PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 08:26:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Would Anyone Care to Chime In?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Would Anyone Care to Chime In?  (Read 39469 times)
simsfunk
Landlubber

View Profile
Would Anyone Care to Chime In?
« Reply #105 on: 2006 November 28, 14:33:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lauren"
I think assuming the younger kids can't debate is quite insulting to them.
Nobody said they couldn't debate. We were simply stating that they may not understand some of the larger words used that's all.

hat the...?!?
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2006 November 28, 14:35:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still on a search for the mention of bandwidth usage in any of EA Games' EULAs, but am having no luck. I'm starting to think that's actually just a rumor and is more one of those fan-created 'rules' that sounds like it could be true but actually isn't.
simsfunk
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2006 November 28, 14:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Denimjo"
I'm still on a search for the mention of bandwidth usage in any of EA Games' EULAs, but am having no luck. I'm starting to think that's actually just a rumor and is more one of those fan-created 'rules' that sounds like it could be true but actually isn't.

That sounds extremely likely  :roll:

hat the...?!?
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2006 November 28, 15:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "simsfunk"

That sounds extremely likely  :roll:

In which case, that would mean no one is allowed to charge any money at all, and the reasoning tht pay site owners have for accepting payment for their creations (to cover 'bandwidth') is irrelevant.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2006 November 28, 17:30:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"
Quote from: "FatedCircle"

They've recently started turning to their flock of mostly teenaged members for donations to cover their $200 per month hosting fees.  Yes...I said per month.  I'm thinking $200 a month would get me a decent car, not to mention I don't like the thought of exploiting the naivety of teenaged kids.  Do I think they're being ripped off?  Hell yes.  Don't try to tell them that though, they'll defend their ways until they're blue in the face.  Precious group, ain't they?

WTF? $200 a month? For THAT? What the hell? How the hell does that shitty excuse for a site run $200 a month? You know how much shit I could get for $200 a month? That site's membership and size level looks roughly comparable to MATY, which means the cheapest plan. That's *$5* a month. Where the hell do they get a figure 40x that? Either they're being ripped off outrageously, or that site is a scam and grossly exaggerates its costs to solicit their "donations". Either way, something stinks.

I recall Twain from MATY recently posted there saying that if that was really their costs, they were paying a ridiculous amount, pointed them at some better hosts and so on. They didn't want to know, told him off for daring to join there just to say that, and insisted that that was their costs, and there was nothing cheaper. Which I found mildly fishy, and more than a little rude, given that, okay, it was Twain, he never comes across as a friendly helpful sort of chap, but he did have so pretty damn helpful suggestions there.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Dai
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2006 November 28, 18:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't really consider Boolprop a paysite.  For the most part it's a forum there's one post saying that the primary admin is footing the bill for the site and that if anyone wants to contribute please do, they don't beg for money or poor mouth.  The downloads area is relatively new and they have 1 pay package on boolprop sims that costs $5, why they decided to charge for anything there I have no idea, I believe it was more of a test than anything else.  I'd be surprised if more than 10 people have purchased it.  

Boolprop had a blackout period last spring when the shared host pulled the plug with no warning.  They had the new hosting set up fairly quickly so I'm sure they didn't put a large amount of research into it but the concern at the time was  more about stability than cost.  It still is, they know they pay more than they could but they are happy with the package and the service they have, again they don't beg for donations.

The only thing that irks me about this "debate" is the ban on posting this sites information.  The claim that PMBD has adult content is bs, boolprop has a fansite list that contains links to tons of sites that have adult content on them.  They want to claim kid friendly but really what's kid friendly about boolprop is that they let kids be members and allow them to get away with being brats in the off topic areas.
JustLiz
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2006 November 28, 22:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Dai"
They want to claim kid friendly but really what's kid friendly about boolprop is that they let kids be members and allow them to get away with being brats in the off topic areas.

Hey, we might act bratty, but at least we're polite about it.
Solowren
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2006 November 28, 22:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The claim that PMBD has adult content is bs

Hah. No it isn't. Have you looked around yet? :lol:

quoth my brother-in-law:
"Boobs are way better than video games. I don't care what game or whose boobs."
Dai
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2006 November 28, 22:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The claim that they won't allow PMBD to be linked or mentioned due to adult content is BS based on what they do allow to be linked and mentioned on the site in general.
Solowren
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2006 November 28, 22:21:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The claim that they won't allow PMBD to be linked or mentioned due to adult content is BS based on what they do allow to be linked and mentioned on the site in general.

Ah, I get it now.

quoth my brother-in-law:
NoComment
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2006 November 28, 22:23:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they are coming from the aspect of adult language on this board, sites keep certain content hidden and you don't have to click on it. Well, same with a link I suppose, but they aim to protect younger members.  And in general they do not agree with file sharing, hence another reason the site cannot be linked. I am a member of boolprop, but do choose to remain nameless merly because I am a chicken shit  :lol:
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2006 November 28, 23:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tiptoeing around PSMBD, calling it THAT site or the site that must not be named or those other sites, will only make people curious, and they will find their way here.  This isn't a very covert site.  Anyone who really wanted to see it will find it, so why pussyfoot around it and treat it like it's some unspeakable thing just because people are filesharing?

And really, what are the other sites gonna do to you if they ever find out you're here (apparently I'm not awesome enough to get banned from sites)?  I suppose I don't have much issue because I'm more of a lurker anyway and I go to very few sites that require registration in order to download things.
FatedCircle
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2006 November 29, 00:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even the official BBS allows you to link here.  Well, links here haven't been deleted, anyways.  It's certainly not a secret that this site exists, and people who want to find it will, whether you provide them with a link or a name or not.  People who don't wish to download or particiapate here won't bother.
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2006 November 29, 01:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am withdrawing any defense I had for Emma/simsfunk. I have received two nasty PMs from her that included the continual accusation of file-sharers hacking, personal insults and using vulgar language that is supposed to be off-limits for that board (not to mention the unmitigated nerve of some of her raging attacks against myself). I cannot respect a  moderator from a "child-friendly" site who chooses to act in such a fashion.

I would have expected such a petty and illogical message from the BBS (and the language from here, quite frankly), but not at a site that claims that their moderators are friendly and "fair."

ETA: Yes, I'm pissed, but only at Emma; not at the other moderators/admins.
Solowren
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2006 November 29, 03:51:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am withdrawing any defense I had for Emma/simsfunk. I have received two nasty PMs from her that included the continual accusation of file-sharers hacking, personal insults and using vulgar language that is supposed to be off-limits for that board (not to mention the unmitigated nerve of some of her raging attacks against myself). I cannot respect a  moderator from a "child-friendly" site who chooses to act in such a fashion.

I would have expected such a petty and illogical message from the BBS (and the language from here, quite frankly), but not at a site that claims that their moderators are friendly and "fair."

ETA: Yes, I'm pissed, but only at Emma; not at the other moderators/admins.

Aww, that really sucks. I was hoping people would finally be able to remain civil about this.

quoth my brother-in-law:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: