PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 13:51:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 588706 times)
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #1710 on: 2007 September 12, 18:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol:

I just went to the official site and clicked on the fansites page. I wanted to see if MTS2 was there. They still haven't added MTS2 back, but I realised that you can report any site on the fansites list, including TSR, if you think the content is not appropriate.

Since they managed to get MTS2 off the fansites page, I think it is only fair we try to return the favour.

It is a long shot, but we can always try...  :wink:

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
thecheese
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: 2007 September 13, 01:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow...that is nasty.

firmly believe in the cat macros.
blackmars
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: 2007 September 13, 04:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I clicked the happy little "Report This Site" link next to TSR. Doubt EAxis will look into anything concerning their little beloved fansite though. But maybe they will.

By the way: who in the hell made that thing anyhow?

It's the Otherworld invading...oh that's a paysite~

"In the end the crew became restless, petty and insolent. So we killed them."
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: 2007 September 13, 04:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone named Solfal?  It's on the pic, but I'm not really familiar with TSR personnel.

I clicked the report button too, but it doesn't allow for any details of why you're reporting, which is dumb - I think it's a legit complaint, but they have no way of knowing that, it's like the dopey upload rating system over there.  I blogged about it on my simpage in case they can tell who's reporting (I have no idea if they can).  I'd report any site that had that download, methinks, it bothers me a great deal, but it's especially sick that EA's lapdog site thinks there's nothing wrong with a toy firing guns at kids, complete with cordite cloud.

Uck.

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: 2007 September 13, 05:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also reported them, I also found it annoying that you could not add any details with the report. Oh well maybe they will look into it. I won't be holding my breath, though.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: 2007 September 13, 05:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "blackmars"

By the way: who in the hell made that thing anyhow?

Apparently the NRA. Maybe as part of their new "Gunz are Funz" campaign.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: 2007 September 13, 09:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Solfal is Swedish.

And I have to say that I didn't find that toy pirate offensive at all. Of course it  probably stems from the fact that in Scandinavia/Europe kids shooting each other is a pretty non-existant problem, so I can see why she thought the shooting pirate would be a cute idea.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1717 on: 2007 September 13, 09:43:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "alia"
I think Solfal is Swedish.

And I have to say that I didn't find that toy pirate offensive at all. Of course it  probably stems from the fact that in Scandinavia/Europe kids shooting each other is a pretty non-existant problem, so I can see why she thought the shooting pirate would be a cute idea.

Doesn't bother me, either.

It's a pixel toy in a pixel game shooting non-lethal projectiles at a pixel child. No actual harm or violence is being done to anyone real. Just seems like there are worse mods and far more violent gameplay in other games available.

Heck, there are multiple gun / weaponry mods for Sims that actually do injure Sims.

And most of us are guilty of removing pool ladders from time to time. Smiley

I'm more bugged by the fact that TSR wants money for it.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
dorquemada
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: 2007 September 13, 11:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lorelei"

And most of us are guilty of removing pool ladders from time to time. Smiley

I ain't! Too messy ghosts. Starvation Through Woohoo is my favest non-mod killing method. Cool

But the Pirate Toy is wrong - I mean, double pistols? That's for "The Matrix" or John Woo movies, not pirates.

The Pirate Party!
_____
Every time you can has, God kills a lolcat.
alliecat
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: 2007 September 14, 01:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR has a thread open right now about pirates. It hasn't really been that much of a debate... so far, it's pretty much been pirates bad, TSR good. But since no one else has mentioned it, I thought I'd link it here.

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=342608
Irish Wench
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: 2007 September 14, 02:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because the new EULA makes it illegal to redistribute items from paysites.

This is a quote from that thread. Since when does the EULA say anything like that?  :roll:

I'm just shocked that the entire thread has yet to be deleted. Thoma$$ did of course ban the OP.

Edit for bad spelling
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: 2007 September 14, 02:28:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I skimmed that sad excuse for a thread on TSR. The con artists are claiming that redistribution of their illegally sold items is illegal, of course. There is no way they'll let anyone who isn't deluded continue to post; they banned the one person who disagreed with them.

I am more and more of the opinion that they know that what they're doing is wrong. The doublespeak, lies and deletion of disagreement are all too blatant. They're slimy thieves who don't know how to deal with honest buccaneers.

Discussion and debate are the last things they want, and they won't allow it.

lollipop
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: 2007 September 14, 02:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just clicked on the report button and it gave a box for putting comments on why I'm reproting it!

Edit: reporting
Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: 2007 September 14, 03:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That thread is ridiculous.  Most of those people have never read the EULA, and they keep talking about how much love that person puts into that content and that's why they pay.  I guess the FAs and SAs and whatevers are prostitutes and mail-order brides.  Seriously, though, we need a better ambassador.  He/she had conflicting issues.  Then they say they took the "noncommercial" part out.  They neglected to say that Eaxis only took it out of non-creating tools.

Why, hello thar!

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: 2007 September 14, 03:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How does TSR get away with being listed as a 'free site' on the Fansite Listing?  If it has pay items, it should say so.

I swear it was previously listed as a 'subscription site'.

"The Sims Resource by TompaIsaksson
The largest and oldest The Sims site on the net which offers more then 370,000 items of very high quality. Thousands of new meshes including complete sets, objects and furniture, clothing, hair, accessories, lots, houses and more. Come see for yourself!
Free site, in English"  

I reported it again for 'Outdated Content', just to see what you were talking about, Lolli.  I didn't get any explanatory box, or I would explain further why I'm reporting - because I wanted to see if I got an explanatory box, lol!

And because perhaps at one time, when they had free rotation systems, it could be said they were free.  But that hasn't happened for ages, so yes, it is outdated information - TSR is not a completely free site and shouldn't be categorized as such.  And their 'biggest-ness' is questionable.  And very high quality...rather broad statement.

That thread is full of BS.  Like they'd allow actual debate there.  Pah.  Neriana's got it right.  They divert the masses with righteous wrongness and it turns into a blindered luvfest with all questioners branded trolls and booted.  Be a good little mushroom and eat up your shit all gone, now.

Gag.  Need a maalox.

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: