PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 15:16:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR - a new low?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR - a new low?  (Read 45106 times)
hippiechic
Landlubber

View Profile
TSR - a new low?
« Reply #60 on: 2008 February 03, 10:49:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this supposed to be Amy Winehouse's hair? Either way its still awful.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
TSR - a new low?
« Reply #61 on: 2008 February 03, 11:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CaptainJojoba I didn't say I had a soft spot for Suzy as a human, just as a creator.. :wink: And even then, with the remodel we're doing of Sublime, even the meshes from her free site are getting purged from my content along with anything else that is part pay..

I remember that post you just posted the screenie, that was slightly before she tried to convince all of the free site moderates (pro free but not pro booty) that she was saintly and misunderstood and only hung around TSR because of her "buddies".. After seeing that post, I see her free site well and truly in the context of advertising.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
TSR - a new low?
« Reply #62 on: 2008 February 03, 11:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea I realised what you meant  Cheesy I just damn like posting screenies! Woot! And the remodling you are doing of your site is a good idea, Saraswati *passes rum*

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
TSR - a new low?
« Reply #63 on: 2008 February 03, 14:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Captain Jojoba,  I never get tired of seeing that screen shot. It's the moment when Neptune Suzy went down in flames and lost her credibility within the community.

And yes, Saraswati, I think just days before that she was here on PMBD wearing her TSR ambassador hat and trying to portray paysites in the most positive light possible.

She failed.

edit for grammar
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
TSR - a new low?
« Reply #64 on: 2008 February 03, 15:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, hadn't seen that screenie before.

Ouch...

Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
TSR - a new low?
« Reply #65 on: 2008 February 03, 15:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it was one of the best moments in community drama - Suzy had not just been here but also at S3C and I THINK Insim or SFV (I could be wrong), attempting to be sweetness and light. There are many-pages-long threads discussing the paysite issue, with Suzy attempting to be open and generous and 'seeing our point'. And then someone whipped out that screenshot and the girl could do nothing but disappear back behind the 'iron curtain'.

If anything good came out of it besides major butthurt (which is always good), it is that more poeple really understood the greed that permeates the paysite community. People are less likely to trust paysite creators.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
TSR - a new low?
« Reply #66 on: 2008 February 03, 16:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, I'm not sure if I was more annoyed by Suzy or by crocobaura.  :wink:

Suzy is hilarious.

"I don't feel that strongly that CC should free."

But you felt strongly enough to start a site of your own?

"Yet, I also feel strongly enough that CC should be free that I started a Free Site back in 2005."

Which one is the truth?

Huh, so the fact that it's old doesn't even matter.

"Yet, I also feel strongly enough that CC should be free that I started a Free Site back in 2005."

Site started in '05, comment made in '06... Strong feelings seemed to have changed...

Quoting myself.  I almost wish the threads were left open, but I suppose people were going in circles.  But if for every sixty pages there was a revelation like that, I think it'd be worth it.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
TSR - a new low?
« Reply #67 on: 2008 February 03, 16:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read and re-read that spectacular fuckup of NeptuneSuzy's.  It was like mothers' milk to me.  Cheesy

It was so bad even Atwat had to come and have a look at it - so NS must have gone back to TSR and said "oh - I fucked up so bad - hope this doesn't cut our customers" and Atwat comes to see what the damage is.  :lol: The damage would be big, Atwat.

Domingo Dan has my eternal gratitude, whereever he is.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
TSR - a new low?
« Reply #68 on: 2008 February 03, 17:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
I read and re-read that spectacular fuckup of NeptuneSuzy's.  It was like mothers' milk to me.  Cheesy

It was so bad even Atwat had to come and have a look at it - so NS must have gone back to TSR and said "oh - I fucked up so bad - hope this doesn't cut our customers" and Atwat comes to see what the damage is.  :lol: The damage would be big, Atwat.

Domingo Dan has my eternal gratitude, whereever he is.  Cheesy

I have the screenie of Suzy's fuckup as my signature at the official site!  :lol:

Still watching you guys
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
TSR - a new low?
« Reply #69 on: 2008 February 03, 20:07:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the phrase we're all looking for is "big fat liar".. :lol: She obviously doesn't think people will mentally cross-check her statements for consistency.

It's going to take me a while because I'm going through each item that uses pay stuff and literally redoing it. I do regret the fact I'm going to have to take out the 2 for U stuff too and replace it.. I like Biene's stuff and there's only one or two donation sites. However, I think being on this site has just made me evolve to the point that I don't really want anything, at all, to do with a site that charges. ever.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Sweetiepie
ARR!

View Profile
TSR - a new low?
« Reply #70 on: 2008 February 04, 19:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I felt so betrayed by her. Sort off
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
TSR - a new low?
« Reply #71 on: 2008 February 04, 21:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CaptainJojoba"
BlackGarden has simply got promoted because she makes new meshes, and is exceptionally pro pay - look at her posts at TSR forum about the issue  :roll: Enough said.

Wait a momento...

Quote from: "Saraswati"
<Snip> but I've always had a soft spot for Neptune Suzy's stuff, for example.<Snip>

....Did you just say Neptune Suzy?

I hold the right to get out that screenshot whenever her name is mentioned, and shall exploit said right least we forget that Neptune Suzy had the idea to make TSR a more evil pay site,  :evil:
Grr. I seriously have to upload a bunch of houses on the Exchange with that screenshot changed to wallpaper.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
TSR - a new low?
« Reply #72 on: 2008 February 04, 22:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing about that screenshot that really gets me is Thomass referring to the shit they put out as 'fine goods.'  :shock:
Rebbie
ARR!

View Profile
TSR - a new low?
« Reply #73 on: 2008 February 04, 22:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's better than referring to himself as "fine goods".

Is "bait" a normal term in the sales business? It seems very deceptive, I guess. Like baiting a mouse into a mousetrap.
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
TSR - a new low?
« Reply #74 on: 2008 February 05, 02:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Rebbie"
Well, it's better than referring to himself as "fine goods".

Is "bait" a normal term in the sales business? It seems very deceptive, I guess. Like baiting a mouse into a mousetrap.
Yes, bait is a normal term in the marketing/selling business.

You know the term "Bait and Switch?" (which is illegal and unethical. But that has never stopped a paysite owner.)

Still watching you guys
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: