PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 17:08:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  No more stories at the EA?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No more stories at the EA?  (Read 12925 times)
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
Re: No more stories at the EA?
« Reply #30 on: 2008 March 09, 18:30:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad I ain't the only one who noticed that there was nothing on the Exchange - all downloads and stories. Bet the BBS lot have having a 'it's the end of the world!' panic over at the forums  Grin

I won't be purchasing anything else EA after the whole securom thing, and will just Arr! anything I need (which won't be much as Sims3 seems to be all they're concentrating on)

Hahaha! I can't even view threads on BBS (i.e. the one posted a few posts ago)! Wonder if thats also something to do with the crash or just me Cheesy

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 March 09, 19:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me too the securom was the WTF?! thing that made me aaaarr their EPs afterwards, so my last purchase was seasons. Well i also started to arrr stuff packs after the first one which i purchased, what a huge ripoff! Lips sealed
I also do not really agree with EA selling these stuff packs, not really because they're selling it (i do recognize they have the right to sell stuff),  but because of their SPs price. It's way too expensive for what thein contain, really Angry
And i'll arrr Sims 3 without any regret as it will have that dreadful securom for sure... Bad EA, trying to nuke all the computers!

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 March 09, 19:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad I ain't the only one who noticed that there was nothing on the Exchange - all downloads and stories. Bet the BBS lot have having a 'it's the end of the world!' panic over at the forums  Grin

I won't be purchasing anything else EA after the whole securom thing, and will just Arr! anything I need (which won't be much as Sims3 seems to be all they're concentrating on)

Hahaha! I can't even view threads on BBS (i.e. the one posted a few posts ago)! Wonder if thats also something to do with the crash or just me Cheesy

Nope, it's really melting this time.. *laughs* They've usually got it fixed by now.. I wonder if the site has a virus or something?

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 March 09, 20:31:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SecuROM was the dealbreaker for me too.

SECUROM EVEN BROKE THE OFFICIAL SITE!   Cheesy

Perhaps it collapsed under the weight of all the complaints about Securom...game bugs...neverending video card issues...and total lack of information on the official site no one can get to... Tongue

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 March 09, 20:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've not bought an expansion pack since Pets, simply because my old laptop would die if it had anything like Seasons on it and when I got my new desktop, I read about the securom issues and refused to give a company that borked computers any of my money.

I guess what with the new Sims3 site being up, they're doing a big clear-out. But - no site message? Strange, you would think they would have something up saying what was going on, which leans towards it being more then just a spring-clean...

edit: The news section has also disappeared - it just says 'No News' Cheesy

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2008 March 09, 21:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have purchased every single pack they have produced.

Stop encouraging them, Cala! *scold*

They shouldn't get any more of your delicious cookies and rum money until they fix their bad crap make amends for the SecuROM fiasco.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 March 09, 21:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Exchange is back to normal, i.e. the drudge that is sims and stories are there XD

euterpe
ARR!

Fresh cookies are always necessary!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 March 09, 21:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I the only one who thinks that TS3 is going to be seriously delayed and we won't see it before 2009?  Based on what's going on with Spore, I think we'll have a little more time to wait than we've been told.

At least I hope so--I'm saving to buy a new computer for TS3...

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 March 09, 22:14:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jfed, I think EA got the stuff pack idea from paysites. They realised there was a market for pixel objects for people stupid enough to pay for them.
They wanted a slice of the pie Tongue

Euterpe: March 19th for more news and information about The Sims 3. We shall hear then about a proper release date!

I plan to upgrade my processors with one of those fancy new ones and more RAM. Hopefully I should be able to afford it Cheesy

I am going to buy The Sims 3. Because I am stupid that way.

*a little bit excited* hehe

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 March 09, 22:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got bored in the middle of the night and went spelunking around some of the Sims 2 sites I used to download from and chanced upon Sapphire Sims 2, which was the first forum I ever joined when I found the community. (I know, I know, you may go ahead and ping me with your peashooters now!) Anyway, there were two different threads about Sims 3. After recovering from the blinkie fatigue and those huge damn avi's, I saw that all of them were parroting the party line about the game and kowtowing like mad. Any negative comments were jumped on and probably deleted. I like a good many of the people over there, but the baaaa-ing of the sheep was getting on my damn nerves. Reminds me of when I complained over there about the Sec-U-Rom and one of their "creators" jumped my shit and mocked me. Yeah, let's kiss the party line, or crack, so hard that the lips turn brown... Interesting shade... and scent...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 March 10, 02:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Duh'. I downloaded several items from Sapphire but i really can't stand all that blinkness, flufiness and whateverness.
It just hurts my eyes, my brains and my monitor lol. You just read on 5 pages of 'i luv iou!' blinking horrors for each items trying to find a real 'report problem' message, eerk! Lips sealed
I dare to say that even Peggy during christmas time is less blinky than Sapphire! Grin

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 March 10, 03:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Duh'. I downloaded several items from Sapphire but i really can't stand all that blinkness, flufiness and whateverness.

Hey, there is a VERY REAL NEED for Enchanted Fairy Princess Brides of the Autumn Harvest Festival as well as Dragon Princes of Neptune During The Fourth Lunar Eclipse Cycle! Just because you choose to play the sims in boring old vanilla mode doesn't mean we all should! -  Angry

(twas a joke. I actually like Sapphire Sims and Dr House)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2008 March 10, 07:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but Sapphire Sims does it because they like it and they are fluffy sweet people - and they always have new blinkies.  I quite like some of them - at least the background isn't pink.  Plus, not putting on the faux naive thing that Peggy does while selling you shit.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 March 10, 10:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've  known some of those guys on Sapphire for a long time and I was on the staff of Sapphire way back when *gasp*. 

Sapphire came out of the Yahoo groups - Specifically Mal and Mikey!'s old group M and M Needful things..  Yahoo Groups tend to be the domain of older American women.. There's a bunch of American housewives in the Sims community and most of them don't like things to be confrontational. They like to play with their dolls and they like their nice, safe environment with no conflict. And more power to them, if you're dealing with sick kids and not enough money to pay your bills, you've got enough shit to deal with IRL without having to deal with it in the community..

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 March 10, 14:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like a lot of the stuff on Sapphire Sims, fits well with my fantasy game. The huge avis and blinkies do get to me, but it's nowhere near as seizure producing as Peggy's. A huge difference is that they are completely free. They had some trouble with bills and had a pay section back when, but that's long behind them. You can also snag a lot of meshes there that aren't available anywhere else. I've never really checked out their forum, but if they want everything nice, it's their call.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: