PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 September 20, 23:54:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5290 Members
Latest Member: troubleneko
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Looking for Aikea Guinea's Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Looking for Aikea Guinea's Sims  (Read 140471 times)
goodbye_sun
Landlubber

View Profile
Looking for Aikea Guinea's Sims
« Reply #180 on: 2007 September 27, 15:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Black Mars, I absolutely realise that it was not her directly, but anyone who allows their network of friends to act in such a flagrant thuggish manner (to anyone who oversteps the boundary they define), well you have to wonder why anyone would allow that if they did not want it to happen.

Her behaviour, although admittedly indirect, does not change that, yes, I do like some of her work, but it does mean I have no more tolerance for the cult mentality that follows her around.

And I count myself among the numerous hacks out there writing something that is very heavily influenced by other things, and only moderately original, but I suppose the difference is that I am grateful, pleased and humbled by the attention that I do get, and feel capable of speaking for myself if the need arises. Convoluted mess or not, attention from people you don't know, who have opinions and independent thoughts  comes as part of the choice to put your self out there or not.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2007 September 27, 17:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "pixelated"
Feel free to laugh at me if you want, but I too have sims that I wouldn't want to share. Slapping one together in BS in ten minutes is one thing, I'd happily share those. But I have a few based on characters in stories I've written, or characters I've roleplayed a lot, and the thought of someone downloading one of those, giving it a gappy Peggy-hair and a dress from Carla Nieven makes me cringe.

Yeah, it's slightly obsessive, but the characters in my stories are very real to me. Then again, I seldom show those chars to people either, so they don't know what they're missing out on. :lol: And if someone DID get their hands on them somehow, I wouldn't be a fucking bitch about it like she seems to be. So... meh. Dunno.
But then you don't share them. At all. Which is fine. You have every right to keep your creations to yourself. It's giving them to a bunch of people, then saying that they can't talk about them or post pics of them or share them that's completely messed up.

I never share any sims, either, except for my self-sim (who is about to get an overhaul thanks to Warlokk's meshes and some play time in Milkshape). Seeing people use her cracks me up. In my own game, it's a bit creepy.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2007 September 27, 17:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "pixelated"
Feel free to laugh at me if you want, but I too have sims that I wouldn't want to share. Slapping one together in BS in ten minutes is one thing, I'd happily share those. But I have a few based on characters in stories I've written, or characters I've roleplayed a lot, and the thought of someone downloading one of those, giving it a gappy Peggy-hair and a dress from Carla Nieven makes me cringe.

Yeah, it's slightly obsessive, but the characters in my stories are very real to me. Then again, I seldom show those chars to people either, so they don't know what they're missing out on. :lol: And if someone DID get their hands on them somehow, I wouldn't be a fucking bitch about it like she seems to be. So... meh. Dunno.

Neil Gaiman is the best, by the way.

I understand that, and you go at it at lot better than Aikea.  She gives her sims to her friends and she shows them of in everything she makes..  Then she gets pissed off if a sim has a tiny resemblance to her "pweshous Twistan."

Why, hello thar!

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
blackmars
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2007 September 27, 18:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "goodbye_sun"
Black Mars, I absolutely realise that it was not her directly, but anyone who allows their network of friends to act in such a flagrant thuggish manner (to anyone who oversteps the boundary they define), well you have to wonder why anyone would allow that if they did not want it to happen.

Her behaviour, although admittedly indirect, does not change that, yes, I do like some of her work, but it does mean I have no more tolerance for the cult mentality that follows her around.

And I count myself among the numerous hacks out there writing something that is very heavily influenced by other things, and only moderately original, but I suppose the difference is that I am grateful, pleased and humbled by the attention that I do get, and feel capable of speaking for myself if the need arises. Convoluted mess or not, attention from people you don't know, who have opinions and independent thoughts  comes as part of the choice to put your self out there or not.

I actually meant to put a question mark after I said "her cult snapped at you?" Which means I don't approve of that kind of behavior myself. That's why I like the fact that the beautiful_sims maintainer put that post up to show people how she really is. A lot of people who are part of her "cult" ignored it but I know I didn't. From that moment I was weary of her and especially Gelydh (who is apparently ten times worse). What makes it insane is that she hates other creators also and I heard this from a friend of mine.

A bitter little apple.

The only reason why I call it a convoluted mess is because one moment she wants everyone to go "wow" and then she wants to hide it.

I still don't see why anyone would want her sims in their game. If you look closely they aren't all that great and anyone can make a better clone. I guess because I prefer making mine and if someone asks me I'd gladly share.

It's the Otherworld invading...oh that's a paysite~

"In the end the crew became restless, petty and insolent. So we killed them."
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2007 September 28, 00:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand the not-sharing thing at all. My Sims are always going to be mine, in my game they'll always have my characterization, what does it matter if someone wants to use one because of how it looks and make it have a different characterization? It affects me not at all, except that I'd be happy they'd want to use something I made.

Aikea, of course, takes it to a whole different and obnoxious level. I want those Sims so I can satirize them. She obviously likes pain and drama, why not give it to her? Anyone who takes herself so seriously is begging others to laugh at her.

Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2007 September 28, 01:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "neriana"
I don't understand the not-sharing thing at all. My Sims are always going to be mine, in my game they'll always have my characterization, what does it matter if someone wants to use one because of how it looks and make it have a different characterization? It affects me not at all, except that I'd be happy they'd want to use something I made.

I'm fine with people who don't want to share their sims.  There are lots of people who preface a their introduction to a new creation, "The sim will not be uploaded."  I can't really sympathize much seeing how I'm about to worry myself into a grave because I don't know how many people will use my sim.

But you're right, Neriana.  Aikea takes it to a whole new level, bullying people who make similar sims.

Why, hello thar!

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
goodbye_sun
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2007 September 28, 01:42:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My tirade was not directed at you at all, Black Mars, in fact I think you are fabulous. I just know her cult would have noticed this thread by now, so thought I might as well use the opportunity to say what I have wanted to for a while now.
de Pommes
ARR!

Mostly a lurker.

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2007 September 28, 02:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So much to reply to! I'll try to cover all the bases (I'm too lazy to track down quotes, sorry).

* Neil Gaiman is the shit. I've read damn near everything he's ever written, co-written or mentioned in his blog. </bibliophile> I'm dressing up as Delirium for Halloween. He's a genius. And pretty too. AND I've seen him in Minneapolis, (which is not far from where he resides). He's amongst my top five favorite authors of all time.

* I understand that a large portion of artists of any medium (including writing) draw influence from mythology. That's not my problem; My problem is that she thinks it makes her story COOL.

The whole three goddess thing is practically everywhere, I also realize this. I mean, I can't talk smack about that sort of thing, I've written countless short stories about the Kindly Ones abandoning their posts and feigning as normal people.

It just annoys me that she feel so confident in the uniqueness of her not-very-unique plot that she can sic her little fangirls on a 17 year old girl who just felt like posting some pictures out of boredom. And make no mistake: She sicced them on me. Her entry may not have said "OMFG go flame dis bitch," but she did complain about my un-Tristan-like character and linked to the entry with the pictures of him. & that is just way too high school (in its passive-aggression) for a woman who is either within or entering her third decade of life.

* As for my own (lack of) appreciation for her & her friend's story... I understand that this is very much my taste. There's no actual way to universally judge the worth of any form of art. (Except for the Meatslab dress, which everyone must agree is fuggin' ugly.) I'm just saying... It's kind of stereotypical of anyone that likes the things that she likes (writing, The Cure, vampires, Hot Topic, angst, etc.). And while we're on that topic--- she did not discover Patrick Wolf, she gets no indie-cred on that.

* People are allowed to like or dislike Aikea, I'm certainly not trying to convince anyone. I just wanted to share a prime example of the sort of person that enjoys prostituting their skill on TSR. If she's been polite or nice to you, awesome. I'm genuinely glad that she hasn't made a major habit out of sending her goonies to discredit the creativity of other people simply because they used a mesh.

* Though my instincts scream, "OMFG STUPID," I can sympathize with the desire to keep stuff to yourself. Fine. But when you've gone out of your way to make a sim (or in this case, an entire fucking cast of sims) popular, don't get all snooty about sharing him/her. And certainly don't send him/her to a few of your friends, only to tell others, "OMFG HE IS SPESHUL TO ME YOU GET NOTHING."

* I can accept that I'm wrong about the additional tattoos, but the descriptions of those don't sound very unique to me either. I mean, they sound cool in so far as tattoos go (I myself am looking into getting a few myself, but of a different nature entirely), but they're certainly not amazingly creative. So many people are into celtic designs, crosses and angel wings that its amazing she can go to sleep at night telling herself that she (and her characters) are the ONLY ONES.  

Concerning tattoos, I can give Aikea credit for one thing: her tattoo tutorial over at MtS2. I don't know if it's still up, but from it I was able to make tattoos on my own. If she isn't going to share Tristan's tattoos that apparently no one else on the planet has, she was at least able to share how to make them with out charging anyone.

All the same, some people just aren't that skilled at creating their own custom content. And want to download that sort of thing instead of trying to figure it out for themselves. One of these days, I'll have to check out MtS2 and look into fulfilling a few tattoo requests, since I have at least that much figured out for myself.

* LOL, emo laundry detergent.

This is entirely too long, sorry.

Because there's no good nickname for "dispossessive."

(livejournalCOLOURLovers)
blackmars
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2007 September 28, 03:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Funny thing happened on the way to the bank today....that's actually how I learned how to make tattoos. She has a tutorial somewhere that tells you how to make tats. It's somewhere and I can't remember where the hell it is.
Nor do I fucking care to.

Apparently I fucking care (who knew?): The tat tutorial http://pics.livejournal.com/aikea_guinea/gallery/0003pc8d

Goodbye Sun- I feel you on that one definitely, dear. Smiley

de Pommes
ARR!

Mostly a lurker.

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2007 September 28, 04:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "blackmars"
^ Funny thing happened on the way to the bank today....that's actually how I learned how to make tattoos. She has a tutorial somewhere that tells you how to make tats. It's somewhere and I can't remember where the hell it is.
Nor do I fucking care to.

Apparently I fucking care (who knew?): The tat tutorial http://pics.livejournal.com/aikea_guinea/gallery/0003pc8d

There it is~! For some reason I thought it was over at MtS2, but I guess it's at her LJ. Maybe it was over at MtS2 at some point.

Doesn't matter, I found another one that shows you how to do *overlay* tattoos.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost.php?p=1711850&postcount=1

Which actually suits my purposes better. I don't like tattoos to be genetic.

blackmars
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2007 September 28, 04:10:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forgot about the new overlay ones. I'm going to have to check that tutorial out also. It's a pain to have genetic tattoos, so thanks for the linkage to that. Smiley

de Pommes
ARR!

Mostly a lurker.

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2007 September 28, 04:15:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "blackmars"
I forgot about the new overlay ones. I'm going to have to check that tutorial out also. It's a pain to have genetic tattoos, so thanks for the linkage to that. :)

:D No problem. They were a pleasant surprise when I decided to search for the tutorial Aikea put up.

dorquemada
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2007 September 28, 06:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude, not wanting to share your Sims is one thing, but handing them out and then getting pissy about them being, you know, used is a whole'nother thing. She gotta set her priorities set - either keep them to herself and get no fangirls, or post them and get her ego fed, but be aware her precious creatures ain't safe anymore. And even one is annoyed by that, it's not difficult to calculate that a hissy fit would make you look daft and keep your emo reaction to self.

Comparisons with Gaiman are ridiculous even if they aren't in AG's favour (duh!), because one is a world famous yet self-conscious writer with great sense of humour, and another is a e-drama queen who makes emo soapies out of goofy goofy game.

Aaaand here be a little makeover for ya'll:

Tristan the Lumberjack - look how happy he is, poor darling! Bet that meanie Aikea never allows him to smustle because that's sooo not emo.  Cool

The Pirate Party!
_____
Every time you can has, God kills a lolcat.
de Pommes
ARR!

Mostly a lurker.

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2007 September 28, 06:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "dorquemada"
Dude, not wanting to share your Sims is one thing, but handing them out and then getting pissy about them being, you know, used is a whole'nother thing. She gotta set her priorities set - either keep them to herself and get no fangirls, or post them and get her ego fed, but be aware her precious creatures ain't safe anymore. And even one is annoyed by that, it's not difficult to calculate that a hissy fit would make you look daft and keep your emo reaction to self.

Comparisons with Gaiman are ridiculous even if they aren't in AG's favour (duh!), because one is a world famous yet self-conscious writer with great sense of humour, and another is a e-drama queen who makes emo soapies out of goofy goofy game.

Aaaand here be a little makeover for ya'll:

Tristan the Lumberjack - look how happy he is, poor darling! Bet that meanie Aikea never allows him to smustle because that's sooo not emo.  8)

OMFG awesome!

It's funny because while I do credit Aikea on her distinct sims... goddamn does Tristan look fugly without his eyeshadow, tight pants and luscious girl hair.

Lumberjacks pwn though.

Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: 2007 September 28, 07:26:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, sims are some facial variables and then whatever eyes, skin, and hair you decide to slap on em.

Maybe it's because I have bred most of my sims, but even the ones I love, I'm not too attached to.

I haven't bothered to share any (aside from my Firefly ones), but I'd be tickled to see any of those in someone's pics, as well as any that looked a bit like mine just by coincidence.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: