PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 03:43:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  For Lyriclee
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For Lyriclee  (Read 146044 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #105 on: 2006 October 27, 12:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ElmoLovesCyclops"

- In regards to the moderators on S2C and MTS2 i don't think people quite realise how much shit they have to put up with. They are using their own free time to keep a website (which you gotta admit we all love) free and running.

Well, I wouldn't say we *ALL* love it. Some of us are banned from it, others of us have a certain bemused tolerance for it, others not-so-bemused, and some of us simply avoid the place.

They have hundreds of complaints from whingey little 14 year olds every day and quite often are forced to deal with some of the most unintelligent shit you've ever heard. I know i would definately get frustrated after awhile if i had hundreds of people a week come to me with their internet dilemmas just because they can't find the maturity to deal with it themselves.

That is partly a product of atmosphere they cultivate, and frankly they have no one to blame for that but themselves. Me, I find that whiny 12 year olds are best dealt with with a quick and direct outpouring of bile for daring to disturb you with their idiotic whining. This discourages them from bothering you again and is ultimately better for them. They may as well learn that in real life, their problems are theirs and no one else's.

I do also agree that it is quite often that people don't like a mod because they don't like them on a personal level. Moderators often discuss situations with other moderators before making any decisions. Try being in a moderating position yourself before you judge other moderators so harshly.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. LyricLee is not a good moderator. She is not objective, acts upon irrelevant offsite personal issues, and does not consider her actions tactically.

Paying for a membership of a paysite is a personal choice. You are not being forced to pay for it. The people creating their content don't have to make those files available to you. They could keep it for their own personal use.

And having bought it, it is then up to them to decide what to do with it, no? I go to a store, I buy something, it's mine now. If I want to give it away, I can do that.

Copyright, you say? Well, there's the unfortunate problem that no one really knows who legally owns it, if anyone. That means the only thing we really have is dealing with it as a commodity. EA's EULA claims ownership of all the materials, but EULAe haven't been found legally binding. Paysites themselves swipe meshes and textures off other sites and photographs. Who really owns anything? Hard to say. Certainly no one wants to fight it out on court, and certainly no one can come up with a conclusive judgement recognized by all countries around the world, such as the one this site operates in.

Granted many paysites do charge outrageous prices, but some of them are worth paying for. Creators put in a hell of a lot of time, work and effort into creating these, why shouldn't they get some compensation?

Who says they don't? Someone had to buy the item. There's your compensation right there.

I do think that saying they charge those prices for bandwidth is a pathetic excuse as we're not all stupid enough to believe it. If it was for bandwidth they'd be doing something along the lines of what Nouk does on her site, where a certain amount that is needed for something is put up and people can freely donate.

And people do, yes? Clearly it's a model that works. Notice how no one really objects to Nouk doing that. The donations are not tied to the items at all.

However creators are doing this because they need the money. The money they make from it is what they live off. Which i think is a perfectly reasonable reason.

Well, sure, it seems like a reasonable reason, but not necessarily one we agree with. Everyone needs money to live off of, but you're certainly not entitled to money from the sky, after all.

he Pescado site is hurting a lot of people and making a lot of people happy at the same time. Soon there will be a backlash and creators (all our favourites) will just stop creating.

And give up the precious money they need to live off of? I don't see that happening. So long as they're making a profit, and I don't see them going into the red anytime soon, they're going to keep doing it if it's really an economic decision. That, or they're going to stop and get a real freaking job.

Honestly, i like that i can get all of those files for free but i also care about the people who are trying to make a living from it. I don't care whether it's legal or not. Probably because i think it should be legal. I'm actually quite disgusted at all of the people who are being so disprespectful and downright rude to creators.

Well, part of an even older tradition is that one does not charge for third-party game modifications. These creators ignore this ancient tradition, and then expect us to respect their traditions when they themselves ignore even older ones? Not gonna happen.

If we're going to share their files, at least do it privately so we're not being a bunch of cunts and shoving it in their faces.

Well, yeah, that's the approach that other sites use. I, however, am not called a "Fat Obstreperous Jerk" for no reason. I am obstreperous. I am loud and in your face. And I'm a jerk. So this is why I have chosen to run my site in such a fashion. Enjoy the free swag, or not. After all, no one puts a gun to your head and makes you download.

So yeah, that's basically why it works. That's my personal philosophy, and I'm going to stick to it. Unlike certain hypocrites we could name.

Quote from: "Aquamarine"
It seems like this is the stock excuse for a shitty administrator (chosen by the site owner) on any forum that has anything to do with gaming, ever. I have seriously seen something in this format roughly 20 times so far. The site owner always seems to have a case of Avoidant Personality Disorder and attempts to dodge reality in every possible way. Even if it kills their site. No, it doesn't make sense.

MTS2 seems successful and unkilled, and LyricLee seems to at least manage to restrain her outbursts to the much smaller live chat and largely off-topic S2C subsite, at any rate. And who doesn't dodge reality? We're here because we play video games. Is that not a reality dodge right there? Because let's face it, reality is overrated.

I don't know these people personally, but in all honesty, this is crap. They're both old acquaintances and Lyric has the position purely due to preferential treatment.

That's a pretty common and accepted method of acquiring positions.

Anyway, I need to say no to posting at 4am. But to be perfectly honest, if she's using paysite money to support children, maybe the lack of money will be proper incentive to get a real goddamn job and, even better, stop breeding for the good of humanity. Because if this is just a small sampling of her greatness, than she's not doing anyone any favors by spawning.

I personally find the idea of children starving to death amusing. It always gives me a chuckle to imagine some paysite owner's screaming spawn starving to death from the loss in revenue I might be causing. That just makes me feel all tingly inside, and would make me sleep like a baby if I actually did that entire "sleep" thing, but frankly, I hate sleep, so I don't.

Quote from: "surelyfunke"
Do you *honestly* think people will stop producing Sims 2 content because we are not paying them for their creations? Not being compensated for their craft hasn't stopped creators from a bunch of other gaming communities. People are happy to do stuff for free, as long as other people are *using* their creations and enjoying them. There is tons of evidence within the Sims 2 community to support this.

Me, I do my stuff for me. I just let you people test it for me. Free guinea pigs. What's not to like? This is why I don't actually do requests, unless they're excellent ideas that I'm glad I thought of first, of course.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
For Lyriclee
« Reply #106 on: 2006 October 27, 15:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My, my. I'd 'donate' to LyricLee to fund her getting her tubes tied, as if she has more kids than she can pay for before the age of 30, she obviously needs assistance.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #107 on: 2006 October 27, 15:13:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that I'm defending LyricLee or anything, but I am just wondering if what she said on s2C about raising kids on the money from paysites was relating to her, or she was saying it about someone else.  Because I got the impression she was defending someone else with that statement, but then everyone started talking as if it were herself, so now I have no idea.
vodianova
Landlubber

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #108 on: 2006 October 27, 18:29:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"
Not that I'm defending LyricLee or anything, but I am just wondering if what she said on s2C about raising kids on the money from paysites was relating to her, or she was saying it about someone else.  Because I got the impression she was defending someone else with that statement, but then everyone started talking as if it were herself, so now I have no idea.

Most likely she was speaking of herself, she didn't specify anyone directly. She was defending creators custom content when that load of crap slipped out.
simplystella
ARR!

View Profile WWW
..my two cents..
« Reply #109 on: 2006 October 27, 19:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before starting, I'd love to introduce myself.
I'm Stella, and you can find me with this nickname both on MtS and on S2C.

Just in case someone wants to look at my IP and my logs, ..don't.
Yes, I have downloaded from this site and no, I'm not gonna deny it.
..But God-our-savior told me to do it, so, don't blame me for that  

By-the-way
I just couldn't resist from posting a couple of words about our beloved LyricLee.
Someone mentioned the "Exchange Bandits" thread over S2C.
I am one of those who took part of the huge fight.. or maybe I even started it, not sure about it.

I don't think that LL was talking specifically about herself with the "raising kid" line, but more generally of pay sites owners.
When I read it I almost started laughing. Usually pay-creators take the time to make up some story about the bandwith costs and such, but not Lyric :lol:
And when I mentioned that, here, were I live, people have "this very weird thing called work" to raise their kids, I was called rude, evil, demeaning, nasty, and at the very end I was even threatened to be banned  :roll: .
What I found really amusing was how a simple statement ("it's not legal to sell Sims 2 custom content") was turned into a general message against every kind of online commerce  :?

I tried to keep talking about the original subject of the topic, but after seeing that it's not possible to have a mature and polite debate with some people, I just gave up.
Unluckly, this means I missed the final part of the thread.. since it was deleted (so if anybody have it saved somewhere.. I'd love to read the rest Cheesy )

Beside this, I can't say I hate LyricLee. After my small fight with her, I was contacted by a bunch of "LyricLee haters", and I admit I was kinda ..puzzled. I knew that a lot of people didn't like her - but I had no idea so many people in fact *hate* her.
I don't know, I just feel a bit sorry for her. I really hope that she isn't similar to her online persona, because if she is, then I highly doubt she will ever have any true friend - just a bunch of ass-lickers, if she hold a certain position.

I've also lost lot of respect for Delphy. I found out a lot of things about the guy that I would have never thought.
That quote posted by Immortal says a lot about it.

I have no idea of the context in wich this words were written, so I really can't judge or anything, but the way LL conduct is always supported by her clique is upsetting.

I for one am not judging her as a person, I don't even know the kid! I'm judging her as admin of a community - and I dare to say she's pretty much too over the top to be a good mod.

As for the whole paysite thing.. I could stay here hours talking about it :wink: .
Just to sum it up, I can say that I don't like pay sites, I don't believe one should make profit from TS2, and most of all, if paysite owner would stop to make content because of file-sharing, I couldn't care less.
There will always be free creators sharing their stuff for the simple pleasure of seeing others using it. Like I do

I'd love to reason this points closely, but my poor english keep me from doing it  :lol:

I'm done. My two cents were given.. goodnight  :wink:

url=http://www.starsims.net]starsims[/url]
simplystella
Xerolize
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #110 on: 2006 October 27, 20:07:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "kathy"
liegen that sums it up perfectly. When you think about how much money we have wasted on the games themselves it seems like a crime to charge people for downloads.

Then don't fucking buy the game since you're wasting your money on it.  :roll: you and your croonies over at insim are no better. :twisted: fucked up mods and admins are everywhere.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #111 on: 2006 October 27, 20:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Xerolize, before you talk, you should know what the fuck you are talking about, m'kay?
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For Lyriclee
« Reply #112 on: 2006 October 27, 20:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Xerolize"

:roll: you and your croonies over at insim are no better. :twisted: fucked up mods and admins are everywhere.

no shit those stupid threads with ozzucay etc over in squinges mod section are retarded and annoying.

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=26190
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=25685

you guys are retarded

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #113 on: 2006 October 27, 20:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you all have a problem with one of kathy's moderators, try PMing her at Insim rather than attacking her for no bloody reason here.
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For Lyriclee
« Reply #114 on: 2006 October 27, 20:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But this whole thread is about attacking people, or I guess it's okay to attack some and not others?

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #115 on: 2006 October 27, 20:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, no, this original thread was finishing what was started with LyricLee and Lackey and then some took it to the attack level.  But if you want to bitch about Insim, then start a new damn thread.  

If you have a serious question/concern/gripe about an Insim mod, then talk to the admin over at Insim about it, at least you know they're more likely to actually listen to your whining, unline MTS2.

Edit:  And I've just read those threads.  While they are sorta annoying, there's no one forcing you to read them, clearly from the title you can see they're not serious threads.  So yeah, start a new thread bitching about that.
kathy
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #116 on: 2006 October 27, 20:37:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Xerolize"
liegen that sums it up perfectly. When you think about how much money we have wasted on the games themselves it seems like a crime to charge people for downloads.

Then don't fucking buy the game since you're wasting your money on it.  :roll: you and your croonies over at insim are no better. :twisted: fucked up mods and admins are everywhere.

Kiss my ass. Point check if you don't like it don't waste my bandwidth visiting it.

And Pirate.... I'd rather them act the way they do than have corn cobs up their ass like many of the twats in this community.
For Lyriclee
« Reply #117 on: 2006 October 27, 20:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"

I couldn't tell... the verbal diahrrea that she uses for communication doesn't make a lot of sense. I'd still donate towards her sterilization - at least a reversible kind until the point she stops acting like a bossy teenager who's been made hall monitor.
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #118 on: 2006 October 27, 20:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm with Stella, I don't hate LyricLee either. No reason to, really. She has her own opinion, we have ours. We CAN be adults about this without stooping to name calling, can't we?

And wow, some of you people really jumped to the wrong conclusion about what Kathy said. EA overcharges for EPs and "stuff packs". Unfortunately, there is nothing legal we can do about it. It costs a lot of money to keep buying the games. Being expected to pay for content that EA has stated must be free is stupid. If paysite owners want to talk about legality, they don't have a leg to stand on. Also, many of these site owners use free meshes from other sites, or do photoskinning from textures they have found online. If the owners of these resources knew that they were using their property for profit, they would probably be pissed.

And yes, I am a creator. I do know how much time and effort goes into this stuff. I do it because I enjoy it, and the fact that people want to download and use my creations makes it worthwhile to me. I also have a non-obligatory paypal donation button on my site. Like I've said before, enough people click it to keep me open and running and cover site costs. I don't expect to be compensated for my "work".

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Xerolize
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #119 on: 2006 October 27, 20:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kiss my ass. Point check if you don't like it don't waste my bandwidth visiting it.

And Pirate.... I'd rather them act the way they do than have corn cobs up their ass like many of the twats in this community.

Kiss mine cunt. I don't visit your site anymore so don't worry about your precious bandwidth.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: