PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 16:50:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Not paysite-related : Delphy lols.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Not paysite-related : Delphy lols.  (Read 151318 times)
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
Not paysite-related : Delphy lols.
« Reply #510 on: 2007 June 09, 18:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

European view of Americans is so skewed that I can't even laugh at it anymore.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #511 on: 2007 June 09, 23:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't worry - Australians hate Americans too.

But no one cares.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #512 on: 2007 June 10, 00:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, I'm American and I hate everyone.

Except Calalily's avatar. I've grown strangely fond of it.

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Silvercoin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 2007 June 10, 02:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
But no one cares.
Really? I didn't know that. Huh.
But Australians gave us Steve-O, a nifty accent and the Outback Steakhouse jingle, plus it's fun watching them wrassle crocs on television and read mock Australian hate sites. Did you know your government ripped off Austria? Tsk, tsk.

size=9]Yes, Americans are the cause of all the world's problems. We talk wrong, spell wrong, pollute the earth.. Feel free to spit at us if you happen to spot us in your part of the earth. --missangelica[/size]
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #514 on: 2007 June 10, 03:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Steve-O is an american, he was just born in England.  At least if IMDB is to be believed.  Of course after reading the sleeve of my new CD, I wonder how accurate anything you read is...

If anyone wants a laugh and knows anything at all about 80s music, how to use a map, or Georgia in the US [ not the Russian one ], here is the funny part.

---Additional note, I happen to have lived in said area for over 25 years now---

'Guadalcanal Diary was one of the most underrated bands to come out of the Athens music scene of the 1980s. ... Formed by ... in 1981 in Marietta Georgia, a suburb of Athens.'

Now, of course they were underrated - they weren't a part of the Athens scene, they were a part of the Atlanta scene.

Atlanta is maybe 15 minutes away from Marietta, while Athens is like 2+ hours away from Marietta.

The point?  Well, its funny, it still brings me to tears, and it illustrates that its hard to be sure on anything anymore.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee.  I didn't get enough sleep today.  Here, have some rum.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
MoonDragon
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 2007 June 10, 03:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

American here!  *waves*  The only thing that offended me about Janet Jackson's nip slip was that she obviously did it hoping to bolster her sagging career.  Tits may help jumpstart a career or keep popular starlettes in the limelight but they don't help washed-up aging celebs much.  I have to wonder though if the timing had anything to do with the "young Janet Jackson" bit in Shake Your Tailfeather.  Maybe when she was plotting all of it she was sniffing and thinking, "I'm not old!"
cheekylilgirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2007 June 10, 03:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But no one cares.

We do? LOL.  I wasn't aware of that.  

Hate is such a strong word for everyone to be using when it comes to stereotypes and generalisations.

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 2007 June 10, 03:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ensign EO"
Sometimes it seems like the people who aren't living in the US care more about what goes on here than the majority of those who actually do live here.  Especially when it comes to things they can pick at and be like, "God damn those Americans.  This is why I hate/dislike/make fun of/spit on/piss on them."

Ugh, this. I have a friend from New Zealand who insists on linking me to articles about fucked up happenings in this country like it somehow justifies the stereotypes. Hilariously, I'm not included in these stereotypes, and I'm not sure how she rationalizes that.

Plus, from what I've heard, it's not like New Zealand is a bastion of sane and rational people, sooo....
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2007 June 10, 03:51:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MoonDragon"
American here!  *waves*  The only thing that offended me about Janet Jackson's nip slip was that she obviously did it hoping to bolster her sagging career.  Tits may help jumpstart a career or keep popular starlettes in the limelight but they don't help washed-up aging celebs much.  I have to wonder though if the timing had anything to do with the "young Janet Jackson" bit in Shake Your Tailfeather.  Maybe when she was plotting all of it she was sniffing and thinking, "I'm not old!"

Ever since she lost that weight recently, I see her half nude in nearly every pic. The less clothes she wears, the more I dislike her which is sad because I actually think she's talented. If only she'd stop trying to compete with the younger singers and accept that she's older.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
MoonDragon
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 2007 June 10, 04:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Feverish"
Ever since she lost that weight recently, I see her half nude in nearly every pic. The less clothes she wears, the more I dislike her which is sad because I actually think she's talented. If only she'd stop trying to compete with the younger singers and accept that she's older.

Meh.  I miss Janet 1.0 ... the one with the birth nose who was cute and spunky and sang songs that were equally so.  I stopped buying her albums after janet.  I still dig her voice, but this "20 Y.O." business and all the tit flashin' ... mid-life crisis anyone?

Janet sez:
"The idea is simple," says Janet. "The idea is about looking forward, even as we look back."
"Twenty years ago," Janet explains, "Control was released. That's the moment when I made an artistic commitment to express just what I was feeling. These twenty years are the story of that artist growing up—changing, celebrating, hurting, healing, but always revealing my innermost soul. Now I'm celebrating those twenty years by pushing the envelope further. I'm moving in a new direction, a direction that embraces and builds on everything I've done in the past."

I sez that is baloney.  Not many people are going to read that line of crap let alone buy it.  I see an airbrushed album cover with her trying to look as much like a virgin about to be deflowered as possible ... hmm.

Whatever happened to aging gracefully?  That is what I plan to do.  Yes 40, 50, 60, etc can still be sexy but be age-appropriate or run the risk of people thinking your mentality matches your childish wardrobe.

Sexy is good, sultry is even better, but whorish is just so Paris Hilton.  Pretending to be barely legal while doing it, (especially when everyone knows your age,) is even more retarded.

Weeeh!!  Rant!!  Cheesy
Silvercoin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2007 June 10, 04:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SoggyFox"
Steve-O is an american, he was just born in England. At least if IMDB is to be believed. Of course after reading the sleeve of my new CD, I wonder how accurate anything you read is...
I don't know about that. My equally reliable *COUGH* source, Wikipedia, says he was Australian. Plus the article of Steve that I'm seeing on IMDB says Australia, too.

As for Janet Jackson... Damaging to children? Um, no. Do kids not have nipples anymore? I do think what she did was trashy, though. Clothes weren't invented so we could all walk around naked, and I'm not particularly interested in seeing her anatomy or hearing the bitchfest soon to follow.

size=9]Yes, Americans are the cause of all the world's problems. We talk wrong, spell wrong, pollute the earth.. Feel free to spit at us if you happen to spot us in your part of the earth. --missangelica[/size]
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 2007 June 10, 04:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MoonDragon"

Meh.  I miss Janet 1.0 ... the one with the birth nose who was cute and spunky and sang songs that were equally so.  I stopped buying her albums after janet.  I still dig her voice, but this "20 Y.O." business and all the tit flashin' ... mid-life crisis anyone?

Whatever happened to aging gracefully?  That is what I plan to do.  Yes 40, 50, 60, etc can still be sexy but be age-appropriate or run the risk of people thinking your mentality matches your childish wardrobe.

Sexy is good, sultry is even better, but whorish is just so Paris Hilton.  Pretending to be barely legal while doing it, (especially when everyone knows your age,) is even more retarded.

Weeeh!!  Rant!!  Cheesy

Ditto. I loved her Pleasure Principle and Rythmn Nation videos. She still looks good but she has a problem with presentation.
But please don't mention Paris Hilton. For the love of all the little starving paysite chilluns, lets not get into that mess.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #522 on: 2007 June 10, 06:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Silvercoin"
But no one cares.
Really? I didn't know that. Huh.
But Australians gave us Steve-O, a nifty accent and the Outback Steakhouse jingle, plus it's fun watching them wrassle crocs on television and read mock Australian hate sites. Did you know your government ripped off Austria? Tsk, tsk.

I have never heard of Steve-o, but it is entirely possible that he is one of the many os we have here - certainly knows how to give himself an Australian nickname (unless the secret is out).

We've had a few letters to the editor in newspapers from Americans about how they didn't know Aussies hated them until they got here - which of course makes us hate them more because they're so damn insular.  Our nickname for Yanks here in Queensland is "Seppos" - a rhyming slang insult (Yank - Septic Tank - hence Seppos).

Personally, I hate Americans as a group, after years of watching television, and watching the stupid stereotypes of Australians, but have no problem with an individual, and often find them quite nice.

Quote from: "Aquamarine"
Plus, from what I've heard, it's not like New Zealand is a bastion of sane and rational people, sooo....

Ah! You've been talking to Australians. We hate Kiwis too.....actually, I can't think of a group we don't hate.  Maybe Pescado lives here.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #523 on: 2007 June 10, 06:26:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No worries, mate, I'm an American, and I pretty much hate Americans in the collective as well.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2007 June 10, 06:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I hate Americans as a group, after years of watching television, and watching the stupid stereotypes of Australians, but have no problem with an individual, and often find them quite nice.

TV is not a good source for factual information. It is biased, and is run by a small group of rich idiots.
If you base your judgment on what you see on TV, then the only good people on Earth are the ones with exploding vests trying to kill the rest of us.

EVERY group is stereotyped by every other group. No one is immune.   :cry:

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: