PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 15:14:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  WTF H&M? What kinda sellout-ripoff is this?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: WTF H&M? What kinda sellout-ripoff is this?  (Read 39074 times)
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
WTF H&M? What kinda sellout-ripoff is this?
« Reply #105 on: 2007 May 02, 19:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "fourohfourerror"
OMG I cannot stand Monty Python...100% cannot stand him.  My husband loves him to death and him and my brother frequently watch those movies.   :evil:

um...er...Monty Python is not a "him"...Monty Python is a "they", as in six of the funniest guys who ever lived. Individually or together, they've done great stuff. (John Cleese is a god, Eric Idle is a musical genius, Terry Gilliam is a fantastic director, Terry Jones is a wonderful history show presenter, Michael Palin is an amazing tour guide, and Graham Chapman is dead.)

Catherine Tate: I just discovered her (BBC America played a few of her shows)...she's got decent characters, but they're all one-joke wonders. One show was enough. She just doesn't have the same magic as Tracey Ullman did in her two series.

As far as other English funny people, I'm totally enamoured of Little Britain...HOLY COW that's some funny shit! A few one-joke wonders, but they do great development. And the characters are spot-on.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: 2007 May 02, 20:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I loathe Catherine Tate with all the fire in my being.
HOWEVER Tony Blair saying "am I bovvered?" in Children In Need or Comic Relief or whatever it thinks it was was hilarious!
And the only part of Little Britain I find funny is, "computer says no..."
I haven't watched any Monty Python. :cry: But I have watched 'Allo 'Allo. That's funny. And Ab Fab rocked when it was on. ^^

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
JMZ
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2007 May 02, 20:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't bring myself to watch Little Britain - or Catherine Tate.

When it comes to Sitcoms my favourites include Red Dwarf, My Hero (before Ardal o'Hanlon left,) Father Ted and Men Behaving Badly.

Monty Python = GOOD. Same for Allo Allo.

But I don't watch a lot of telly now. Most of it is utter shite.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: 2007 May 02, 21:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ardel LEFT My Hero?!!!!! Man I loved that program when it showed...My Family's good too.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: 2007 May 02, 21:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah...continuing My Hero after O'Haloran left was a mistake. I prefered Father Ted, though...after the first series, My Hero got a bit tiring, I thought.

Same thing with Chef! First series...STUNNING. Second series...good. Third series...a waste. (I am American, and blew away a table full of Brits by exclaiming "Stilton is Cheese One...cow and bug in perfect harmony.")

But my favorite britcom of all time has to be Blackadder...ALL four series, plus specials. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. if Pescado had hair, he'd be Blackadder.

Saffy, "Am I bovvered" is the only memorable line from C.T., IMO.

JMZ: Television here is largely shit too...one of the few saving graces is House, featuring one of the Blackadder boys (Hugh Laurie). Also on the list, not suprisingly, is Bones...where fellow Blackadder alum Stephen Fry has a featured role. That's not to say that the only good American television features Brits...our Law and Order: Criminal Intent is stunning as well. But we have our share of utter crap, to match yours (WTF is up with Footballer's Wives, anyway? What an awful waste of celluloid.)

FAQ
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2007 May 02, 21:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

House is a God!  Cheesy

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
PoorCollegeStudent
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2007 May 02, 23:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agre the stuff packs are stupid. I also agree though on wanting the clothes in this one. H&M is big here in NYC and id say 50% of the clothes i own are from there. However, i dont wish to pay for the pack. I love h&m but not enough to stoop as low as to pay for a stuff pack.
fourohfourerror
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2007 May 02, 23:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol: I thought John Cleese was Monty Python.  :lol:   I love House, and Hugh Laurie!  Law and Order: SVU is pretty good, too.  I liked the original L&O until Jerry Orbach died. Sad

ealth is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: 2007 May 03, 00:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "keirra"
House is a God!  Cheesy

It's never Lupus, and everybody lies.

Words to live by.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2007 May 04, 22:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My favourite Brit show was Blakes 7. To save what little sanity I had years ago, I had to adopt alot of the attitudes from one of the rebels. Sanity is never more scarce than when you are looking for the shit.... Also, I like Monty Python, Doctor Who, and Red Dwarf, among a host of others.... American t v sucks wind most of the time, so now you know why I don't have cable or even an antenna on the roof.... Wonder if that damn fiddler is still up there?? Told him to get down last week and didn't hear anything except an odd wailing and then a heavy bump near the back entrance to the house. Wish that funny smell would go away, too....

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2007 May 04, 22:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
....... my favorite britcom of all time has to be Blackadder...ALL four series, plus specials. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. if Pescado had hair, he'd be Blackadder.......

AMEN! Gotta love Rowan Atkinson! Mr. Bean, the Movie ("I sit in the corner and look at the pictures") And his character in RatRace ("We are hauling ass.") Very funny guy. The whole BlackAdder series is on my shelf Smiley

Red Dwarf is another great (also on my shelf) Lister and his 'vinddylu and a brew' and the Cat ("Look big!") (Danny John-jules is where my black cat got the name Danny Smiley Good stuff.

I also love the short lived US series The Dinosaurs. Wish it was still on and wish they'd hurry the hell up getting the 3 and 4 series out on DVD.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2007 May 04, 22:34:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool

(And yes, Pescado is our modern day Blackadder.  We are his Baldricks.)

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Maz
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2007 May 05, 00:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "missangelica"

Cool

(And yes, Pescado is our modern day Blackadder.  We are his Baldricks.)

LOL, noooooo! Now I smell even more funny... and suddenly I got an urge for tunips.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: 2007 May 05, 01:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a turnip..it's shaped like a thingy.

FAQ
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2007 May 05, 12:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:

*realises that her significant other is most likely gay*

HAH! I told you so! Now gieb yaoi!!

:twisted:

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: