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:shock:   Thanks for the explanation!

I remember a similar game being played with "exclusive" files when Cole was around.  People would buy her files, or would be given them as special gifts, and post them in the houses they built.  Then in WCIF forums, when someone would ooh and aah over the stuff, the lucky downloader could say "Sorry, the file is not available."  Then everyone else would get jealous.   meh.

--Pescado
syran
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: 2007 August 02, 16:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "alia"
so that you can show them off to others who are less fortunate and make them jealous.

Only thing is once the less fortunate get jealous most of them think i'll never get that set i wanted then 2 weeks later they've given in and subscribed to tsr
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1332 on: 2007 August 02, 16:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah, then they should come here first...lol.
TSR is the biggest rip-off in the Sims 2 world. And it was for the sims 1 as well.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: 2007 August 02, 17:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Teko was Reflex Sims main creator. He gave forum gifts to Simbella like little gifts to entice more buyers of their set. When he turned 18 last year he left Reflex and kept his Murano.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
nohead
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: 2007 August 02, 18:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "dietofworms"
I don't like this conglomeration on TSR.  While it might be easier to stop pay creators in the long run, if they're on only one site, I think what we lose is a part of the diversity in the community.

How do you think this destroying of sites business helps with the diversity?
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: