PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 09:33:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Top 10 worst Paysites since TS1 days
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Top 10 worst Paysites since TS1 days  (Read 27631 times)
Broomhilda
ARR!

View Profile
Top 10 worst Paysites since TS1 days
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 30, 13:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simfreaks (for trying to bend me over)
TSR (for being Sucky)
Peggy (for giving me eye twitch)
 :lol:

url=http://www.freewebs.com/moneybetterspent/]Money Better Spent[/url]
happycowlover
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 30, 14:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. SimFreraks (This was the first sims site I ever been on back in TS1 days and I was overjoyed at all of the clothes they had....until I realized that most if it were pay and I didn't have a clue on how to download them)
2. TSR (I was pissed when I saw that their stuff was pay back in TS1 days. It was around the time I had just found about downloads)

I thought Peggy started when TS2 came out. Wow, she's been ripping people off for a long time then.
Broomhilda
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 May 30, 14:59:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "happycowlover"
1. SimFreraks (This was the first sims site I ever been on back in TS1 days and I was overjoyed at all of the clothes they had....until I realized that most if it were pay and I didn't have a clue on how to download them)
2. TSR (I was pissed when I saw that their stuff was pay back in TS1 days. It was around the time I had just found about downloads)

I thought Peggy started when TS2 came out. Wow, she's been ripping people off for a long time then.

No, I think I screwed that up. :oops:
I don't remember her being around for sims 1.
I just hate her site, it looks like Rainbow Brite puked on it. :lol:

url=http://www.freewebs.com/moneybetterspent/]Money Better Spent[/url]
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 May 30, 15:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, Peggy started with sims1. She seems to have deleted her old site, though, so I cannot find it. I guess it was not profitable enough anymore.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Rovam
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 May 30, 15:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hah. I asked Peggy if she'd send me her Sims 1 stuff a while after that section closed down, and got a reply back saying that "in fact the Sims1 has been closed". And I got called "dear friend" a lot. Which was, um... nice. >_>

My "top" 3 would be TSR, SimChic and Exnem (although the latter mainly because Exnem and LyricLee piss me off, not necessarily due to any quality issues).
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 June 02, 15:29:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) TSR
2) SimFreaks
3) Carla Niven
4) Peggy
5) SimChic
6) VitaSims  :roll:

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Modo
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 June 02, 16:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Killer sims has to be the worst paysite from the sims1 days!
pepelutivursky
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 June 02, 18:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, I personally never cared for WellDressed Sim after they went pay or Sim Freaks.
zombiepiratelechuck
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 June 03, 04:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. exnem...who the hell would pay good money for skins with pores? deep pores. pores so deep, you could have a clambake in them.  :shock:
2. peggy...for charging way too much money for giant gaps, horrible textures, and vomit-inducing colours.
3. xmsims...i know they're mostly free, but they do have a few sub-par donation items. there is most certainly such a thing as too much bumpmapping!  :evil:
4. vitasims...ARGH!
5. simchic...the textures look like shit in game no matter how high you have your graphics settings.
bohemianscribe
Landlubber

Sailing the seven seas

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 June 03, 13:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. TSR
Not only is it mostly pay but;
- Bad bad website design - cluttered and not user friendly
- Ad Banners - flashing ad banners I should add
- Downloading  the actual site is like pulling teeth - it takes forever and that's on broadband connection

2. Reflex Sims
I detest any site that offers 'free recolours' then follows it up with "You'll have to donate if you want the meshes". Well damn, that's just false advertising.

I bought the game, not paying for CC.

Icon from here.
Modo
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2007 June 03, 13:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wall Sims

You get taken in at how much you get for one set, but once it is in your game, it looks kind of crap.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 June 04, 09:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) Peggy. Every time I went there I swear my testicles would shrink. Lighten up on the psycho-cute, ya greedy dollar-whore.

2) Simfreaks. I've only been there a couple of times but it just LOOKS seriously fucked up.

3) VitaSims. For wonderfully appealing unusable shit no one beats Vita Sims. (and yes, I have been suckered by them)
Elyssa
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 June 05, 15:11:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pandoras.  

I donated for some of the realistic skintones when the sims 2 was new and all we had was fugly maxis barbie doll stuff.

I think the pandora skins were almost as bad.  Yes they had realistic body parts but they also had really ugly tattoos and their rainbow skins weren't all that great.  Bleah.

And of course, TSR.  Now they have so much crap I can't believe that they manage to keep all of it in their vaults.  Some is good like the victorian furniture from Cashcroft but most of the stuff is..."wow...wtf is that?Huh"

And where would we be wihtout Peggy Wink  I really don't know which one to list first.  They're all pretty bad.
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 June 07, 02:07:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pandora, by far. Not only are the 'original' things horrid and ugly, but he doesn't even bother to make most of his own content. And wasn't it Numenor who wrote him telling him to remove his free content from a pay site, and the owner had the gall to write him back and say that according to the EULA, he had every right to post it and sell it? In that case, that little ass gets exactly what he deserves by having his own shitty work taken by pirates.

It still makes me mad.

And second, any site that takes outside 3D meshes and converts them to sell without doing anything to reduce the poly count. Of course, none of those sites warn potential donators that their 'products' will slow down their games and that even the smallest decorative objects sometimes have many times the amount of vertices of a maxis object. That would be bad for buisness!

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 June 07, 02:21:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "liegenschonheit"
Pandora, by far. Not only are the 'original' things horrid and ugly, but he doesn't even bother to make most of his own content. And wasn't it Numenor who wrote him telling him to remove his free content from a pay site, and the owner had the gall to write him back and say that according to the EULA, he had every right to post it and sell it? In that case, that little ass gets exactly what he deserves by having his own shitty work taken by pirates.

It still makes me mad.

This almost pisses me off enough to join Pandora just to add whatever is not already in the booty.

Any altruistic pirates out there?

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: