PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 11:39:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1074173 times)
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2130 on: 2008 December 07, 20:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macaque sounds awfully like that one troll that was riling up the sheeples on the lj sims community.

I think s/he sounds like a pissed off FA. 

I'm referring to this:  http://community.livejournal.com/thesims2/5912551.html?thread=47773671#t47773671

That sounds like a pissed off FA too.  Just trying to justify the fact that they are bad people.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
macaque
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: 2008 December 07, 20:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still want to know what exactly are you defending here.  The actual sharing of easy to get information or the fact that it was posted on the FA forum or what?

ETA:

Putting a stupid winky thing at the end of your post doesn't negate your nasty attitude, you know. 

And you did not address the real points of any of our posts.  All you did was catch me on a technicality of oversimplification.  What difference in the real world? TSR is not the fucking real world.  It is far more insular than this place. What do you need that information for?   What the heck are you even talking about?
Hey look now, me being nasty?
At the end of the day i'm doing you a favour by pointing out that you're wrong, giving you a chance to learn.
The opposite of that, not telling you when i know you're wrong, is that friendlier?
You're still wrong if you think you just over-simplify.

Yes, you were being nasty.  I was not.  So there.  Tongue  <---I put a smilie so that should make it all better.

Oversimplifying and being completely wrong are two different things.  Did I over simplyfy? Absolutely.  Can you directly get someone's information just by plugging in an IP addy? Nope.  Better, now?

ETA Part 2
  I take it back. You are right. You can start with an IP and if you are smart enough and you bother to do some detective work, you can find someone.  I don't think Blackgarden is smart enough for that. 
What i'm saying, in essence:
* Publishing information obtained by a Whois search is not worth getting so upset about.
* TSR is not sharing your PayPal information.
* Putting those names up in that private forum was wrong but it happened a long time ago, time to get over it perhaps?

And that you're wrong about what Whois is used for OK? I'm not going to correct you about it again since you and others here fail to appreciate my efforts Sad
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2132 on: 2008 December 07, 20:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Publishing information obtained by a Whois search is not worth getting so upset about.
* Putting those names up in that private forum was wrong but it happened a long time ago, time to get over it perhaps?

And that you're wrong about what Whois is used for OK? I'm not going to correct you about it again since you and others here fail to appreciate my efforts Sad

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2133 on: 2008 December 07, 20:51:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I'm saying, in essence:

* Not to you perhaps.  
* Where's your proof they got it solely from profiles?  They didn't stop at jassims' TSR profile. And an overt threat was made by an FA.
* Everything is not okay because it's a long time ago, and it was still going on in June of this year, as well as BlackGarden did what she did in the last couple of weeks.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: 2008 December 07, 20:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That information is public so the issue depends on the intent of the person who found it. BlackGarden posted the information to contact Jass, or her host, to resolve the issue..whereas Ulkrhsn takes it further with wanting to harass her on the phone. The difference between those two users are their intentions with the contact information, and the later is something to be upset over.

Jas' information was on Whois yes. So with this event TSR was not sharing Paypal information - with this event. Others have been the opposite

You appear to have missed or ignored the fact that this event with the Whois information (which is what you were talking about...) was very recently. As for the Paypal information sharing, it started a long time ago and is still being continued. Personal details should not be shared for vindictive intentions, and that is why Ulkrhsn and TSR are in the wrong, as you yourself do seem to realise.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: 2008 December 07, 20:59:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using the reply "Get over it" doesn't bode well for you... Last guy who pulled a stunt like that is still looking for his fanbase  Wink (and lookie I'm using smilies so that doesn't make me sarcastic narcissistic bitch)

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: 2008 December 07, 20:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are a fucking idiot. TSR is quite obviously sharing PayPal information, and putting those names up was not only wrong, but so wrong that time does ease its wrongness. Getting over it would just tell them that it was okay and no one really cared, that they can do anything as long as they give it enough time afterward to blow over. And that's bullshit. Go back to hump the legs of your masters, you'll get no bones here.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2137 on: 2008 December 07, 21:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I had to go back and read my original post because I got completely lost in this whole stupid argument about IP's.  And I am saying right now, that yes-I misused Whois.  I know what it is for, but apparently I had a huge brain fart.  So, absolutely, unequivocally, I was completely and utterly wrong about Whois. 

Having said that and taking full responsibility for my error:

* It is to me.
* How do you know? Evidence from coconut suggests otherwise. 
* I did not realize there was a statute of limitations on being horrible and lacking any remorse.  That is the thing-there is NO remorse from most people involved in that thread.  We had one former FA come here and apologize for her part in it.  Thomas and Blackgarden apparently do not care at all because they CONTINUE to do the same type of thing. 

You are not the only one who feels her efforts at correcting others are being wasted. 

neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: 2008 December 07, 21:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, macaque's argument boils down down to, "you should thank me for telling you you're wrong though I have no evidence whatsoever to prove my point." Yes, macaque, your internet charisma is so great that you merely telling me that I'm wrong makes me believe you. Hallelujah, I see the light, here, take all my monies.

"Hen from a feather"? That's a very strange expression. In what country/language is this expression commonly used?

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2139 on: 2008 December 07, 21:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, macaque's argument boils down down to, "you should thank me for telling you you're wrong though I have no evidence whatsoever to prove my point." Yes, macaque, your internet charisma is so great that you merely telling me that I'm wrong makes me believe you. Hallelujah, I see the light, here, take all my monies.

"Hen from a feather"? That's a very strange expression. In what country/language is this expression commonly used?

I think M's correction remark was primarily aimed at me as I did make an error in posting.  The thank you thing was a bit much, but considering  he/she is on enemy ground, understandable. 

Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2140 on: 2008 December 07, 21:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* That is a moral issue. Obviously, you have none.
* Yes they are. In a private forum that isn't so private. perhaps not in this case exactly, but in many others. Proof has been shown, if you think that proof is false, then you're an idiot.
* No. I would never get over the fact that people are sharing my own info in that way. If it were your info, would you be so rude?

Your efforts are unappreciated because your efforts are small and infantile. Things you are trying to prove wrong have been proven right several times.
Whether the info is on Whois, it is intended to stay on Whois, not to be flouted around some forum of fools who are trying to do damage to said person.
You may fuck off now. kthnxbai

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Camy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: 2008 December 07, 22:05:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How would you feel if I got hold of your information and put it on every website I came across?  Then again, you sound like you wouldn't care if I did. 

Think of it this way:  Everyone is upset over it still is because it's illegal.  Paypal does NOT allow personal information to be shared because, as those before me tried to tell you, it can lead to identity theft, etc.

I think the reason you think it's all "no big deal" is because some companies transfer them to other companies but TSR is NOT a company, therefore, they have no right to post that information.  Regardless if it's private or not.

Also, for the whois information, many of them say it's not to be used for harmful actions.  Do I really need to explain it?  If I do, then that's sad.

Privacy Policy, meet mac.  There's a reason why sites have it.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 08, 00:22:20 by Camy » Logged
macaque
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: 2008 December 07, 22:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I'm saying, in essence:

* Not to you perhaps.  
* Where's your proof they got it solely from profiles?  They didn't stop at jassims' TSR profile. And an overt threat was made by an FA.
* Everything is not okay because it's a long time ago, and it was still going on in June of this year, as well as BlackGarden did what she did in the last couple of weeks.

My response to that would then be:

* Our different views on what a private forum is and means is making it even more difficult to agree on this one. My point though, it's public information posted in a private forum. (This is the Whois point btw)
* So do you have any proof it is actual PayPal information, obtained from TSR's PayPal account? If not, do you think it's OK to keep repeating that as a fact? (as coconut and some people here still do)
* No it's not okay just because it's a long time ago but it certainly getting old Smiley BlackGarden is discussed in the first point.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2143 on: 2008 December 07, 22:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My response to that would then be:

* Our different views on what a private forum is and means is making it even more difficult to agree on this one. My point though, it's public information posted in a private forum. (This is the Whois point btw)
* So do you have any proof it is actual PayPal information, obtained from TSR's PayPal account? If not, do you think it's OK to keep repeating that as a fact? (as coconut and some people here still do)
* No it's not okay just because it's a long time ago but it certainly getting old Smiley BlackGarden is discussed in the first point.

And my response to that would then be:

* Private forums are actually private - the fact that I could read any of it means it's not, in fact, private. Unless you're saying I am an FA, that's not a private forum - and that has been acknowledged by TSR on their front page - to calm the sheep about screenshots released.
* Do you have proof that it's from their profile - you show me yours and then I'll show you mine. If not, do you think it's OK to keep repeating that as a fact?
* Habitat shared information in June 2008.  Coconut says they are still doing it. BlackGarden is still wrong, and certainly should have learned from the information being revealed again - and didn't edit out the phone number after ulkrhsn threatened to phone her - so still culpable because she obviously approves.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
macaque
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: 2008 December 07, 22:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Private forums are actually private - the fact that I could read any of it means it's not, in fact, private. Unless you're saying I am an FA, that's not a private forum - and that has been acknowledged by TSR on their front page - to calm the sheep about screenshots released.
* Do you have proof that it's from their profile - you show me yours and then I'll show you mine. If not, do you think it's OK to keep repeating that as a fact?
* Habitat shared information in June 2008.  Coconut says they are still doing it. BlackGarden is still wrong, and certainly should have learned from the information being revealed again - and didn't edit out the phone number after ulkrhsn threatened to phone her - so still culpable because she obviously approves.

* Private forum means not open for everyone. This coconut character obviously managed to sneak in but that doesn't change the fact it's intended to be private, information posted there is not meant to go public.
* Kiss Yeah i think it's OK unless you can back it up with some evidence. And i assume you're just going to use the same phrase against me but still, you (well maybe not you personally) are the one making the accusation.
* Coconut never told me anything about them still doing it?
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: