PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 18, 05:53:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Looking for Aikea Guinea's Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Looking for Aikea Guinea's Sims  (Read 128095 times)
de Pommes
ARR!

Mostly a lurker.

View Profile
I know this may be considered necromancy... but...
« Reply #150 on: 2007 September 26, 23:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is necromancy, and I apologize in advance. However, I have a few complaints about Aikea, as she annoys the ever living hell out of me. I had a bit of drama with her, something like two years or so ago over at  livejournal.

Awhile back, she was a lot more generous with her male hairs. I had downloaded a style that wasn't too long or short (one of Tristan's, I think?), because it suited a male sim I wanted to make at the time. I think it was over at MtS2.

Anyways, I had actually never heard of her Deception Pass series, and so I had no idea that she owned all the rights to gothy musician sims. This was eventually corrected when I decided to share a few pics of this college band I created. They weren't gothy at all- more like emo? I created some sim named Corbin Elliott (named after a Mage; the Awakening character I used to RP back in high school), who was just a pissy little lead singer to a band that made the college I was making more fun.

The next day, I awaken to find something like fifteen fucking emails from her little fanclub, accusing me of “OMFG CLONING” Tristan Payne (I'm sorry, but that name is just so Harry Potter!sue-esque I want to vomit whenever I see it).

Just to clarify (since I deleted the sim, the entry and the pictures featuring him sometime after this shit), here's what these two sims had in common:

1)Male

2)Pale

3) The same hair mesh (different colors though; Tristan's is black, Corbin's dark brown)

4) Musicians

Corbin Elliott was made to be a pompous little prick that banged everything that moved, dressed in a way more Hot Topic “emo” style, and didn't play any instruments. He just sang in the band. Also, Corbin was a 21 year old human. Tristan Payne, from what I can remember, is supposed to be all nice and dark and a vampire. And doesn't he play the guitar, maybe even the bass guitar? And Corbin wasn't for a story, just part of this campus I had made. He wasn't a tortured soul, didn't wear all black (or purple), didn't have the same facial features at all. Corbin had a more pointy little nose & chin thing going on, like... femme. Tristan was/is very obviously a dude, despite his constant whining.

So, I was appalled at all the flaming going on. I ended up emailing Aikea, telling her to get her fanclub off my nuts, (in a politer way). Of course, it wasn't her fault her fanclub consists of hags with no life, so I don't yell at her. I just said that I downloaded her hair and that it was probably all that started it.

She wrote back, stating that she has no idea why her fanclub went off like a pack of rabid wolves on me, and how her heart breaks whenever she sees that mesh used on some other sims. Which was like, “Um, wtf  did you upload it on a fucking public forum then, moron?” But I was a more considerate soul then and told her I'd use a different hairstyle if I was going to post pictures of sims, I guess I was thinking  that she was probably crazy or something, being possessive of a hair mesh she willingly posted.

She never wrote back, which I thought was kind of rude. THANKS for accepting the apology and gratitude for doing something I really didn't have to do. (Removing the pictures, using a different hairstyle on the sim, etc.)

Then, a friend of mine who was LJ friends with her showed me the reason why all these psychos were emailing me. I had previously figured they just saw my post over at the main Sims2 community on LJ. I never really stopped to think how odd it was that every single person that was being a bitch about the ordeal was LJ friends with Aikea's personal blog.

Apparently Aikea had posted an LJ entry about “somebody” who was using her precious hair mesh on a sim that was OMFG SO SIMILAR to Tristan. She then linked to my entry. She mentioned how other people were doing it, but if I recall correctly, mine was the only one linked to.

Of course, I friended her on LJ using an account for my better Sims 2 stories and pictures, and she friended me back. I commented on an entry of hers, stating that my other account was the one that posted the supposed “Tristan clone,” and she unfriended me before I could weed through her boring ass blogs about Donnie Darko, how her currently simming was going and pictures of herself to find the incriminating evidence of her bitchiness.

The friend told me that she ended up deleting the entry. It didn't stop the flaming every time I posted different stories under that account. So, frustrated and being the immature angst machine I was back then, I decided to quit posting my Sims 2 stories for awhile, delete that account (& all other Sims 2 associated accounts just to be on the safe side), and gave up on the community.

I'm making a slight comeback now, but I still cannot stand that two-faced jerk. On top of her arrogant attitude, her stories just aren't that good. All the drama of V.C. Andrews, Anne Rice and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, none of the intrigue. Her stories are the sort of thing I'd have been into when I was a 14 year old little pseudo-goth, which I feel I have grown up from. She seems to think she invented not-so-subtle greek mythology links, vampire sims, vampire musicians and the angst that comes from mortals & vampires falling in love, when really... Anne Rice has been doing this since she was 7 years old or something.

Another thing: She claims that the tattoos she uses for her sims are meaningful and unique, except the only one I can remember is the one on Tristan's back (angel wings?), and I have friends with practically the same tattoo, and none of them have heard of her stupid little story.

All that aside? She makes absolutely stunning stuff. Though it disgusts me that she thinks people ought to pay to use her pixels, I have enjoyed downloading her stuff here, knowing that I didn't pay a goddamn cent for it.

Cheers!

Because there's no good nickname for "dispossessive."

(livejournalCOLOURLovers)
LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
Looking for Aikea Guinea's Sims
« Reply #151 on: 2007 September 27, 01:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah Necromancy is bad, except when it adds something new. Which I certainly think you did. I am sorry for all the pain you went through, and really hope you do well with your comeback.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2007 September 27, 01:35:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Her heart breaks every time she sees a Sim with hair she made? WTF? Most creators are thrilled to have their creations used.

Anyone who takes their Sims that seriously should really stop playing the game.

Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2007 September 27, 01:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's so stupid...everyone knows that sims have a resemblance if you use the same hair.  Gah, every time I put Nouk's brown dread ponytail on a sim, I always think of HP's Pariah Corax.  I would kept the sim just to make her mad.

Why, hello thar!

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2007 September 27, 02:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Knowing me, if it had been me, I would have hit flashpoint and flamed her ass in an e-mail. Some folks should keep their stuff to themselves if they can't bear to see other people play with their toys. I bet she was one of those that had the notation on her school records, "does not play well with others, known for temper tantrums." Meh, what a bitch.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2007 September 27, 02:20:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well put, Paden.  Why would you share your stuff if you get mad when someone uses it?  She may not be twelve, but she acts it.

Why, hello thar!

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
blackmars
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2007 September 27, 03:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, she's known for that kind of behavior apparently among those close to her. There was a link to an LJ post on the community beautiful_sims awhile back made by the maintainer that outlined every flaw that AG has pretty much. If I remember correctly the OP talked about how she's manipulative and bitchy. I didn't comment on the entry because I was like "Okay, whatever". But yeah, this girl got into it with her also apparently over a singer.

It's the Otherworld invading...oh that's a paysite~

"In the end the crew became restless, petty and insolent. So we killed them."
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2007 September 27, 03:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a pshycopath. Anyone that attached to their sims needs extensive therapy. She should be thrown in a padded room with Jan.
One time I uploaded a self sim to the Exchange when I used to go on there, and a couple days later, someone used my head and added a bunch of CC. Mine got three stars and was taken off and theirs is still on there, though I lost the link ages ago. It was really, really weird, but I was more amused than anything. If you don't want someone using your stuff, don't upload it.
de Pommes
ARR!

Mostly a lurker.

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2007 September 27, 03:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "LilyLocksley"
Yeah Necromancy is bad, except when it adds something new. Which I certainly think you did. I am sorry for all the pain you went through, and really hope you do well with your comeback.

Oh, it wasn't really all that painful, just infuriating and annoying. And certainly enlightening! Everyone practically ooohs and aaahs over Aikea, since her attitude makes her seem so very high above everyone else.

When really, she's just a twat. So it goes!

But yes, thanks. I wasn't sure where to post my little story, since there wasn't any "AIKEA SUX :(" threads, so I did a search on her name and this one came up. And when I saw it was old, I almost hesitated. But, meh.

de Pommes
ARR!

Mostly a lurker.

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2007 September 27, 04:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "neriana"
Her heart breaks every time she sees a Sim with hair she made? WTF? Most creators are thrilled to have their creations used.

IAWTC, furrealz. If I were even remotely talented in the area of CC, I'd fracking piss myself in joy whenever anyone used something I made.

Quote from: "Redikolous"
That's so stupid...everyone knows that sims have a resemblance if you use the same hair. Gah, every time I put Nouk's brown dread ponytail on a sim, I always think of HP's Pariah Corax. I would kept the sim just to make her mad.

This is something I'd totally do now. I was a moderately nice 17 year old when this happened (and now, a bitchy 20 year old), and wanted to get along with everyone in the Sims 2 LJ community. little did I know that some fans of this game are kind of cunty.

But yeah, word on the hair thing.

Quote from: "Paden"
Knowing me, if it had been me, I would have hit flashpoint and flamed her ass in an e-mail. Some folks should keep their stuff to themselves if they can't bear to see other people play with their toys. I bet she was one of those that had the notation on her school records, "does not play well with others, known for temper tantrums." Meh, what a bitch.

Seriously! Which reminds me... if anyone knows where I can get that dirty room item she has (it looks like she just took pictures of clothes, made the 2 dimensional and threw them all over a character's room?), plz PM me.

I'd love to use her 'oh so SPESHUL" private shit and throw it in her face.

Quote from: "Redikolous"
Well put, Paden. Why would you share your stuff if you get mad when someone uses it? She may not be twelve, but she acts it.

Isn't she like... 30 now or something? Which makes her selfish little girl attitude all the more appalling and pathetic.

Quote from: "blackmars"
Well, she's known for that kind of behavior apparently among those close to her. There was a link to an LJ post on the community beautiful_sims awhile back made by the maintainer that outlined every flaw that AG has pretty much. If I remember correctly the OP talked about how she's manipulative and bitchy. I didn't comment on the entry because I was like "Okay, whatever". But yeah, this girl got into it with her also apparently over a singer.

This is me, completely not shocked. Though I'm more than a little pleased that somebody over at LJ sees through her b.s., most people on there freak out over EVERYTHING SHE DOES.

HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2007 September 27, 04:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "neriana"

They should also seek mental help. I don't use anything by her. All her paintings said this might work and that might not work, and I never finished this or that because I made it just for me. Thank you, but no thank you. I want it in my game why? I know a lot of people like her things, just not for me. I'm not into Emo or Goth really, although I do like some of the Gothic clothing.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
goodbye_sun
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2007 September 27, 04:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dispossessive wow, I knew she and her cronies can be a little possessive that is a bit on the extreme side. I have been snapped at by the LJ cult of Aikea a couple of times myself, and that was enough high maintenance experience for me. Seriously if she isn’t after the attention, or happy to see people enjoying and using her stuff, or willing to take a bit criticism now and again,  she shouldn’t bloody well put herself or her content out into the public realm.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: 2007 September 27, 04:26:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "dispossessive"

What? A twat at TSR? Whodathunkit? (She's not Teutonic, is she? Seems twatitude is international!)

But yes, thanks. I wasn't sure where to post my little story, since there wasn't any "AIKEA SUX Sad" threads, so I did a search on her name and this one came up. And when I saw it was old, I almost hesitated. But, meh.

Good n00b. Here, have a cookie. Oh, and some rum!

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
de Pommes
ARR!

Mostly a lurker.

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2007 September 27, 04:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "goodbye_sun"
Dispossessive wow, I knew she and her cronies can be a little possessive that is a bit on the extreme side. I have been snapped at by the LJ cult of Aikea a couple of times myself, and that was enough high maintenance experience for me. Seriously if she isn’t after the attention, or happy to see people enjoying and using her stuff, or willing to take a bit criticism now and again,  she shouldn’t bloody well put herself or her content out into the public realm.

She just needs to get bent (along with her hags). I mean, I could understand if anything she did was unique, or at the very least, interesting. Or if she was using a medium that wasn't a fracking computer game. Like, if it were a comic and I was running around with my own series with a character that looked or acted similar... but no.

Sims 2 =/= Serious Fucking Business

de Pommes
ARR!

Mostly a lurker.

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2007 September 27, 04:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
Quote from: "dispossessive"

What? A twat at TSR? Whodathunkit? (She's not Teutonic, is she? Seems twatitude is international!)

But yes, thanks. I wasn't sure where to post my little story, since there wasn't any "AIKEA SUX :(" threads, so I did a search on her name and this one came up. And when I saw it was old, I almost hesitated. But, meh.

Good n00b. Here, have a cookie. Oh, and some rum!

Booze & sugar? Fuck yes!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: