PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 01, 20:09:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Top 10 worst Paysites since TS1 days
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Top 10 worst Paysites since TS1 days  (Read 28464 times)
slickchick
ARR!

View Profile
Top 10 worst Paysites since TS1 days
« Reply #45 on: 2007 September 24, 06:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has been an above average Sunday for dumb-asses.

necromancy is bad, but folk are instructed to search for existing threads, rather than post new ones. i'm not a dumbass. just a tad confused by the forum etiquette expectations of the board. so is it safe to assume that newbies are altogether banned from discussing topics that established members have already discussed?

forgive my excitement and overzealousness of wanting to be an active member and wanting to add my $0.02 to posts i find interesting. i guess i need to lurk more - post less. apologies... again.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 September 24, 07:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's only okay to raise the dead if you have something new and interesting and relevant to say or add to the conversation. In this case, that was not so. While newbies are not forbidden from discussing things that have already been discussed, if you are accused of commiting necromancy it is generally because what you (general you here) had written did not add anything different or important to what had already been said before. If you notice that a thread was last posted in more than a month ago give it some real thought before you decide to post in it (e.g. "Is what I'm about to say needed or necessary?"), and generally try to stick to the current topics of conversation if you aren't sure.
ShanOw
« Reply #47 on: 2007 September 24, 09:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My hatelist is as follows.

1)Carla Niven Her shit is SOOOOO Ugly.
2)Peggy Her stuff is also ugly.
3)TSR I wonder why lol

ps. is amel the same person who contributes to www.simsconnection.com and I why does everyone hate simslice. I know its a rip off but at leat they have ok. stuff, unlike some other site
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 September 24, 10:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ShanOw"
My hatelist is as follows.

1)Carla Niven Her shit is SOOOOO Ugly.
2)Peggy Her stuff is also ugly.
3)TSR I wonder why lol

ps. is amel the same person who contributes to www.simsconnection.com and I why does everyone hate simslice. I know its a rip off but at leat they have ok. stuff, unlike some other site

I've never downloaded from Carla Niven, anything. Only reason I donated to Peggy once, was when I had Sims 1 I never downloaded any CC even from the website. So when I had a look at the Sims 2 websites, I saw a hair I really liked that wasn't in the game. I thought what the heck. Anyway, I had downloaded one of her hairs off the exchange. When I went to her site, I thought I had gotten it illegally because it was in the pay section, so I went and paid her for a month so I could have that hair. Then I found out the hair went through her back like a sword or through her chest when she turned her head. I found TSR from the exchange also at the same time, so I did a six month subscription to them. Which only lasted a couple weeks and I was ready to say I don't need any CC then I found MTS2. I'm being serious, too. I downloaded clothes the insides of the legs came out when they sat down. Some wings that looked just plain retarded. Some hair that looked like someone cut it out of a magazine so it looked pasted on the Sim's head. All smudged and blurry. I deleted it all, including my download folder and said screw this. But I do still use Simslices rejuvinator in all my houses. I think I have their star trek uniforms also. So guess it wasn't all bad when I first discovered CC. Wink

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 September 24, 14:29:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "slickchick"

necromancy is bad, but folk are instructed to search for existing threads, rather than post new ones. i'm not a dumbass. just a tad confused by the forum etiquette expectations of the board. so is it safe to assume that newbies are altogether banned from discussing topics that established members have already discussed?

forgive my excitement and overzealousness of wanting to be an active member and wanting to add my $0.02 to posts i find interesting. i guess i need to lurk more - post less. apologies... again.

You know, I agree. It's really confusing and I've been here nearly a year. Obviously, it's stupid to drag up a months old thread to say "I agree", but it might not be stupid IF there was something relevant to say. Everyone seems quite eager to bitch at someone for necromancy regardless of the content of the post.

Then if someone starts a new post, they get bitched at too. Again I'm not talking about the dumb "hi, I'm a noob where R Peggy hairZ"  but a comment that might have some merit.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2007 September 24, 14:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "redisenchanted"

You know, I agree. It's really confusing and I've been here nearly a year. Obviously, it's stupid to drag up a months old thread to say "I agree", but it might not be stupid IF there was something relevant to say. Everyone seems quite eager to bitch at someone for necromancy regardless of the content of the post.

Then if someone starts a new post, they get bitched at too. Again I'm not talking about the dumb "hi, I'm a noob where R Peggy hairZ"  but a comment that might have some merit.

Hmm...does the phorum need a reminder of the chat with Ol' Mama Hecubus?

http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/viewtopic.php?t=1032&start=0

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 September 24, 16:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question:

Was WDS the first site to go pay?  :shock: Trying to remember.........I just know I loved them and then went to DL one day and the add-on pieces I needed for a set were pay all of a sudden.  :evil: So for me, it's WDS. Did they go pay before SimFreaks?

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2007 September 24, 16:25:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Requip...everytime I see your username I think about medications. You do know there's some kind of medicine named Requip, right?

And I *think* you're right. BUT I could be wrong. I seem to remember WDS bieng the first as well, but someone may know different.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2007 September 24, 16:28:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone somewhere wrote the history (my search skills and memory fail me right now)....I am not entirely sure who was first, but the first batch was WFS, WDS, SimFreaks, TSR, and 8DS. A few others followed....but there wasn't the proliferation there is now.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 September 24, 16:35:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, the "restless leg syndrome" medication. When I was trying to think up a name, that stupid commercial was playing so..........there ya go.
Nice to know you think of drugs when you see my name, Ry

I'm pretty sure that WDS WAS the first paysite. No wonder I hate 'em.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2007 September 24, 17:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Requip, other people would say they think about drugs when they see me..lmao...so I think we may be two peas in a fucked up pod.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 September 24, 22:32:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Requip, I'm pretty sure SimFreaks and TSR went pay before WDS although all three went pay within weeks of each other (spouting bullshit reasons about server costs - of course, these days we know that running costs aren't the real reason :wink: . Anyway, the first ever paysite was Mall Of The Sims.

Assuming that this thread is still running:

1) WDS for average skins in TS1 and poor clothing in TS2 at ridiculous prices.
2) TSR for being both pay and managing to have bugger all quality control on  submissions. More often than not, I have to trawl through pages and pages of crap to find something that looks half-decent on the site, but still manages to look crap in-game.
3) Pandora 2, just for the sheer hypocrisy of the owner.
4) Sim Freaks - Crap site layout, and incredibly difficult to tell which items are free and which are pay.
5) Buntah - Even the previews look turgid.

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 September 24, 22:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
Someone somewhere wrote the history (my search skills and memory fail me right now)....I am not entirely sure who was first, but the first batch was WFS, WDS, SimFreaks, TSR, and 8DS. A few others followed....but there wasn't the proliferation there is now.

Here you go.  Just clear your calendar for the next light-year and all your questions will be answered. :lol:

http://www.simchaotics.com/

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 September 24, 23:26:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "redisenchanted"
Quote from: "slickchick"

Sometimes, I secretly wait for Necromancy, just because some of the older threads are more interesting, than some of the threads we have going on right now. Just like I know some secretly lie in wait for a chance to bring out new and interesting cat macros. Then again...some people like communicating with the dead. Far be it from me to judge them.  Seriously, I wouldn't consider it a dead thread, as long as someone has something interesting to add. Sometimes Necormancy is interesting. OK. I admit it. I also like looking at all the cat marco's.  :twisted:

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 September 24, 23:53:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree that we can jump on the Necromancy thing a bit quick.  It's just a shock to those of us who have been around awhile.  I, for one, will be more tolerating.  After all, we do have a lot of new members.

Certain subjects just suck, though, like the Delphy crap and Lyric Lee.   :roll:

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: