PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 03:22:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  EA has been SUED 5 TIMES MERRY CHRISTMAS EA MUHAHA ARR!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EA has been SUED 5 TIMES MERRY CHRISTMAS EA MUHAHA ARR!  (Read 101892 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
Re: EA has been SUED ARR!
« Reply #135 on: 2008 October 07, 15:18:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be a very poor business decision for EA to pull out of the PC market if this suit proceeds. Therefore, it is very likely.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Nightmare
ARR!

Grammar this moron: Besame el culo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: 2008 October 07, 15:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be a very poor business decision for EA to pull out of the PC market if this suit proceeds. Therefore, it is very likely.

Iīm not so sure, EA has widely invested on Securom, if they have to drop it and with additional fees to users they may end with HUGE debts. If they donīt want to face bankrupt, they must provide a reliable way of paying it, and I donīt think no bank will give them credits if they plan to abandon PC gaming....

guys, some additional news (found by CraigDolphin on the Prism) it looks like there's going to be a MassEffect lawsuit rolling into the original Spore lawsuit..

and it has been confirmed, the second lawsuit at this stage only covers the US (the first lawsuit is worldwide).. I've had it confirmed by Writin Reg who's in phone contact with the lawyers.

I think you have had a bit of chaos there lady.

Girard Gibbs lawfirm wants to make an investigation to Spore which will be US only.

Kamber Edelson lawfirm, the one who started the Global lawsuit, will start another global one in Mass Effect.

There are some of the best peeps of the web like 13thHouR and Sblade who are helping them. and rumours are heard about they maybe present at court

Die! Securom! Die!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2008 October 07, 16:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Iīm not so sure, EA has widely invested on Securom, if they have to drop it and with additional fees to users they may end with HUGE debts. If they donīt want to face bankrupt, they must provide a reliable way of paying it, and I donīt think no bank will give them credits if they plan to abandon PC gaming....
Hence it's an absolutely horrible business decision, making it even more likely for them.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Nightmare
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: 2008 October 07, 17:13:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hence it's an absolutely horrible business decision, making it even more likely for them.

True, I had forgotten who was in charge of EA, so this seems more like him.  The damn JR says: if I sunk EA sunks

Wonder who will teach this a lesson...

Die! Securom! Die!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2008 October 07, 18:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most likely the board of directors or the shareholders or whoever it is that's in charge of hiring/firing a CEO of a large corporation. I can't remember if I read somewhere that JR had worked at Sony Corp, because if he did, that could be construed as something very ugly... Gotta see if I can find that information if someone else doesn't beat me to it. Sorry my brain is run down, I've been putting a great deal of time in on fixing things that don't work around here and maybe get two hours of rest out of twenty-four. Will Sblade or 13thHouR be able to participate in court if they aren't citizens of the US? No offense is meant by that, I just don't know who is acceptable and allowed to testify in a lawsuit procedure such as this.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: 2008 October 07, 18:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

John Riccitiello is the CEO of Electronic Arts (EA).[2]

He received his B.S. degree from the Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley. [1]

He then worked in a variety of consumer product companies including the The Clorox Company (Brand Manager), PepsiCo (Group Marketing Director), Haagen-Dazs International (Managing Director), Wilson Sporting Goods (President and Chief Executive Officer), and Sara Lee Corporation (President and Chief Executive Officer, Bakery Division).[1]

From October 1997 though April 2004, President and Chief Operating Officer of Electronic Arts [1]. He then left EA and co-founded Elevation Partners,[1] where Riccitiello served as Managing Director. In 2007, Riccitiello was re-hired by EA, this time to serve as CEO.

from the Wikipedia

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
KatrinaHighKick
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2008 October 07, 18:50:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's doing such a great job as CEO that I like to think that his B.S. degree was NOT for "Bachelor of Science"...  Roll Eyes

Paysites? Just say Arr!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2008 October 07, 18:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Much thanks, SoggyFox. Now, do you have a good remedy for defogging brains and making them work normally?

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: 2008 October 07, 19:42:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best one is a nap.  If you can tell yourself that you will refreshed until you fall asleep, even an hour can help.

The other option is a nice cup of tea or some fruit juice.

www.thestormradio.com
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2008 October 07, 19:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*grabs the pomegranite-blueberry juice and swigs* Whoa, that stuff has a bite!

Nightmare
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: 2008 October 07, 20:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most likely the board of directors or the shareholders or whoever it is that's in charge of hiring/firing a CEO of a large corporation. I can't remember if I read somewhere that JR had worked at Sony Corp, because if he did, that could be construed as something very ugly... Gotta see if I can find that information if someone else doesn't beat me to it. Sorry my brain is run down, I've been putting a great deal of time in on fixing things that don't work around here and maybe get two hours of rest out of twenty-four. Will Sblade or 13thHouR be able to participate in court if they aren't citizens of the US? No offense is meant by that, I just don't know who is acceptable and allowed to testify in a lawsuit procedure such as this.

According to my spies, the fucking assholes messed BOTH the MEPC and SPORE EULAīs putting California as the state law.

But they have messed it for good see:

13.  Governing Law. This License shall be governed by and construed (without regard to conflicts or choice of law principles) under the laws of the State of California as applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely in California between California residents. Unless expressly waived by EA in writing for the particular instance or contrary to local law, the sole and exclusive jurisdiction and venue for actions related to the subject matter hereof shall be the California state and federal courts having within their jurisdiction the location of EA’s principal corporate place of business.  Both parties consent to the jurisdiction of such courts and agree that process may be served in the manner provided herein for giving of notices or otherwise as allowed by California or federal law.  The parties agree that the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (Vienna, 1980) shall not apply to this License or to any dispute or transaction arising out of this License.

Can you override and see that the parties agree that an international law shall not apply to a License you are told long way after you have paid and opened the product?

Iīm told those morons can be sued in Europe too by putting this EULA in products sold inside the European Union.

OK, everytime I see an EA logo Iīll point and laugh.

Definitely Forrest Gump is more intelligent than those shitting EA management  Cool

Die! Securom! Die!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2008 October 08, 00:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I will so agree with you on that. They are screwed so badly that not even a Quantum Leap would get them out of this.

ETA: It was Rod Humble that worked for Sony before going to EA Games, my bad.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 08, 02:45:02 by Paden » Logged

Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2008 October 08, 18:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: It was Rod Humble that worked for Sony before going to EA Games, my bad.
Oh? Now that's interesting. Didn't SecuROM crop up around the same time he appeared on the scene? I would not be suprised in the slightest if he was a key player in getting SecuROM into EA video games. Hm...

I notice he's been promoted to Head of The Sims Division. Urgh. Now he has complete power to ruin The Sims series even MOAR!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: 2008 October 08, 18:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I think what I read, he's been there since 2004-05, well before securom - Securom was when JR became ceo, iirc.

Humble is a dreamer/geek.  His work at Sony was as a designer, not as any sort of corporate type.  I think he's just in charge of development, judging from what I can find and read.

www.thestormradio.com
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2008 October 08, 18:53:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still though, he has connections. He may not have actively pursued SecuROM, but EA or Sony may have used him to get to the other party. In fact, I could just imagine Sony wanting to tempt EA into using their crappy product... Or EA persuading him to help them out in exchange for a promotion. Well that's what I like to think happened anyway, as the actual events are likely quite boring and uninteresting.

Also, someone shoot J.R.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 08, 19:02:54 by Pirate Alex » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: