PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 17:55:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 18 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 880066 times)
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #2115 on: 2009 March 18, 08:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: oolongteadrinker
I've been making eyes lately. Actually not making eyes. Just tweaking eyes that others have made. I don't like black areas showing when my sims open their eyes wide or look in any direction that isn't directly in front of them. Also, many of the scleras look too bright to me so I dial them down a bit or add some blue to it. Lots of people do that already, but I make mine a tad darker
How the heck do you get rid of the black, but keep the eyes from looking flat?  You want enough difference in sclera shading to give a 3D shape, but can't have the dark part too dark or it looks wierd when sims look sideways.  I've been struggling with this off and on for a while.  Currently, the sclera I use have somewhat pinking or brownish areas instead of black.  The entire white of the eye is not really white but varies from pinkish/brown to eggshell.  Do you get a better 3D eye effect if the change from light eggshell to darker pink is gradual or if it is more abrupt?  Asked about this issue several times at MTS2, but not a lot of interest in this there, I think.

oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: 2009 March 18, 09:11:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: oolongteadrinker
I've been making eyes lately. Actually not making eyes. Just tweaking eyes that others have made. I don't like black areas showing when my sims open their eyes wide or look in any direction that isn't directly in front of them. Also, many of the scleras look too bright to me so I dial them down a bit or add some blue to it. Lots of people do that already, but I make mine a tad darker
How the heck do you get rid of the black, but keep the eyes from looking flat?  You want enough difference in sclera shading to give a 3D shape, but can't have the dark part too dark or it looks wierd when sims look sideways.  I've been struggling with this off and on for a while.  Currently, the sclera I use have somewhat pinking or brownish areas instead of black.  The entire white of the eye is not really white but varies from pinkish/brown to eggshell.  Do you get a better 3D eye effect if the change from light eggshell to darker pink is gradual or if it is more abrupt?  Asked about this issue several times at MTS2, but not a lot of interest in this there, I think.
I've wondered about that too.

I guess its always going to look a little weird. It's just what kind/level of weirdness can you tolerate? I guess you can lessen the unrealistic hues by making it grey. Sclera's are never true white. They're greyish yellow or blue or pink.  They look even darker if the eye is deep set. I think the effect on figures three and four make for the best result

http://cgtut.ru/sphere/komp-light.jpg The dark part of the shadow is broken up by light reflecting back up so its less severe. An added plus is that if you go with that look, it makes for a dark rim that just happens to fall under the lid, where the lid would shade it.

I hope that makes sense. I think I'll add that effect to these eyes and let you know how it works out.
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: 2009 March 20, 02:05:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope I did this right.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=10288983ca1626cdd2db6fb9a8902bda
Stefan/Anva hybrid eyes.
My graphics card is not the best, so if someone could pretty please try these out and take screens of different expressions,(so I can continue to tweak) that'd be appreciated.  Undecided
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2118 on: 2009 March 24, 15:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question.  In testing my kitchen stuff, I learned that the plates bleed through the table cloth.  I adjusted it as much as possible, but there is still a little bit.

Should I make four tables, two with the table clothes and the whole hieght nudged down a bit, and the original two?  Should I just release them with the slight issue, or whould I go back to the drawing board on the tableclothes?

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
devilsrope
ARR!

She's filled with secrets.

View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: 2009 March 24, 16:07:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to incorporate the table and tablecloth? You could make an "invisible" recolor of the tablecloth, except, really the invisible part would just be the overhanging cloth area, and the top part would become wood or what have you. I don't know if I'm describing what I mean very well. But, if you just recolor the cloth part as the tabletop, the height won't be an issue. They would also be one object, though, so if you are wanting to be able to put the tablecloth on other tables my comment is moot.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2120 on: 2009 March 24, 16:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, except then there would be an invisible recolour for the beds, which would look really odd.  The whole mess is repository to maxis game items.  Table is slaved to the counter culture counters while the cloth stuff is slaved to the bedding.  If I move the table cloth down anymore it bleeds into the table.

Now, people use bedding stuff all the time with the same problem, and its not an issue.  So, do people think its an issue with a table cloth?

www.thestormradio.com
devilsrope
ARR!

She's filled with secrets.

View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: 2009 March 24, 17:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, the slaving would make my idea impossible. Phooey (hey, I sound like my dad!). I'm sure people won't mind the bit of clipping. I would prefer it clip into the table rather than the plates, but I don't know if you can do it that way without getting the weird overlapping graphics thing. I think the lower table height would be fine as well, especially if you're just talking about a couple-of-pixels gap.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2122 on: 2009 March 24, 22:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, what I'd do is make two more tables, lower the tabletop just a smidge so that the tablecloth would be at the same height as a normal table.  But then if you decide to remove the table cloth for something, you'd need a whole new table.

www.thestormradio.com
neo-patriot
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: 2009 March 31, 10:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have a glitch downstairs by the pools...I cant get rid of it and dont know whats causing it!

Sorry to respond late but I wanted to help because the same glitch happened to me and after a few trillion trials I figured out how to fix it. Delete the 2 rounded edges of the pool where the green glitch is. Also delete the floor tiles around the mysterious blue hole that is left. Use the square pool builder tool to cover the entire mysterious blue hole with a 3 x 1 tiny square pool (in your case), then delete it using the ctrl-click function rather than undo. After you delete the tiny pool you just built, the land should be back to normal and then you can go back and redo the two rounded edges and the floor tiles with out the green glitch. I DLed your house from the exchange so I could make sure I did it right and yep, it did work. Great house, btw. I'm gonna keep it for my legacy fam when they get disgustingly rich. Smiley

For some reason, the rounded edge pool building tool doesn't like for you to place it on/near floor tiles. You've got to put the rounded pool edges down first and then the floor.

edited for typo.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2124 on: 2009 March 31, 17:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made this - feel free to download it - use etc

1930 Montgomery Ward American Foursquare 3 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, fully furnished, decorated and landscaped, CC by TSRAA, (Windkeeper, Cat3cm, robyngirl) Guardigan at MTS2, Aussie Topenders, Numenor at MTS2, NoFrills86 at MTS2, 4ESF and Holy Simoly. Cost 116, 947

Pics- http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/arelenriel/
Download link
http://www.mediafire.com/?kttlhyeooiz

Feel free to constructively criticize this - I love building lots and have only recently started working from real house plans so anything to improve the lot - really
« Last Edit: 2009 March 31, 17:26:46 by dstar » Logged

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
neo-patriot
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: 2009 March 31, 17:38:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made this - feel free to download it - use etc

1930 Montgomery Ward American Foursquare 3 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, fully furnished, decorated and landscaped, CC by TSRAA, (Windkeeper, Cat3cm, robyngirl) Guardigan at MTS2, Aussie Topenders, Numenor at MTS2, NoFrills86 at MTS2, 4ESF and Holy Simoly. Cost 116, 947

Pics- http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/arelenriel/
Download link
http://www.mediafire.com/?kttlhyeooiz

Feel free to constructively criticize this - I love building lots and have only recently started working from real house plans so anything to improve the lot - really

The enclosed front porch--I like it! Its a good thing it matches all the Keef1973 houses I have from MTS2 because I have all of them. I grabbed it. Smiley *sigh* DL folder just bustid. Sad I stay out of this thread usually because I cant help myself and my lots that I build kindda sux so I'm always looking for more.
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2126 on: 2009 March 31, 17:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[/quote]

The enclosed front porch--I like it! Its a good thing it matches all the Keef1973 houses I have from MTS2 because I have all of them. I grabbed it. Smiley *sigh* DL folder just bustid. Sad I stay out of this thread usually because I cant help myself and my lots that I build kindda sux so I'm always looking for more.
[/quote]

If there is something specific you need send me a request and house plan if you have one as well as what you want for CC- and I will see what I can do. No problem as long as my stuff is getting out there and I'm not having to pay someone to put it out there for me, and getting concrit on how to do things better all is good.

neo-patriot
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: 2009 March 31, 18:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's very nice of you, dstar! Smiley

I love the green energy theme, too. I'll try to find a good design for a beach lot because I keep getting alot of nature sims and the only thing for them to do is hunt bugs and get chased by bees all day because the beach lots I love sometimes don't have much space for veggie gardens, orchards, lakes and whatnot.
misshate
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: 2009 March 31, 22:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(I hope it's okay for me to post here. Slap me with a large trout if I'm doing it rong.)

I just made my first bedding! It ain't anything special but w00t, it works and from what I see it tiles correctly. Tongue God bless RGiles' template (which admittedly made me go a bit OMGWTF at first when I opened it up in PS). Considering it's my first bedding and I don't know shit about SimPE (I know how to recolour, but most of the stuff I tried to recolour had such effed up uv maps I gave up trying to make it look good), me is proud Cheesy

I think I found my CC calling Cheesy No damn uv maps to worry about!

*wanders off to 'shop moar*
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2129 on: 2009 March 31, 23:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh pretty I want it - It looks lovely and comfy like something my sims would like to sleep in if most of my legacy family weren't plantsims, servos, and vampires that did not need sleep. Let me know where to get it
(I hope it's okay for me to post here. Slap me with a large trout if I'm doing it rong.)

I just made my first bedding! It ain't anything special but w00t, it works and from what I see it tiles correctly. Tongue God bless RGiles' template (which admittedly made me go a bit OMGWTF at first when I opened it up in PS). Considering it's my first bedding and I don't know shit about SimPE (I know how to recolour, but most of the stuff I tried to recolour had such effed up uv maps I gave up trying to make it look good), me is proud Cheesy

I think I found my CC calling Cheesy No damn uv maps to worry about!

*wanders off to 'shop moar*

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: