PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 18:39:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  The one thing that pisses me off about the simming community
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The one thing that pisses me off about the simming community  (Read 6050 times)
shishmish
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
The one thing that pisses me off about the simming community
« on: 2007 March 30, 23:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that when you find something you like, you find out the mesh for it is fricken PAY! :evil:

I made a point about this in a thread, in which a creator posted a beautiful outfit for female, and the mesh was from a paysite (glamsim I believe). She then proceeded to PM me with this:

Then open that zip and find the easily located mesh. That IS the mesh you need. A lot of websites use the mesh and youd be very suprised to see how many people own and use it. So don't jump to conclusions and assume that you cannot recieve the mesh, because you are wrong. So if you download the MESH, you can easily install and enjoy my outfit.  

Go get it if you really want the outfit. Im not letting you down at all. Its a great mesh and if you were a skinner, youd understand. It isnt my fault I use one of the best meshes out there, despite it being pay OR free.

So why the fuck did you link to a site where you had to PAY, where is avaliable FREE elsewhere? MORON!

*facepalm*
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 30, 23:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep pretty damn annoying! And the answer to your question is Here. Although I bet you already knew that. Anyway all that you just bitched about is what we have been bitching about for a while now Smiley

shishmish
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 30, 23:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea I'm pretty much new to the site; I joined up a while ago but then this thing called a Real Life took over :lol: and I've only recently been checking in to this bit of the site. I'll take a lookie at the booty and see Smiley

I don't mind them using pay meshes, but why post a paysite link when you can get it elsewhere for free? I just don't understand!
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 30, 23:21:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well sometimes you can't get it else where for free. When that happens I check the booty for it or just skip it if its not there. No matter how pretty it is I'm not going to pay to get a mesh just to get a free recolor.  Although in this case who ever that was is an idiot so thats all the explanation you need.

shishmish
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 30, 23:28:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very very true - and totally obnoxius!
Shotgun Mary
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 31, 01:44:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder what would happen if I uploaded a recolor of a pay mesh and linked to the booty for the meshdownload . . . Oh wait. . I already know what would happen. But I might just try it if I feel silly.

lways remember: Do not meddle in the business of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup.
Tempest Limmerfer
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 31, 02:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And when you have control over a mesh in any way...you have POWER.
Power to take your toys and go home, hold them hostage for $735.14 (to buy yourself a kidney) and power to piss people off.

The power to piss people off? Priceless.

Never mind screwing over the Maxis copyright...it's power!

(sick, huh?)

www.limmerfer.com
proudly hosting designs by : Nii

EA Games: Welcome to Pixel Hell, Bitches! (Snarky)
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 31, 09:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some people need to be reminded it is JUST A GAME.

Pulling stunts like pulling your stuff of the internet, then rant about it on 40 different sims 2 fora will make you look like an IDIOT and a FREAK. Except among OTHER IDIOTS AND FREAKS.

If you want to go, just go, there are no obligations and there IS a real life out there. But snarling and ranting and threatening about it everywhere, will just show you are over obsessed, unstable, and at that moment you overestimate yourself, remember you are JUST MAKING PIXEL DOLLIE STUFF DAMNIT!  Grow the hell up.

THAT is what PISSES me off about the sims2 community.

Inactive
Phelim
ARR!

View Profile
Re: The one thing that pisses me off about the simming commu
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 31, 15:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "shishmish"
So why the fuck did you link to a site where you had to PAY, where is avaliable FREE elsewhere? MORON!

*facepalm*

Well, logically one would link to the location of the original mesh, right?  Even if it is a pay mesh.  The creator of the mesh deserves at least that much credit, despite having the brass cojones to try to hold a mesh hostage for money.

The fact that there are free copies all over the landscape is irrelevant. Cunning people will find ways to get what they want without shelling out.  You know, like you... being here?
swashbucklingchicken
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 31, 20:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know the creator of that outfit. I talk to him quite frequently. If there's one thing I know, it's that he doesn't deserve the shit people are giving him about this.

Okay. ModTheSims2 specifically told him he couldn't include the mesh in his file, because it was pay. Is it HIS fault that he couldn't do anything about it? Well, he could, but ModTheSims2 wouldn't upload his creation. He was simply directing people towards the appropriate mesh, and he SAID it was pay. Because ModTheSims2 does NOT allow people to package pay meshes in their creations.

If you want to whine, bitchfest, whatever about somebody not including a pay mesh in their creation, go ahead. But you're achieving NOTHING. You have to realise that some people have lives. Some people don't have the time to argue over frivolous things like this. Then there are the douchebags who do, point and case. The mesh is at the booty. Don't be bitches, you have access to it.

Or is this a matter of you not wanting to get off of your fat ass and get it from the booty, hmm?

I do realize, however, that there are going to be the people who want to argue MORE about Mod's policies by not fucking including ONE PAY MESH. Ohhhh, nooo! The world is OVER! We can't LIVE! Well, you can take that to Delphy, can't you?

-Chicken
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 31, 21:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cascais, so you think that just because you skin a few mediocre outfits you are entitled to refer to others as "lackluster nobodies" and act like you deserve some sort of special treatment? Get over yourself, please. Learn to take such things gracefully, or shut up. I for one AM a creator, and I find it deplorable that you think it's excusable behaviour to treat anyone this way, regardless of the fact that they posted a rant about your policies. Perhaps this rant was unfairly directed specifically at you, but it is a frustration that has been voiced by many downloaders about people who post free recolours and neglect to mention that the mesh is pay. And yeah, it is your fault that you use pay meshes. You decided to use the mesh, you take the flak. It's what the rest of us do.

Shishmish, at least the maker of the outfit took the time to PM you back and let you know where else to get the mesh. It IS a decent policy to point back to the original creator of the mesh, or at least credit them, even if it is pay. I personally would have added a link to a site that had the mesh up for free just so I wouldn't have to deal with people whining at me that they couldn't get it. Rant if you must, but calling him a moron wasn't called for, especially since he did send you a reply trying to help.

Swashbucklingchicken, way to be a total dick.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 31, 21:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "swashbucklingchicken"
I know the creator of that outfit. I talk to him quite frequently. If there's one thing I know, it's that he doesn't deserve the shit people are giving him about this.

Okay. ModTheSims2 specifically told him he couldn't include the mesh in his file, because it was pay. Is it HIS fault that he couldn't do anything about it? Well, he could, but ModTheSims2 wouldn't upload his creation. He was simply directing people towards the appropriate mesh, and he SAID it was pay. Because ModTheSims2 does NOT allow people to package pay meshes in their creations.

If you want to whine, bitchfest, whatever about somebody not including a pay mesh in their creation, go ahead. But you're achieving NOTHING. You have to realise that some people have lives. Some people don't have the time to argue over frivolous things like this. Then there are the douchebags who do, point and case. The mesh is at the booty. Don't be bitches, you have access to it.

Or is this a matter of you not wanting to get off of your fat ass and get it from the booty, hmm?

I do realize, however, that there are going to be the people who want to argue MORE about Mod's policies by not fucking including ONE PAY MESH. Ohhhh, nooo! The world is OVER! We can't LIVE! Well, you can take that to Delphy, can't you?

-Chicken

Nobody is giving him shit over this. We are just stating we hate that this happens. And apparently your "friend" does have time to argue because he is here and he is doing it.

Also when you say swish is doing nothing about it then you are basically saying we are doing nothing about paysites. This in some way ties into what we are doing here with the booty. The mesh was pay and swish had no access to it. I would have pm'd the person too. I wouldn't have bitched about it but I would have pointed them to a different mesh and asked if they could do that mesh.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself. Why wold I not post the site link? Its in GlamSim's TOS and in MTS2. it was skinned on a custom mesh so I am entitled to name where I got it from. Why post the link? Because not everyone knows about PMBD and SFV and it is illegal to talk about it on Mod the Sims2.

its people like you, shishmish, that unencourage people to skin, mesh, create, whatever!

Its not illegal. Its against the rules but when you say illegal I think of drugs or something. Also no its not people like shish. Its people like the paysite owners who create the pay shit and cause people to have to "whine" because they want clothes but cant get them. You should actually be honored I would take it as a compliment that shish was "whining" over the mesh being pay just so she/he (sorry) could get you clothes.

Anyway there's my two cents. =] Have a good weekend.

Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 31, 22:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chicken, she wasn't complaining that he didn't include the mesh. She was complaining that he didn't give another link to somewhere. He did rightly in correctly giving credit to the mesh creator; that's courtesy. However, if it is on a pay mesh, and you cannot give a link to here, it would have also been common courtesy to give a link to a site it was easily available to get the whinging whores off your back. That would have suited him better.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 31, 23:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "cascais"
This is cascais, the creator of the outfit you are ranting over.

You need to get your fucking cards right. First off, I KNOW your not a skinner when you have this point of view. Do you understand that I did not know the mesh was pay till the MTS2 staff notified me?

Then maybe you should pay attention to what the hell you're doing before you start uploading it all over the damn place?
Tempest Limmerfer
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 01, 02:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I skin.
My creations can be recolored, uploaded to Mars and beyond as your own, stuck up someone's ass, put on a crappy paysite or enjoyed. I simple do not give a rip.

Once, a person bitched about a color I used. My response: delete it out of your freakin' folder and shut the hell up. The positive responses? I answer at once and thank them for the kind words and create even more to make people happy.

Amazing how this works, but then I am over 12.
Ask to recolor someone's mesh...be respectful...jeez..does it take a rocket scientist? And as for NOT using pay meshes...I mean doesn't everyone pretty much get it that doing that is no loger politically cool?

www.limmerfer.com
proudly hosting designs by : Nii

EA Games: Welcome to Pixel Hell, Bitches! (Snarky)
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: