PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 02:41:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!  (Read 120054 times)
Souvenirs
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!
« Reply #180 on: 2008 July 01, 16:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can not believe that someone already bought 90% of the 'exclusive' items.
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=227931
A lot of the furniture looks floodfilled.  And ugly.  It looks like they were trying to be retro, but most of it is badly done and just, well...ugly. Undecided 

Why in the world did that woman go out and buy all of that?
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2008 July 01, 16:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you get drunk, you do crazy stuff.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: 2008 July 01, 16:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And that's why Ry doesn't drink.  Cheesy

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
CaptainChris
ARR!

Picture it, Sicily 1922....

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2008 July 01, 17:41:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of those angles in that slideshow looked like they were done by the same monkeyslot that do the propaganda images for the stuff packs, perhaps an EA plant?

I downloaded the hairs out of curiousity (like I'd pay for that?!), the female ones for the majority are just scary, and the male one pisses me off to no end because of the gap it leaves between the sideburn area and the facial hair  Angry It looks like the kind of hair that should be teamed with some facial hair but nooooooo.

Also, did I spot the Lost & Found Ikea lamps? EA ain't gettin' a cent more from me.
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2008 July 01, 17:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew those lamps looked familiar! I was just thinking that they were the only items that I even might use, but I was pretty sure I'd seen them somewhere before. I can't say I'm even slightly surprised, though, since they've done it before. Items released by modders under the classification of "lost and found" have been released in EPs/SPs before, often years after the lost and found item was released to the CC community the first time. EAxis will take any opportunity to get more money without being forced to do any more work.

And an EA plant releasing those screenshots would be just about par for the course with the way they've been treating their customers. Luckily, it's unlikely to help, since no matter how poorly or how wonderfully those items are shot, they're going to look like shit.

Oh, and here are those pictures I promised. I removed all my CC before putting the new hairs in and put them on the most basic face so I could see them in their "raw" state. I also only took screenshots of the blonde versions because I think they show the details the best. I should have shown the reds, perhaps, so you can all be reminded how horribly EAxis interprets red hair, and how little they attempted to make their reds consistent between styles. Some are bright and orangey while others are dark and almost auburn.

These first two are hilariously bad, particularly the one with the ugly tiara and those god-awful bangs. As has already been mentioned, it's the same damn mesh with a few tiny alterations, but they still have the balls to charge full price for both items. The short messy cut could have potential if it were better textured, I guess, but not much. It looks kind of cute from some angles, but not from most.

The mesh for the streaked one is ok, but nothing special; it looks almost exactly like the self-titled hair by Adele. You know: the version made by someone with less talent. For some reason it has pink streaks but is still binned with the blondes rather than the custom colors (I know, it's mostly blonde, but that still bothers me). The two versions with the barrettes are probably my favorites of all of these, and they're still shit. Again, they look like bad versions of free hairs that we've all seen before. The last one remind me vaguely of one of Nouk's, which was already copied by good ol' Marko over at TSR. Both of these are horribly textured, as we've come to expect from EAxis, although they are decently animated.

The curly style might not look too bad at first glance, despite the fivehead and the flat curls, but once you see it in-game or in BodyShop...well, let's just say it ain't pretty. The helmet hair makes me laugh on principle, and the sleek updo is ok, but has a remarkably undetailed shape once you get a closer look at it. The textures are slightly better than I expected (i.e. still awful).

Anyway, hope these pics give some lulz. I doubt that they'll deter anyone here from purchasing them, since I'd be shocked if any of you are planning to do so anyway, but I still wanted to check out the pics myself, and I figured some of you might be curious, too.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 01, 19:19:08 by glasscigarette » Logged

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
divinebovine
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2008 July 01, 19:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do the clothing files work for people? The reason I ask is because CleanInstaller has them all over the board classified as "Clothing" "Collection" or "Empty Package".
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2008 July 01, 19:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, they don't work for me either. I was thinking that I somehow managed to nab the recolors but not the meshes, but maybe they weren't posted to start with, if I'm not the only one.

Rowan
Landlubber

I lurk, therefore I am.

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2008 July 01, 19:28:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen anything that's impressive to me. That streaked hair got me wondering though, it reminds me a lot of Raon's Rihanna mesh so can't help but wonder if EAs suck factor may grow to such greatness as to  blatantly steal ideas or even meshes/textures from fan sites to repackage and sell at their store. Wouldn't put it past them.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2008 July 01, 19:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check this thread on MATY for new, user improved versions of the files.  You will need to read through the entire thread.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 01, 21:44:26 by missangelica » Logged

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2008 July 01, 19:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks MissA! I don't particularly care for any of this stuff, but I still feel like checking it out just to know what EAxis is expecting us to subject ourselves to. For more money, to boot.

I must be a masochist.

Astonished lemons
Banned!

OHAI

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2008 July 01, 19:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much Missangelica!

I tried to fix the hairs somewhat in bodyshop, but it wouldnt let me export the files.

I guess Eaxis didnt want the run-of-the-mill, SimPE-inept user to have any chance of fixing it on their own.
Budcot
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2008 July 01, 20:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, and the black version of the tiara hair? Has white streaks in it which makes it look awful Roll Eyes
Kazzandra
Landlubber

Show paysite owners your ass! Fight back!

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2008 July 01, 20:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

. He said "everyone" was mad because 'there is nothing to really add on to the 2 version" and that "everyone is waiting for the Sims 3

WHAT? IF you turn off CC, most categories have maybe a page or two of content. You oculd play only a few themed households and start reusing things.

People sharing just because they want to, the free community has brought out a peice of humanity that we thought no longer existed.
Indeed! I have had this same reaction to the FREE Sims communyity. We love to create for ourselves, share, get input, and then create more. PEOPLE. DOING. STUFF. FOR. FREE. NOT. BEING. FORCED. TO. DO. SO. WOW.

Oh, and also, check out this post. They had no care for customer input. They were apparently planning to implement this store before Freetime came out. Ergo, they were ony pretending to care about what the fans said in their 'official survey.' Assholes.

Also, way to shoot yourself in the foot at the same time, EA GAMES! Way to glamourize the pirate lifestyle even MOAR. Because apparently, we weren't doing it well enough. Anyone want this on their self-sim?  Wink

« Last Edit: 2008 July 01, 20:32:10 by Kazzandra » Logged

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2008 July 01, 21:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only if it had a full shirt and was made by a free creator cause I know they would do it properly, unlike a certain game publishing company we all know and loathe any more for their stupid shit. *coughEAfuckingGamescough*

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
dotcom
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2008 July 01, 21:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i was wrong, lol.
they DID make a store.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: