PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 08:05:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  paysites get desparate
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: paysites get desparate  (Read 37511 times)
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
paysites get desparate
« Reply #45 on: 2007 May 06, 22:47:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I make up words all the time.  I see nothing wrong with it Smiley  My husband once decided to make up a word for "walking around with only socks on"  = edschnobeldegoop.  Mine are more simple, like woggly,  "something that has been hit by a hand and is unsteadily rocking back and forth" etc.

The beauty about vocabulary is that there is always room for more, because a word would not exist if there wasn't a slight difference between it and it's synonyms. Smiley

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
paysites get desparate
« Reply #46 on: 2007 May 06, 23:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of making up words, we have a big long list at school of words we've invented and their respective meanings. We're compiling a list so that somebody can walk into the Houses of Parliament (or wherever it is) and read out the names. If it is said there, it must therefore be a word and new words are born! (If it is the HoP, I wish I'd taken the list with me when I was there last month. ^^)

As for TSR's news, it doesn't surprise me at all. They're forever trying to disguise the fact they're evil.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Felix
Landlubber

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #47 on: 2007 May 07, 00:02:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy crapola. That stuff doesn't even look like I can even consider it half-assed. Maybe quater-assed? Then again I can't create meshes or nice recolors, so, I probably have little right to say that, though I am comparing it to other team projects I have seen in the past.

This is an obviously bad way to advertise. Before I was aware of the EULA and this site I still would have the same opinion of it. At least I know I can and have made way better sims than those two sims, pretty and not-so-pretty. Tongue
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #48 on: 2007 May 07, 00:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just because you can't create doesn't mean you don't know crap when you see it.
I'm not a hair stylist either, but I have every right to point and laugh at the idiot with the comb-over.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
AnneBonny
ARR!

Currently doubting your existance

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #49 on: 2007 May 07, 00:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jeebus look at how many times they put the word 'FRIENDS' all over the fucking 'about me' page. It's like the paysite posse is trying to brainwash a downloader into their twisted way of thinking.

Idiot: "Oh lets go pay for stupid shit because TSR and Co. says Its the friendly community way! I want to download recolors that make me stab my eyes with a knife, worship bloated yet gappy bad hairdos, and condone cut n'paste walls that make our brains bleed -- why? Why because we are all FRIENDS!"

Yeah I can see it now... the rise of stupid escalating.

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #50 on: 2007 May 07, 01:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Granuaile"
Oh, that's true!  Thomas could flaunt all the new talent he's bringing in from the outside, and the SA's would still post nice things and smile through it all.  It's like they want to be FA's so bad that they're willing to take any kind of abuse from him as long as there's still hope that they'll be next.

Not all SA's are chomping at the bit for the promotion to FA.  I could name two right off the top of my head who wouldn't want it, were it offered.  I'm sure they aren't the only ones either.

Anyone who thinks SA is an automatic ticket to FA is just stupid.  SA has become almost this blanket award used to consol folks who feel the world is being mean to them.  "Whaa! Everyone on TSR torments me!"  "You poor child, let's make you an SA.  Feel better now?  Good.  Now create your little things and shut up."

Sadly, it works.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #51 on: 2007 May 07, 01:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Captain Feathersword"
I know it's not all Americans but unfortunately it doesn't need all of them. One look at the present incumbent is enough to prove that. Once critical mass is reached those that know better will be forced to submit so they can be understood. Once that happens the rest of the world will be forced to follow.

Yes, because Bush clearly represents enough of us that the English language will be forever tainted. Especially since it hasn't undergone any changes prior to now, right? Let us all bask in the superior intellect exuding from your post.
Felix
Landlubber

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #52 on: 2007 May 07, 01:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just because you can't create doesn't mean you don't know crap when you see it.
I'm not a hair stylist either, but I have every right to point and laugh at the idiot with the comb-over.

true, true.  :lol:
Ash Redfern
Infamous Pirate

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #53 on: 2007 May 07, 02:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AnneBonny is right. They really are going for overkill in using the friendship thing.
However, I find it amusing that while they claim this community is all about friendship, they still insist on charging all their 'friends' for their crappy content.

Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #54 on: 2007 May 07, 02:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would have looked a little more genuine if they didn't just copy and paste the same "friendly" message verbatim on both TSR and Retail Sim.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
paysites get desparate
« Reply #55 on: 2007 May 07, 02:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I find amusing is the fact that the comments are off on each and every one of their "offerings".

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Silvercoin
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #56 on: 2007 May 07, 02:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "missangelica"
Yes, Americans are the cause of all the world's problems. We talk wrong, spell wrong, pollute the earth.. Feel free to spit at us if you happen to spot us in your part of the earth.

Ahem... A bit off-topic, but... can I sig you, missangelica? *fangirls*
WHEEEE IGNORANT STEREOTYPES!

size=9]Yes, Americans are the cause of all the world's problems. We talk wrong, spell wrong, pollute the earth.. Feel free to spit at us if you happen to spot us in your part of the earth. --missangelica[/size]
ghengisjohn
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #57 on: 2007 May 07, 02:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
It's too bad...many a writing teacher (myself included) has spent HOURS breaking writers of these awful habits.

I (Canadian) could use some of that retraining. I'm good RIGHT until I have something important to say, then a switch flips in my head and I sound like a jackass.

Sadface.

That said, administrate is pretty normal around here. But... for talking about office stuff. Not 'please trust us and give us your money!' internet projects.

hen I thought, who gives a damn if all the jobs are gone
I'm gonna be a pirate on the river Saskatchewan!
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #58 on: 2007 May 07, 02:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure, Silvercoin. o.o

ETA:  My favorite non-word is falangle.  Mmm, falangle.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
paysites get desparate
« Reply #59 on: 2007 May 07, 02:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "missangelica"
Yes, Americans are the cause of all the world's problems.  We talk wrong, spell wrong, pollute the earth..  Feel free to spit at us if you happen to spot us in your part of the earth.

I agree. As a fellow American I can say that we do use words just to sound important. I know I do. :lol:

Also if we are throwing stones then I want to volunteer to throw the first stone. So Missangelica if you will let me throw a stone at you'll I'll let you throw a stone at me next Smiley Only no really big rocks. I bruise easy.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: