PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 02:08:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 22 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 820485 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #1380 on: 2009 May 04, 10:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not really. Prior to the coining of "souping", I wouldn't have paid much attention, but now we have a LABEL for such things. And I like to label people.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: 2009 May 04, 12:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the way I always heard it was the flouncing was when you leave, but you have to tell everyone you're leaving, so you can later go and see what nice things people wrote about you.  Flouncers are notorious for coming back quickly, once their dose of "wuv me" is met. 

A typical flouncer usually flounces after a disagreement between themselves and another member, where people didn't do the "right thing" and jump to defend the flouncer.  And they write some flowery post about how they hate to do it, but they just have to leave the community, it's causing them way too much stress.

Depending on how long the community has been around, will influence the body of the post (flouncers love to chatter for hours)  If they're an old time member of a long standing community, you'll get a lot of drivel about the good old days when everyone loved each other (read: I was king shit and you all defended me)  If it's a relatively new community, you'll likely get some "I have a life" speech. 

Often personal problems will be mentioned too.  Sick relatives, all sorts of mental and physical iillness of themselves and their family members. And any other issues they feel will make you more sympathetic with them.  Their house burned down, their job fired them, while eating dinner, they choked on a small fishbone, their cat has a cold, you name it.  But, the big thing is that they're leaving. And while they don't spell it out, it's pretty clear that they're leaving because YOU the other members, fucked up by not coming to their rescue when they were arguing.

If enough people take the bait and write "Aw, that sucks, don't leave, we love you!"  then the flouncer will usually come back, usually with a little note about how sorry they are that they flounced, but you know, they were having a bad day.  And you'll get to hear more about how lousy their life is, and how nobody knows the troubles they've seen blah blah blah, but they're back.   However, for awhile, it would do the rest of the group good to remember they have a precious little snowflake among them and they'd better handle them with care.

Flouncers and the like are the reason why any time people start talking about "Issues" they're having in their lives that half the net rolls their eyes.  Because if you believe the net, pretty much every single person on it is living a hellish life where nothing but horrible things happen to them. 

It makes it hard when people actually are going through hellish times, because everyone is skeptical.   I do cut slack when someone complains of their problems,  I don't cut slack if someone never shuts up about them.  And I don't cut slack with a flouncer.   If I was going to leave a group for personality clash (which is always the reason of the flouncer, if they admit it or not) I'd privately notify those who I was close to, just to let them know the reasons, and that they were welcome to keep in touch another way,  then I'd quietly disappear. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: 2009 May 04, 14:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never heard of the term "souping" until I came here.

Anyways flouncers and drama queens are the reason I closed my form. I was tired of being a baby sitter.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: 2009 May 04, 19:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never heard of the term "souping" until I came here.

That's because the original souping happened here. Read this thread if you're interested in a history lesson. (Cala's post sums it up nicely - with pictures.)

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: 2009 May 05, 06:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just because a person gets tired of your bullshit and walks out for a time to save their sanity, doesn't mean that they've souped. Duh.

I neverleft PMBD, by the way. I wasn't here for a while because I got incredibly busy with this thing called "real life".

I left MATY permanently. I had no responsibilities there, I didn't announce I was leaving, I just decided I wanted nothing to do with that site any longer. Pescado won't ever forgive me for this (though it's not like I was one of his favorite people before that anyway.) That's perfectly fine with me; I mean, I call him a rotten bastard all the time, after all.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: 2009 May 05, 16:37:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You call them as you see them, Neriana. I happen to agree with you on what you call him, too. Cheesy

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: 2009 May 06, 20:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry if I should have put this in the other tsr thread. Moar atwat drama from coconut.

http://tsr.mustbedestroyed.org/
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1387 on: 2009 May 06, 21:27:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh wow! Fun stuff.  I cannot wait until the next installment.

I cannot believe atwa is still pulling this crap.  Seriously, what is wrong with her?

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: 2009 May 06, 21:42:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thomas is definitely feeding her obsession. The guy wants to grow a pair.
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: 2009 May 06, 21:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*shakes her head* I really cannot believe this is still happening. Thoma$$ lies to everyone! And Atwat still thinks he is god's gift to Simdom. Those two belong together.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: 2009 May 06, 21:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow.  Purely from a business standpoint, I can't imagine why Thoma$$ keeps bringing that woman back.  She seems to be nothing but a liability.  I won't speculate about his private life or what his actual reasons may be.  The whole thing seems so incredibly silly.  I love Coconut's new nickname for her: The Mad Jenatwa.  My hubby came up with "the socktopus", because of all her accounts.

Hey Thoma$$, that's what you call acting "professional"?

dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: 2009 May 06, 23:38:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anita must have a monumental pile of dirt on Thomas to get his attention focused on her like this.  The site is almost totally dysfunctional.  There might be three FA "creations" per day, and the quality hasn't improved any. And apparently it's almost impossible for non FA's to upload stuff.  The forums are amusing. People are skirting the edges of complaint without trying to seem hostile, so they put grinning smilies in every post. And everyone knows that v. 7 sucks.

Maybe Thomas really does need Anita to keep things going. He's sure doing it wrong on his own. Cheesy

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: 2009 May 07, 00:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing I can think is that Thomas, in a moment of weakness, must have done something with Atwa that he doesn't want his wife to know about.  As to what this could be, that depends on what he considers bad. I know guys that would consider a soul kiss to be cheating, and I know other guys, one who was even the president of the United States who thinks a hummer is a mere token of affection, and not really 'sex.'

But you know, if TSR ever demanded their FA's have an IQ above that of the average number on a VHF dial, there would be a severe lack of FA's. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: 2009 May 07, 00:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The things you miss when you're cleaning the house... Damn, that woman is like the Hydra, isn't she? Cut off one of her accounts and two more seem to spring up. I would dearly love to know what kind of hold she has over that twit or if it's more the fact that he enjoys stringing along someone in her situation in life. Think of it: She's single and has no children or pets, apparently. She works a job and doesn't have a social life because otherwise there wouldn't be that much flood-filled shit to blind the players with. The woman meets him and he plays her like a violin. Which one is worse? That's a tough call to make, it really is.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: 2009 May 07, 04:06:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: dietofworms
Anita must have a monumental pile of dirt on Thomas to get his attention focused on her like this. 

That makes the most sense to me. If atwa was the person who helped Thomass pull off some of TSR's shadier activities, then of course he'd continue to placate her. At the very least, he'd give her the illusion of doing so.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: