PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 20:12:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Take a look at this!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Take a look at this!  (Read 72719 times)
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #150 on: 2007 August 15, 20:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Captain Feathersword"
TSR and EA really just have the same goal, make lots of money. They even go about it in a similar way. Crap sites full of stupid 12ness, poor navigation, no quality control and an over-censored forum. I think that TSR does talk to Maxis (not necessarily EA) and have taken their prepared sob-story about how they can't possibly maintain the site, "The Number 1 Fansite", without "donations". Tacked onto this are the inflated statistics including every person who ever signed up, including all the double accounts and banned members, the number of page loads, which includes all the children pressing refresh every other minute in their lame threads, and every single item ever uploaded, with sets counting in addition to each item in said set. Some gullible (bribed?) Maxoid has believed all this and has made sure EA Legal knows that Maxis relies on TSR to sell thousands of units (games/EPs).

Have I told you that I hate TSR?

TSR may well have done this.. or Maxis may well be planning an online version of Sims 2 at some stage with a similar arrangement to Second Life. *shudder* Y'think about all the money Linden labs is making from selling raw "land" and they basically did it from selling to a Maxis' type customer base..

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #151 on: 2007 August 15, 22:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just spoke to Alex over at EA there are ZERO plans to change the EULA agreement for the Sims 2. The custom content manager has always had a different EULA than BS or Home Crafter, because and he just said the same thing I have said all over the place You cannot create CC with the content manager. They are not giving paysites licensing agreements not Thomas or anyone else and asked where I heard this from. I told him it's obviously Thomas telling people he's in some deal with EA. He said NO we are not in any deal with TSR nor any other paysite.

So now, please I encourage everyone to call and ask to speak to legal. The changes have already been implemented in Spores and the Sims 3 for how CC will be handled. So you can't cause any harm there. It's the lies that are circulating now that are "P"ing me off. Want to see what Will Wright really thinks about paysites go to a Spore show and see how CC will be handled for it, how he's ensuring that CC remains free for his whole community. Then ask him why?

Call and ask if there are plans to change the EULA to support paysites.
650-628-1500
press 0
and just ask to speak to legal or someone in the legal dept

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
Take a look at this!
« Reply #152 on: 2007 August 15, 22:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that is interesting.  I wonder why TSR went spouting off about the 'change' in the EULA.  

How are EA games going to handle CC for Sims 3, I wonder.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Take a look at this!
« Reply #153 on: 2007 August 15, 22:18:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You go, Hawkgirl! What can I say? You rock. Now go tell the hysterics at S2C.  :lol:

Wouldn't it be lovely if Sims 3 had a built-in custom content maker feature, which is what the community has been begging for since the beginning?

Still watching you guys
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #154 on: 2007 August 15, 22:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no intention to call overseas, it'd cost me an arm and a leg, but I hope someone closer does call and report whatever they say in here.

To see if we'll have matching reports from them, I mean. Not that I doubt your word HG, but let's face it. EA isn't known for making a stand or even having one unified opinion and standing by it. The drivel that Fenris thought passed for an answer alone goes against it.

If it's Thomass just jumping to conclusions and spewing off (which is a very very sweet theory) then I can't wait to see how all the sheeple will react when nothing happens to back up his word. I mean, by pointing out the new EULA he, himself, sends the message that they are in fact at odds with the old one.

It would be especially sweet if someone at EA decides they want to put him in his place and by making a public denial of what he claimed in the newsletter, but I won't hold my breath.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
scheherazade
Landlubber

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #155 on: 2007 August 15, 22:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks HawkGirl thats really good to know. I still think that EA's current public position tends to hover over a lawn dividing device too much. I'm really eager to see changes for TS3 and Spore.
If it's Thomass just jumping to conclusions and spewing off (which is a very very sweet theory) then I can't wait to see how all the sheeple will react when nothing happens to back up his word. I mean, by pointing out the new EULA he, himself, sends the message that they are in fact at odds with the old one.

MizzKitty that is indeed a very sweet theory. By acknowledging that they do read and understand the EULA, Thomass and co. are admitting that they know their behavior has been (and hopefully will continue to be) at odds with its terms. I would dearly love to see them scramble to cover their asses if the hinted at changes to the EULA for future EA come to be  :twisted:
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #156 on: 2007 August 15, 23:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SparklePlenty"

Wouldn't it be lovely if Sims 3 had a built-in custom content maker feature, which is what the community has been begging for since the beginning?

YES! I remember talk at MTS2 in the early days and thought that it was a great idea back then. It wouldn't even have to be built into the game as far as I'm concerned. Just an add on like Homecrafter.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #157 on: 2007 August 15, 23:14:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MizzKitty"
I have no intention to call overseas, it'd cost me an arm and a leg, but I hope someone closer does call and report whatever they say in here.

To see if we'll have matching reports from them, I mean. Not that I doubt your word HG, but let's face it. EA isn't known for making a stand or even having one unified opinion and standing by it. The drivel that Fenris thought passed for an answer alone goes against it.

It would be especially sweet if someone at EA decides they want to put him in his place and by making a public denial of what he claimed in the newsletter, but I won't hold my breath.

No problem, that's why I encouraged people to call for themselves. I personally...the feeling I got at the show is EA/Will doesn't want to dirty their hands. They don't want to risk alienating fans on either side because it is too close to the release of Spore and Sims 3. Plus a new EP is coming up next month. I think if there is anything at all done it will be after the last EP and not before. They will take their time and gather all the evidence and financial records they need. Make sure all T's are crossed and all I's are dotted. Unless the sale of Bon Voyage doesn't go as expected then it will happen sooner. I also got the feeling they are getting really tired of TSR and EA being used in the same sentence like they are joined at the hip. Words like Thomas said this and Thomas said that. I think instead of winning friends he is slowly making enemies at EA. They're reading all the comments on the BBS. Various forums, etc...so they know everything going on. I was told they know about paysites, they know about pirates. They know people are uploading pay things to the BBS. Have they stopped any of it? No. Like I said they don't want to dirty their hands on either side.

Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Take a look at this!
« Reply #158 on: 2007 August 15, 23:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent work, Hawkgirl! If what Alex says is indeed how it is, then it seems like Thomas has just shot himself thoroughly in the foot.  Tongue

About Fenris: I mistakenly wrote to him once too (when TSR was named 'Our top fansite'). I got a very nice reply back from him basically saying 'I can't answer your question. I only do techinical support'. So I'd say he probably knows nothing about what the new EULA implies.

I'm sure others here are much better versed in legal matters than me, but I remember a lawyer once telling me that at least for laws retroactivity is only used/allowed in extremely special cases. Normally, if an action wasn't illegal when it was committed you can't be punished for it. That would work the other way around too. If it was illegal to sell cc when you did it that action is still punishable if it is later allowed.

Calalily: Thanks.  Cheesy

Ry: Cheers! I hope Armywife isn't looking.  :lol:

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #159 on: 2007 August 15, 23:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SnarkyShark"

YES! I remember talk at MTS2 in the early days and thought that it was a great idea back then. It wouldn't even have to be built into the game as far as I'm concerned. Just an add on like Homecrafter.

All 8 CC tools are part of the actual game. Including growing/changing hair. Body parts, etc...You can even make your own custom colors and textures for everything from within the game. There isn't a separate program for making CC if that's what your asking?

JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #160 on: 2007 August 15, 23:24:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"

All 8 CC tools are part of the actual game. Including growing/changing hair. Body parts, etc...You can even make your own custom colors and textures for everything from within the game. There isn't a separate program for making CC if that's what your asking?

There aren't any for object making, HG.  Or meshing.  Edit:  that come with the game, I mean.  Sorry in advance if I misunderstand your question.   :lol:

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #161 on: 2007 August 15, 23:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "JFederated"
Quote from: "HawkGirl"

There aren't any for object making, HG.  Or meshing.  Edit:  that come with the game, I mean.  Sorry in advance if I misunderstand your question.   :lol:

Your right I didn't see anything for meshing, object creating in Spores. And we won't get to see the grand preview of Sims 3 till sometime around Oct of next year is what I was told? But I think your correct we may be able to recolor/retexture objects already in the Sims 3 from within the game but I don't think there will be anything for meshing or object creation. Although he did hint around that it would be customizable as far as game play that we could alter it to make it so it's enjoyable for each individual. How they'll do that I don't know? I don't know anything about writing a game program. I think the Sims 2 is already that way, but of course I have to have my Insim to make it that way. lol

AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #162 on: 2007 August 16, 00:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw that Moune  

Sorry about the pic...I didn't realize it was that big.

Oh, yeah, I'm coming to get you and your rum Peachfuzz!

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #163 on: 2007 August 16, 00:36:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EEK! Armywife, resize the pic, it throws off the whole thread and it's just getting good now.

I really hope you're right Hawkgirl, it would be very sweet indeed!
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Take a look at this!
« Reply #164 on: 2007 August 16, 00:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh shit!!! *runs and hides behind ... behind ... behind ... *

Aaaargh! Somebody give me something to hide behind. Armywife is coming for my rum!  :shock:

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: