PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 12:29:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  No more stories at the EA?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No more stories at the EA?  (Read 12920 times)
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
Re: No more stories at the EA?
« Reply #15 on: 2008 March 08, 23:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That too is fairly normal.. I just told them to not panic. This is about the sixth or seventh time I've seen this happen to my content and there's no need to ever stress or worry about it.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 March 08, 23:56:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't surprise me if they were just deleting the whole bunch and starting fresh to easily sift out pay items.

Just curious, why would they want or need to do that?

The official site is a travesty. TSR's hands are so far up these Maxoids butts to use as sockpuppets, that their fingers are poking out through the eyes. Do you remember the "ZOMG stop moaning about PAYSITES we LOVE THEM and we're changing the EULA with the NEXT EP and now STFU" - episode by one of those Maxoids? And that afterwards it uhm... never happened?
So just saying. Wouldn't be too surprising seeing how those people are in love with paysites, and actual EA not giving a crap about an official site because they're too busy assimilating companies that do make fun games.

Inactive
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 March 09, 00:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was looking through the next stuff pack they have coming out, the kitchen one, and thought to myself...
EA are selling CC. Except it's "official"  because they are using the content making magical machine that they use exclusively. But still, they are charging for pixels. Not game play, just polygons.

So of course they are not going to publicly outcry agaisnt paysites, they would be hypocrites if they do.
And if they outcry for GREED purposes (omg, we are not going to make money of TSR or Rose so they better stop going pay!) it won't sit well with the community.

They have their hands pretty firmly tied about this.

And my opinon? I could care less about this. It's a virtual dollhouse that costs way too much than what it's worth.
I paid for the base game and 2 expansion packs. Enough.

I arr'd the rest though. Damn completist in me hehe

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 March 09, 00:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to be OK with the exchange, and I'd post whatever I could there, recolors of maxis meshes, things like that. Then they randomly purged most of my stuff. I'm not a stellar creator, but it was better and more unique than most of the crap up there. I got lots of questions about why it was gone. Of course, I couldn't link to where it was posted on insim, since they've decided that's not allowed. It's not worth the trouble anymore.
dasha
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 March 09, 00:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was looking through the next stuff pack they have coming out, the kitchen one, and thought to myself...
EA are selling CC. Except it's "official"  because they are using the content making magical machine that they use exclusively. But still, they are charging for pixels. Not game play, just polygons.

And that's exactly why I don't buy stuff packs. Why should I pay 2/3rds of what I'd pay for a full expansion, just to get objects that tend to be buggy and/or unusable with expansions (like damn near all the electronics in every stuff pack)? Hell, even the Maxis-made stuff on the exchange only seems to work right half the time.

There's plenty of custom content out there that's free and actually works, and the creators try to keep it updated with expansions.
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 March 09, 02:12:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have a problem with EA selling stuff packs - it's their property to sell.  I won't buy them, as there are far more generous and creative people out there sharing their stuff for the game.  And it's not even that it's free, it's that it's often better than what few bits and bobs EA will toss out for monies.

And it's been my experience that user made stuff doesn't have the great EAxian capacity for game fuxxoring either.  How do you fuxxor games with basically a disk full of CC, EA?!  Jeez.  I guess stuffpacks only have .exe files for the copy protection?

But the official site...it's probably just running amok, like a servo who fixed a showerhead, and will poop out and be back later when someone flips the lights on or something.

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 March 09, 03:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

guys, there is no ulterior motive here, their site is just crashing. It's done it before. many times.
http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=34d24fd2b3c66aae5fd91a4b4b6fecd9&directoryID=2&startRow=1&openItemID=item.2,item.43,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 March 09, 04:40:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The exchange is melting! PANIC!! *runs around in circle*
Wait, i don't care. Cheesy

About their stuff packs: they're mainly thievery, way too expensive for the items they contain. And no, i don't call walls & floor items.
I bought ONE pack and immediatly regretted it. Behold! A kids bed! A table! And... Hang on... A chair! Weeeee! 120 Walls & floors! Noooooo! At the fabulous price of 20E! (30 US$) Angry

The problem is that creators often do extremely beautiful recolors of these items or amazingly beautiful clothes based on horribles EA clothes by using their meshes. So i have to aaaarr these stuff packs.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 March 09, 04:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only SP I have purchased was H&M. It has some decent items, and the new menswear meshes are good to have, but there's more interesting content on free sites. It's just another way for EA to milk TS2 for all it's worth.

deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 March 09, 05:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jfed, I understand where you are coming from. I agree that it is EA's right to sell their content if they wish, if we are not happy with what the pack offers then we don't have to buy it.

Paysites take that attitude and take full liberty with it. Which irks me.

I don't think TSR even hides the fact that it's a business. It's just as well since we don't hide that we are pirates Wink

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2008 March 09, 15:36:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hear ya, Dee.  You made me wonder - did paysites get the idea from EA or the other way round?  I think it was the other way round - no stuffpackage w/TS1, only cool free stuff on Thursdays.

They keep us nostalgic with MOAR FREE FOARDS! Cheesy

And from reading Sherrie's post re: TSR doubled subs, they are openly operating as a commercial enterprise, indeedily.  Pretense has gone out the window and commands appeals to the brainwashed go up like the Batman signal.

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2008 March 09, 15:41:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am a whore. I have purchased every single pack they have produced.  Most barring H&M were bought on the first day. I have more money than sense apparently.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 March 09, 17:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bad Calalily! Bad! Grin

Mine was the first one, talk about a bad choice lol. Probably the less useless one Undecided
The Xmas one had a food that was used for a lot of clones that needed that SP installed, H&M is probably the most useful one with all these little things for shops.
I thought of another reason to aaaarr the stuff packs: houses. Houses do love to crash yor game, mainly if you're missing any SP or EP...

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
euterpe
ARR!

Fresh cookies are always necessary!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 March 09, 17:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am a whore. I have purchased every single pack they have produced.  Most barring H&M were bought on the first day. I have more money than sense apparently.  Cheesy

Ditto.  I ordered every one from Amazon as soon as they were listed, including the Prima guides, which, despite their bad reps, are really not a total waste of money--I've learned a lot reading them.  Plus when you buy them together you get a significant discount.

As far as more money than sense, I have no comment.  Remember, I'm the one who misplaced the $800 check for several years  Roll Eyes

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2008 March 09, 17:55:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bet I beat everyone here on the "EA buttsecks bitch" front.  I actually *re-purchased* OFB and FFS - they'd become scratched and I had to do a reinstall - for the ethics tutor there is but one choice.   Cheesy

Glamour Life was probably of the most use, but Celebrations has some fantastic deco stuff, Teen Style has a gothic bedroom for all my werewolves, Fashion Stuff has mega clothes, and FFS and the Xmas Pack - which were a bit useless initially - gave me so much more variety with Bon Voyage. All that nautical stuff and Chinese clothing came to be of much use.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: