PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 22:00:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1075004 times)
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #1920 on: 2008 November 25, 19:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I'm being naieve, but I still can't see the 'top' putting their heads together, deciding on the technicalities and planning/excecuting this, if only because they knew it was possible that coconut would take notice and make it public.

They have closed the forums, and are having private invite only chats with no logs.  coconut can't reveal anything for one of two reasons - they aren't included in the chats, or that they don't want to narrow the field and make it easier to expose themselves.

So coconut couldn't make it public either way -  and TSR is still able to have coordinate a hack on simsecret.

Ah, I didn't know that. I'd heard about it I think, but I wasn't sure. Coconut acting as a deterrent doesn't fit anymore then.

I agree with Soggyfox on this. They're horrible enough and would certainly be capable of doing this, but there's no proof. Despicable as they may be as a group, it's just not right to point fingers without proof. I said it before, people assuming it was them, or one of them, (probably rightly so) is good for us.

Heh. For all we know it was a rabid anti-TSR activist trying to place make them look even worse than they already are. If I wanted to achieve this, that's certainly how I woul have done it.

Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1921 on: 2008 November 25, 19:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I think it would have been a dumb move if it was an avid TSR-hater.
How can you portray yourself as a better person by stooping low enough to hack a website?
Would make you just as bad as them.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1922 on: 2008 November 25, 19:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why I used the word 'rabid' but maybe it doesn't mean what I think it means. Look around, people are doing horrible things to achieve worthwhile goals all the time. Animal rightsgroups burning down burger joints, for example, or illegal immigrants taking hostages to improve their rights in my country. We are trying to destroy TSR in a non-violent, legal way. Some people just aren't that nice. They don't care about being better and having the moral high ground, they just want to see their enemy destroyed.

Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1923 on: 2008 November 25, 19:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would say that's an understatement...some people aren't that nice...
If you have to go as low or lower to *defeat your enemy*, you're as bad if not worse than them, imo.

But, let's not derail.... Cheesy
I knew what you meant. I just like to argue.  Wink

Knowledge is limited.
~Einstein
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1924 on: 2008 November 25, 19:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, well, it's all speculation anyway and unless the hacker claims bragging rights somewhere on a corner of the net, we'll never know. Concider the lasts posts my deposit into the tinfoil conspiracy hat.  Wink

Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1925 on: 2008 November 25, 19:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*adjusts devilfish's tin foil hat*
There, it was crooked. I helps you.  Grin
I'm pokin', sweets. I likie the pokey. Cheesy

Knowledge is limited.
~Einstein
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1926 on: 2008 November 25, 20:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Much better, thank you.  Grin

Don't worry, I likie pokey too.

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1927 on: 2008 November 25, 20:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know where else to put this. On the TSR forums, this is what they did with my avatar, even though I have not posted there since Oct 2007.  I think it is a riot!

Petty, petty people. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: 2008 November 25, 20:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sims Resource Strikes Back?
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1929 on: 2008 November 25, 20:21:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find that amusing!  Cheesy

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1930 on: 2008 November 25, 20:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they couldn't do anything about the insane journal I set up.  I am sure they tried.  So, this is what they did instead.  The problem is, I kind of like it.  They should have put a link to my profile here just to make it complete.

HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1931 on: 2008 November 25, 20:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are bound by there own so-called PG-13 rules.  That can't put anything too hardcore without violating there own rules, and thus someone reports it.  So they leave it entirely innocent looking to all but those in the sekrit forums.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: 2008 November 25, 21:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya. You certainly wont see them linking to this phorum, after all with thier PG-13 policy how would they explain the Smut thread over here.  We can't let the sheeple children see that crap. Them not linking here is for thier own protection.  (hopefully obvious sarcasm) .

Oh and I have been feeling crafty lately so allow me to plop down a whole box of tinfoil hats for everyone to share.  No pushing.  Take one and pass it on.  There are enough for everyone.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1933 on: 2008 November 25, 21:04:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I was joking.  Really.  I promise.

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: 2008 November 25, 22:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that this has moved on.  However, I had to work today, and it irritates me to come home and find that I've been talked about, and basically analyzed, but now am expected to just let it go, because mustluvcatz has said "Well, I'm done."  So, forgive me, if I expect the same right to have my final say on the subject as well.

Now, I am done with this. How this went from me saying something about it might be hard for her to get a real job to people accusing me of making assumptions, I don't know. I know, I know....my posts were tldr. I'm usually pretty quiet and only really speak up when I feel strongly about something. Considering the fact that I have a mentally disabled child, have worked with mentally and physically disabled people and happen to have a problem or 2 myself- I feel strongly about certain things...like people seeming to think it's really "just that easy" for a person with any kind of disability to do what others take for granted.

You said that my remarking that she could get a job was "harsh."  Maybe I'm "reading too much into this" as you have constantly accused me of, but the dictionary defines harsh as:

1. ungentle and unpleasant in action or effect: harsh treatment; harsh manners.

I'm not seeing how saying that if she needs the monies from TSR that she should get a job instead is "harsh" Harsh would be, "Hah hah, she's blind! I hope she was supporting herself on TSR and now she's out on the streets!"  That would be harsh. 

Edited because I forgot: The last part about forgiveness? No, Raveena hasn't asked for forgiveness, nor do I expect that she will. That statement had to do with me being able to forgive others without them asking for forgiveness.

Forgiveness has nothing to do with this at all.  Raveena doesn't owe me anything at all, and I don't have to "forgive" her because she hasn't done anything to me, personally, that I consider an offense so grieveous that forgiveness is necessary.   My dealings with her were gratefully, quite limited.   And yes, she was bitchy, but I never took it personally.  As far as I saw, she was bitchy to everyone, so I figured that was her problem, not mine.  Had she in some way, singled me out from the herd and treated me in a bitchy way while she treated others nicer, that would be a different story.  In that case, I would have examined myself to see what it was about me that brought out this nasty behavior. 

As far as pointing out how bitchy she was, I still stick to it.  The implication was that because she has vision problems, that somehow made her special or above criticism doesn't fly in my book.  I don't care if she's blind, deaf, and an amputee, that doesn't turn snide, nasty behavior into something acceptable.  It also makes it hard to feel sorry for her, because she got treated harshly by Thomas. It isn't like she's never been mean to anyone, so doesn't have a concept of what meanness is.   She knows what it's like to be a mean person, now she knows what it's like to have someone be mean to her.  She's got two choices, she can now realize that having someone be mean to you can be hurtful and in the future try to change her ways, or she can feel sorry for herself and feel that she's somehow special and should be allowed to be mean, but never have to experience meanness herself. 

Again, the whole tragedy of the situation is that she is no longer getting paid by TSR.  That's the only thing we know for sure.   As far as that situation goes, I don't feel sorry for her at all.  Anything else is still up for grabs.  If I were to find out her cat died, I'd feel bad for her that she lost her cat. If I found out she or her S/O (if she has one) lost their job and thus are in financial straight?  I'd feel sorry for her because of that.  If I find out that her vision is progressively getting worse and soon she'll be so blind she can't use a computer?  I'd feel bad about that.  But no, I am NOT going to feel sorry for her because she's not getting paid by TSR.   If you want to think that makes me harsh, then so be it. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: