PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 04:58:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 911058 times)
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #1980 on: 2008 December 02, 17:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't this what Walt does? Buy and sell websites, preferable at a profit?

We don't know.  He could even be Eric trying it on, having failed to sell.  Where is the proof of the transaction?

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: 2008 December 02, 17:48:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I'm concerned, it's not our responsibility to fix his mistake. Had he spent some time around the community, checked into what he was purchasing before he actually did it-- well, he would have realized Insim wasn't what he was looking for. If he's willing to spend inordinate amounts of money on things he knows next to nothing about, I'd say he's just asking to get ripped off.

I sing along with elevator music.
nastygirl
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: 2008 December 02, 17:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also coming out of lurke mode..this is incredible to me as to how this is our responsibility to give this man one damn dime! If he did not research his investment and to took Kathy and Eric at face value, then shame on his dumbass Angry  I too agree with Inge, Kathy and Eric had and I believe still does have a relationship with this Walt fellow and I bet they are reporting back to him as to what the  fuck is going on!! I vote to just let him hold his own ass in his hands and leave him in the dust!!!

Going back to lurke mode! Grin
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: 2008 December 02, 17:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be honest, InSIM has been damaged beyond repair. Besides, who actually wants to repair what has been contaminated by the hand of Walt? Better to make the move and start anew.

It's his foolish mistake, and we should not foot the bill so he can escape unharmed. If he had taken just several minutes of his time to LURK MOAR and get a clue of what the hell this community is even about, then this whole travesty would have been averted.

Of course, as some have already suggested, this could all be part of an elaborate scheme by K&E to con even MOAR monies out of us. For all we know, he might be some sort of relative/aquaintance of K&E. He certainly seems to know a lot about them. It could also be standard procedure for whatever Walt does for a (barely) "living".

Pescado just needs to finish what's already been started. Get us all out of this mess once and for all. We don't need our ship to sink with them.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: 2008 December 02, 17:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be honest, InSIM has been damaged beyond repair. Besides, who actually wants to repair what has been contaminated by the hand of Walt? Better to make the move and start anew.

I agree.  And besides, it's always going to hold reminders of the people I thought were my friends but who ripped me off.  I think it is spoiled now, and let the people who were part of the InSimenator community regroup and form their own, genuine, community site.

Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1985 on: 2008 December 02, 17:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Insim has been destroyed. Only the newbs would enjoy it now, IMHO.
May as well lose the bookmarks and await the new WFIS.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1986 on: 2008 December 02, 17:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm partial to 3 - then again, its one of my favorite numbers Cheesy

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: 2008 December 02, 17:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado!  Are you losing your marbles?  We ALREADY paid more than the server costs for that site - those of us who donated.  Now you are suggesting that we pay more than the value of what he actually has for sale?   The only thing that is his to sell is the domain.  I can probably buy the community something called Insimenator.sillydomainnames for $20.   He CANNOT sell and I WILL NOT buy from him what is not his to sell.
I refer to ADDITIONAL server costs incurred by renewal post-Kathy-takeover. This is only fair: After all, if he generously renewed the server for us, it seems fair enough to pay him for the present bill, minus, of course, ad revenue gained under his brief reign. After all that rightly belongs to us, eh? Anything predating Nov will be rejected out of hand as being an expense incurred by Kathy. And we gain a server out of it. One which I am promptly going to strip and retrofit so it isn't constantly A SPLODE, but a server nonetheless. After all, I don't see any reason to hold him responsible for what Kathy did, but nor am I inclined to cut any slack. I draw a firm but fair line.

Of course, he will still lose his shirt. If Delphy's 2.5K offer wasn't good enough, mine almost certainly won't be. But I don't really expect him to accept it. I just want to hang it in front of him to make him squirm. Feel free to suggest how I can make this squirmworthy yet unacceptable.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
HystericalParoxysm
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: 2008 December 02, 17:59:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where was that new message posted?  Publicly, or in the staff forum?  Cos if it's publicly, that seriously needs some "lol wut" type replies.  In fact, I think a bunch of image macro spam in reply is the only way to respond to that kind of ridiculousness.

Oh yes, Walt, we'll get right on giving you ridiculous amounts of monies for the turkey you bought.  Obviously, we just want to pour money down a hole like you did.
gayle_afcb
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1989 on: 2008 December 02, 17:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems Walt wants out, and yet he wants his exhorbitant payment back. I wonder what will happen when we present him with a third option: The one that leaves him holding the bag and wishing he'd never heard of Insim, having lost his shirt on this lousy deal.

Hahaha I like the 3rd option best!

It's official - I haz a crazy, paranoid, psychotic internet stalker... Waves to Atwat Tongue

Sims2Artists S2A forum
Saharia
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: 2008 December 02, 17:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*raises hand* About the Oasis, yes, it probably got overloaded. I was able to get in just now though. I'll try and keep an eye on it as much as I can, but it most definitely was not originally setup to handle the mass flood of people it's gotten. I pretty much figured we'd maybe have 100 members after a month or so... Yeah...not so much. That was like the first 12 hours.  Tongue There are a few options I'm looking at to try and streamline it for the traffic it's getting, but work's started for the week, so I have to do all this on my breaks. Sad
Titan
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1991 on: 2008 December 02, 18:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If he wants out of this and his money back, than he can just go get it from Kathy and Eric, IMO.  They've been getting enough money from this community already, at some point that needs to end.  Option 3 is the best way to go, as far as I'm concerned.

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: 2008 December 02, 18:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, seriously I think it's a bad idea to even suggest it.  A large number of InSim users will think you are seriously proposing to give money to this guy and the "donations" will come streaming in like obedient sheep.   I think the irony will be above the heads of a large proportion of people. 

If people have got donations to spare, let them give them to the *new* site.

lewisb
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: 2008 December 02, 18:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this was his plan from the beginning. His business is to buy and sell sites, he never planned to stay or keep the site up. Just make a profit and walk away with the evil grin and counting benjamins on his way out. No way!

I am so peeved right now I could do a TashaFaun, spit on that site!!  I just want to get our stuff and get away from the diseased, limp mode Walt left it in. Never did he realize that Insimenator was not the community, but the community was what made Insimenator and we can make it somewhere else.  Tongue

Hey Thomass! Kiss my "disillusioned miscreants" A**!
Keep crying fool!
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1994 on: 2008 December 02, 18:01:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish there were a way to leave a big, flaming bag of shit on his doorstep.  Then maybe he would 'get' the sims.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: