PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 23:51:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 912605 times)
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #2055 on: 2008 December 02, 19:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In this case, we are not buying a "site", we are simply buying the domain and server, which he DOES control. If he refuses to relinquish them, then he will be left holding the bag. I am quite firm in that I refuse to permit the paying of a single penny for the "site". Only for the domain and server: Real, legitimate costs OF the site, but not the site itself.

Please see my recent edits to my post.  In summary, we already paid for the domain and server costs for the month.  K&E stole them from us and sold the stolen resources to Walt.  We really don't want to disgrace ourselves by even considering buying OUR goods back again.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Ali
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: 2008 December 02, 19:25:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nobody wants the domain name ... it's time for a fresh start
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: 2008 December 02, 19:27:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's easier to buy the server, and it's really cheap, fine.

I really don't want to see either Pescado or Delphy running the new site. I think the insim mods should be the people running it; maybe they could have a vote on which of them would be the head admin. One reason many people liked insim was that it seemed sort of independent, since neither Pescado nor Delphy had a big presence there.

WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: 2008 December 02, 19:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This macro, I so envision Walt as the possibly neutered kitteh...

As to his offer for the community to buy him out, all I have to say is this

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
silver
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: 2008 December 02, 19:27:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please. Option 3, of course!

C'mon ... Insimenator.org is actually still available, according to GoDaddy. It wouldn't be that hard to get THAT domain, if we really wanted the Insim name (which I know we don't ... this is just a hypothetical random thought!)

Just when I think that there is no way that Walt could be any more of an ass, he surprises me yet again.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: 2008 December 02, 19:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you believe me if I said that we were organizing ideas and such and have been for a few days now?

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2061 on: 2008 December 02, 19:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please see my recent edits to my post.  In summary, we already paid for the domain and server costs for the month.  K&E stole them from us and sold the stolen resources to Walt.  We really don't want to disgrace ourselves by even considering buying OUR goods back again.

I see what you are saying.  As a community you put out alot of money thinking you were going to get something out of it and surprise! they gave it to someone else who is now graciously wanting to sell it to you for real.  

That doesn't change the fact that insim still needs an server and domain, so if you could get it from Walt at a cheap price it may be the only reason to negotiate with him.  However, I seriously doubt Walt will be willing to come down to the price Pes is willing to pay.  Sounds like he wants to collect stupid tax for his mistakes, and no one here wants to pay that bill.  

ETA:  Paden that is good to hear. 

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: 2008 December 02, 19:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you believe me if I said that we were organizing ideas and such and have been for a few days now?

Yes. Why the defensiveness? I'm sure y'all will work things out.

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: 2008 December 02, 19:32:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sherry we already paid for several months of that server!  I can't prevent folks doing what they will, but if anyone gives Walt (or whoever has their hand up his ass) money to pay for it all over again, I shall be sick as a parrot!

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: 2008 December 02, 19:32:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who is "we"? The mods from InSIM? It would be smart of you all to have a plan in place for when the new site is up and running, so good for you guys if you are already half way there.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
jokerswild
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: 2008 December 02, 19:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's easier to buy the server, and it's really cheap, fine.

I really don't want to see either Pescado or Delphy running the new site. I think the insim mods should be the people running it; maybe they could have a vote on which of them would be the head admin. One reason many people liked insim was that it seemed sort of independent, since neither Pescado nor Delphy had a big presence there.

It was just a rough idea. Pes and Delphy wouldn't run it but rather set it up and maintain it. From day one there should be a temporary council to run the community forum until things got ironed out.  Only real success I've seen doing this sort of thing are clubs. Kind of a mute point though.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: 2008 December 02, 19:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't meaning to be defensive, was going more for a Maxwell Smart type of thing... I've been watching the series most the night cause I've not been able to sleep and have a massive headache. Gotta love Don Adams, though. Cheesy

justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: 2008 December 02, 19:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone come up with a name yet for when the site needs opening.
Ali
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: 2008 December 02, 19:39:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

we've had a few thoughts and suggestions  Grin
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: 2008 December 02, 19:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We've got a poll going among the staff, yeah. And no, not at the old site, so no worries about that bandwidth getting sopped up by our activities. We're keeping all of this away from the InSIM site, none of us want anything to do with the old name whatsoever. I'll let you know when I make my resignation post on InSIM, though, promise it's going to be a fun one to read, at a PG-13 level, though, of course. Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: