PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 19:33:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Article about paysites and EA
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Article about paysites and EA  (Read 25876 times)
aeolson
Landlubber

View Profile
Article about paysites and EA
« Reply #45 on: 2008 February 07, 21:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/583687/paysite_debates_why_the_sims_resource.html

Hello, hello!  Going to revive this thread for a second.  It's an article about TSR vs MTS2, but it's mostly about TSR's shady practices.  It'll be interesting to see what happens with this one.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 February 07, 21:23:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I love you.  You are so awesome!!!

Just an additional thought/note, MTS2 was the site that provided the tutorials that most of the creators at TSR learned from to create.  Also, Numenor, Wes H, Delphy, and I know I'm forgetting someone, all from MTS2 were and are responsible for creating FREE tools that enable the use of custom content.  I didn't know if that had ever been explained to you, but thought it might be useful in future articles.

*rum and cookies for you*

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 February 08, 15:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link!  :lol:

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Jelenedra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 February 08, 16:17:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a shame that for something written recently, they would've mentioned that MST2 no longer contains adult content.

The problem with eating and driving, which I love to do, is not being able to employ the 10-2 hand position on the wheel. It's a matter of public safety. But there's always a sacrifice.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2008 February 08, 16:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Jelenedra"
It's a shame that for something written recently, they would've mentioned that MST2 no longer contains adult content.

Yup. You'd think with a site as popular as MTS2, people who actually play the game and download for it would notice when all the adult stuff went *poof*

AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2008 February 08, 16:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Jelendra!  I forgot to mention that.  Whoops.  Blonde moments suck.  Cheesy

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Jelenedra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 February 08, 16:54:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heheh, no problem. It would give a little extra kick to the article if it addressed that MST2 dropped the adult content and TSR STILL bans it. So what's their real excuse? yada yada.

The problem with eating and driving, which I love to do, is not being able to employ the 10-2 hand position on the wheel. It's a matter of public safety. But there's always a sacrifice.
ADCO_Tae
ARR!

Civil official from TH & Banned ex-FA of TSR

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 February 08, 17:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All adult contents at MTS2 went to

http://www.sexysims2.com

I event uploaded a set that MTS2 reject because they was considered it as adult content there.
http://www.sexysims2.com/member/The+T

MTS2 is really strick about adult content these day.

I changed a lot from a stupid teen working for TSR to a civil official ( Position : Assistant District Chief Officer ) working for my country.
Jelenedra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 February 08, 17:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I knew that.  :wink: I just figured since it was an issue in the article, that the article should mention that MTS2 doesn't even allow CC Venus De Milo paintings on their site, due to the nipplage.

aeolson
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 February 08, 18:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked and MTS2 still has realistic skintones and lingerie?  Is that what you mean by adult content?  Because that's what I was referring to when I said TSR also hosted adult content (specifically, you know, sexy time clothes...especially that granny lingerie :shock:).

TSR removed links to MTS2 at the same time EA removed MTS2 from the official site listing for the same reason, one you have conveniently not mentioned. The issue was far more than nude skins, it was Stanfields creation and publishing of The Teen Sex Hack, the Teen Rape Hack and the Incest Hack. EA were as disgusted at the publication of such hacks for their game as TSR were, and rightfully removed links until this content was locked away behind secure registration. Since then, both sites have relaxed their linking policies. This is clearly a one sided argument that has been put forward. I hope you allow other facts to be presented to put balance to your very public opinion.

Who do you suppose really posted that comment?  I'm a bit amused, haha.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2008 February 08, 18:59:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR reads here all the time though - they couldn't find their arse on their own, let alone that article.  :lol:

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 February 08, 19:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "aeolson"
The issue was far more than nude skins, it was Stanfields creation and publishing of The Teen Sex Hack, the Teen Rape Hack and the Incest Hack. EA were as disgusted at the publication of such hacks for their game as TSR were, and rightfully removed links until this content was locked away behind secure registration. Since then, both sites have relaxed their linking policies. This is clearly a one sided argument that has been put forward. I hope you allow other facts to be presented to put balance to your very public opinion.[/i]

Who do you suppose really posted that comment?  I'm a bit amused, haha.

Delphy didn't create any of those did he? The teen sex hack, I'm assuming that's inteenator, the rape hack I thought was by Carrigon and I don't know who did the incest hack. I don't really have much interest in them, so I could be wrong, but Delphy gets enough mud thrown at him already.
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 February 08, 19:14:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sad  I've seen more "objectionable" material on TSR than I have ever seen on MTS2.
And it's a moot point now because MTS2 has removed their "adult" content, so for them to still be unmentionable at the EA official site is ridiculous.

As for EA, well what can one say? That they are in bed with TSR is so damn obvious. C'mom, EA's own EULA proves paysites are illegal, but EA promotes TSR as a fansite??? WTF?

Nope, nope, EA gets NO more of my monies, not one single penny. If I find I want an expansion pack or a stuff pack I'm gonna find someone to teach me how to ARR.

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 February 09, 09:10:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "redisenchanted"
Delphy didn't create any of those did he? The teen sex hack, I'm assuming that's inteenator, the rape hack I thought was by Carrigon and I don't know who did the incest hack. I don't really have much interest in them, so I could be wrong, but Delphy gets enough mud thrown at him already.
None of those items is or, far as I know, ever has been, at MTS2.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
hippiechic
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 February 09, 09:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR has the audacity to not post links to MTS2 because of adult content yet they themselves were going to make an adult version of TSR back in The Sims 1 day (how I wish I had kept that screen shot) and have posted some rather adult looking skins for little girls. Does anyone remember when someone posted a little girl mesh with boobs back in The Sims 1 days? People complained but the fact is if you look for it today its still on the site.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: