PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 07:06:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Poser Content
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Poser Content  (Read 11829 times)
mando
ARR!

View Profile
Poser Content
« Reply #30 on: 2007 March 26, 21:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's something fun I just found:

http://www.greenbriarstudio.com/3D/Mcr2load.htm

So, yes, you are able to convert poser to Maya, and I'm sure this isn't the only plug-in or program of its type. You will still have to clean up polys (obviously) but I'm sure a plug-in like this makes it much easier to use Poser meshes in a seperate 3D modelling program (feels more and more sorry for Nouk and HP trying to do all this in Milkshape).
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Poser Content
« Reply #31 on: 2007 March 26, 23:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't it possible at all to do an easy conversion of Poser hair to Sims 2 format?  I once read in a response to a forum that someone had converted a hair for their own use in-game, but that doesn't prove it's "easy".

I do wonder what happened to that hair that Nouk was working on?  http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=213024
I was wondering how long it had taken to do that, and if it was still being worked on, etc.  It looked very nice Smiley

There was also some other thread about someone converting a hair, but it used more technical language than I'm able to process:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=218739

I don't know what this all means, but some hairs just look way too identical to be solely an "inspiration".

Since I was looking through the Free Mesh Initiative Thread I also found a picture posted by someone, showing "similarities" between an XM Sims hair and a Poser hair.

http://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/images8/MTS2_475246_Infernal_insanity_questionable_xmsims_hair.jpg

*RenegadeSims

mando
ARR!

View Profile
Poser Content
« Reply #32 on: 2007 March 27, 00:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't say this for sure, but I think you would have to bring them through some other kind of 3D modelling program first, at the very least to get rid of extra polys (Poser hair is made to look good after rendering, meaning that poly counts will probably be stupidly high).

It might be possible to make it straight to a Sims 2 format (I don't know, I haven't tried it), but I have a feeling that the file would either not work properly or would bring your game to a screeching halt.

As for Nouk's poser hair, you might want to go to the Poser initiative page or read her posts here for why that isn't happening.
Chris
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Poser Content
« Reply #33 on: 2007 March 27, 05:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CaptainJojoba"

Right, next we have ChazDesigns of TSR:

'Divine hair'
Either stolen or too similar, not only is the mesh the same but the texturing is as well - look at the piece of hair tucked behind the ear. For some weird reason its not on his minisite, but found it here - no credit given on that page, but if you view the hairs seperately credit is given o_O Weirrddd
Verdict: Same/'similar'

Theres a gap well i htink there is right at the back ( from looking at the pic.) it might just be free with he got rid of the background

Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Poser Content
« Reply #34 on: 2007 March 27, 06:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Chris"
Quote from: "CaptainJojoba"

Right, next we have ChazDesigns of TSR:

'Divine hair'
Either stolen or too similar, not only is the mesh the same but the texturing is as well - look at the piece of hair tucked behind the ear. For some weird reason its not on his minisite, but found it here - no credit given on that page, but if you view the hairs seperately credit is given o_O Weirrddd
Verdict: Same/'similar'

Theres a gap well i htink there is right at the back ( from looking at the pic.) it might just be free with he got rid of the background

That gap is HUGE - totally disgusting and there's really no excuse for it.  In the game, it just screams at you, that's how obvious it is, so I don't know how on earth he didn't see that.  If he did see it and didn't bother to fix it, that's worse, but I guess it didn't stop 18689 users from downloading, even though you can kind of see the gap in the preview picture.  Of course, in the picture it looks smaller than it really is.  Disgusting.

*RenegadeSims

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: