PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 07:47:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 9 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 911112 times)
emosceneskater
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #1395 on: 2008 December 01, 01:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i just hope nothing happens to the RPG section and the story section because that's like the main reasons I go to Insimenator. I'm confused so insimenator isn't going to up and running again???
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: 2008 December 01, 01:55:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is most probably illegal. Plus you're duping people who may actually stay in the empty shell, or had no chance to backup their own stuff.
Just get the site even when Walt is there. Who cares.

Inactive
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: 2008 December 01, 01:58:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i just hope nothing happens to the RPG section and the story section because that's like the main reasons I go to Insimenator.

I am rather sad about the stories and contests myself, but I'm trying not to think about them. Even if the site isn't burned, I'm pretty sure it will be a ghost town as soon as anyone can get back on it, and even if it didn't I am not going back.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: 2008 December 01, 01:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you should burn it intentionally. (I voted wrong, btw.) There's no rush to back things up, is there? Can't you wait until the 12s are back in school/at work tomorrow to grab what else you need? Let Walt keep his shell of a site.

chynna
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: 2008 December 01, 02:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I voted to burn....but, then had to think *a side effect of not being 12*.  Don't do anything that will legally get you in trouble.  Obviously, in a completely snarky voice, you are invaluable to the community.  See what the waltpocalypse does tomorrow, then back door him.  You are talented *please do not get used to this as I'm choking on it as is* and can wield a web site around him in circles, your crankiness.
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: 2008 December 01, 02:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you guys who are worried about the contests and stories been over to the Oasis to discuss it with them.  I thought a lot of that was saved but I really dont know.

http://forums.sim-oasis.com/index.php *linkies for you

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
TKPurrrrs
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: 2008 December 01, 02:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think dont burn... at lease for now. Like scrappysim seid... we dont know what will happen monday when walt comes back. Plus I dont like the idea of you doing something that might be illigal for us, its one thing to copy/take our stuff for us but to burn the site in the process... thats walking a thin line... Plus neriana has a good point... it might calm down a bit tommorrow when the 12's are at school and or work.

But I dont know much about this type of thing so I have to say ultamatly I back any decision made by our staff.

Oh and scrappysim... while they might have saved the contest and some of the storys, to be honest I dont know... I doubt they have the adult site storys and we have at lease 6-7 dececent to increadably good story writers on their plus a lot of (to many to count really) starter/newbee storytellers whos storys are on their... while some of the old timers might have most of their stuff saved in some form their is quite a few good storys that might be compleatly distoryed if their not saved since they where long ongoing first time storyes that where writen by very talented people... They might or might not have thought to have a back up copy so... *sigh*

I would feel increadably bad if they dissappered cause of a burn... that was a lot of time and hard work to make storys like that.

I would like to say that if their has to be a burn at lease give me a week or so of trying to get on the site to copy what I can of the adult site storys and picts. Its not like I have a job... I can borrow my boyfriends computer and sit their with a couple of windows open on each computer trying to do everything at once.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 01, 02:11:53 by TKPurrrrs » Logged
Rae Kira
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1402 on: 2008 December 01, 02:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also think you should wait until tomorrow. There should be less access while most people are at work/school. Finish pillaging, then burn.

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: 2008 December 01, 02:02:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly do you mean by inoperable like we won't be able to go on it forever or a long time...?
It'll be like last week or so when Stupid Liegenschonheit spiked the DB on Garden of Liegenschonheits. Site goes boom, and it will require a wizard to fix.

I don't think you should burn it intentionally. (I voted wrong, btw.) There's no rush to back things up, is there?
Well, we have no idea how long our window of opportunity is. Since I have not disclosed any details of how this works, it is unlikely Walt has any idea what's going on at all.

Can't you wait until the 12s are back in school/at work tomorrow to grab what else you need? Let Walt keep his shell of a site.
You seem to think grabbing 130 GBs of website crap is EASY. This is a process that likely requires one or more days of continuous uptime unbroken by cheezserver meltage.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: 2008 December 01, 02:04:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you guys who are worried about the contests and stories been over to the Oasis to discuss it with them.  I thought a lot of that was saved but I really dont know.

http://forums.sim-oasis.com/index.php *linkies for you

I saw part of the discussion, but haven't been over there in a day or so. I'll go check up on it.
Sazerac
Landlubber

Barbarian Non Pareil

View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: 2008 December 01, 02:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to say a big "thanks" to everyone here, especially Pes, who is taking the trouble to save the files from InSIM. I've been lurking here and at MATY for around 2 years and this is my first post, but I had to come out of the dark corners and tell you guys that I really appreciate everything you've done and are doing for the Sims community, including this collossal effort to save something that is so important to so many people.

I cannot speak for everyone at the forum I frequent, but I know many of us there at GSC2 are championing your actions and watching with great interest to see what is going to happen.

Many thanks,
Sazerac (from GSC2)
Light_Angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: 2008 December 01, 02:06:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Burn?  Do not want!!   Angry 

I'd rather have everyone that hasn't already be able to get what they need off of there.  Sometimes you can't rely on everyone to have a full back-up, so one has to be sure they have backups of their own stuff.  There's still people needing to get their files off of there.  Plus, I'd rather have no part in something that is potentially illegal.  As much as I dislike Walt, I don't condone that option.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: 2008 December 01, 02:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I appreciate you helping Insim, but I;m not supporting something that will damage someone's site even if it's temporarily. If this were a paysite doing it you would all go crazy.

Inactive
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1408 on: 2008 December 01, 02:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gawd, this thread got huge quick.  Cheesy
Had to lulz at hocake. Never knew that was a slang for them parts.  Lips sealed

I say don't burn it. Just give it a chance to settle, then clone it. Wouldn't want anyone to give you hassle when we all just adore you, Pes.  Kiss

Cala...the armpit vagina...it never gets old.  Cheesy

I have nothing of import add, as per usual. LOL
Hope everyone's Turkey day was great.

Fake ETA 1: Paden, give M some luvvies from me and wish him a happy natal day!
Fake ETA 2: What's GSC2?  Embarrassed

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: 2008 December 01, 02:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you wait until the 12s are back in school/at work tomorrow to grab what else you need? Let Walt keep his shell of a site.
You seem to think grabbing 130 GBs of website crap is EASY. This is a process that likely requires one or more days of continuous uptime unbroken by cheezserver meltage.

I don't think it's easy, but is there any reason to rush, besides Walt possibly stopping it? I'm guessing Walt is a doofus who won't be able to figure out what's going on. Even if he does, I don't really think melting the site would do any positive good.

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: