PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 14:56:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR New EA Land site
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR New EA Land site  (Read 24961 times)
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR New EA Land site
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 05, 15:52:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it looks like some sort of awkward sims1 online... of fail.  I was like WTF at the whole don't worry guys, we've teamed up with TSR so you can have cc in it.  bleh. 

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
Elfen Lied
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 April 05, 16:22:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What an epic fail.

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 April 05, 16:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So look what's happened here:

EA will not officially support Sims 2 paysites, because they cannot guarantee or controll quality, they do not want to be responsible for copyright violations, etc. They are far too late to support paysites for Sims 2.

So instead of protecting their customers from scammers, they let the paysites and pirates be, and move on to an opportunity where they can support usermade pay items, with quality controll and guarantee, with them overseeing wether copyrights aren't being broken, right from the beginning, and making money out of it. They use TSR for marketing this because they are targeting the Sims audience, who's allready eager to pay money for stuff packs, pay items and subscriptions, and are generally fond of things like Second life.

This is a testrun for what Sims 3 will be like, folks. A smart move for a company like EA.

Personally, I will not enjoy a game like Sims 3 if it will be riddled with adds and people selling custom content. There will be much less innovation, because the key people that do that kind of thing, the modders, are usually not at all attracted to shit like Second Life and those creepy furry communities that are out there. Another thing that will make EA very happy, since they have more controll over every developement, and can choose when, how, and how much it will make them at any time.

Inactive
Stoertebekker
Landlubber

Hotzenplotz FTW!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 April 05, 16:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They won't loosen their grip on The Sims 3, unlike the (relative) freedom they had granted to the creators before.
There's too much extra money in it, and they won't make that 'mistake' this time.
For a company that sees its purpose to get as much money as possible out of you (not entertain you) it's only natural.  Angry
I hope they have the foresight to be aware of all the people (who are an active part of the Sims 2 community) not willing to be a part of this farce.

Currently busy with settling the pirates on L'Ile-A-Vache.
No fatalities yet.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 April 05, 17:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if this is a test run for what they want to do for Sims 3, I have yet another reason not to want it.

WTF, do they think Sims online will succeed now after failing once? With Sims 1 crappy graphics that you have to PAY FOR??  Shocked I have zero interest in creepy Second Life and I don't know many simmers who do.

EA constantly gives us more reason to hate them. I guess that's their new strategy.  Roll Eyes
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 April 05, 17:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The website looks like it came straight of out 1996.  Who can take anyone seriously when they use comic sans as their font?

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 April 05, 23:01:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*hearts pirates*

Redis, Nouk:  you spoke my mind.  Blessed are those who call crap 'crap'.  PSAs FTW.  Seriously.

Lulz for MissA!  Comic Sans - the last typographical bastion of the facetiously self-righteous, the gruesomely YAYZ!, the terminally smiling and money-hungry.
Sayonara, EA.  Have fun mucking about in your own filth...and even that's lame.  They can't even crap right.

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2008 April 05, 23:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MissAngelica, you made me lol.   Cheesy  So true, I don't even know how to process it all. 

Abysmal, Grotesque, Heinous, Egregious are all accurate words to describe this little adventure into fail, but yet, not the word I'm searching for. 

It does beg the question, at the dawning of sims3 talk, what would possess you to bring back a sims 1 game look, and compare it to sims 2, but online. 

ETA:  Repugnant!  That was the word i wanted before! 
« Last Edit: 2008 April 06, 02:57:11 by chemistrycourtney » Logged

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 April 06, 01:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What crap is this? I had to read it 2 times, but that is not enough to understand this concept. But i got this feeling some of
the people working for EA are mates with TSR. I read the blog written by Luc of CC chairs comes to TC3. But that was written in december 2007. TSR is mentioned several times, and Steve, the owner of TSR.  What on earth are they really up to? I am not interested in this either.

EA-land? Wtf...

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
LadyDea
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 April 06, 01:50:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA-land = eggheaded asshole-land?

Come visit Sammytopia
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 2008 April 06, 02:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't the most terarded thing ya ever did see. Tongue

Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 April 06, 02:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep! Agree.  Since they are both far beyond any common sense, that's why they seem to go so well together. I really can't stand EA either anymore.  They give impression of ignoring a quite big group of users/players, so one should  boicott them, well at least from my point of view.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 April 06, 06:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And now a moment of silence please while we dance upon the grave that EA Games has dug for themselves...
OK, everybody con-ga! Everybody con-ga! Fucking morons make about as much sense as month-old tapioca left upon the counter to see if it will spontaneously evolve into something that not even Marvin the Paranoid Android can out think...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2008 April 06, 14:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding Comic sans - even my sister, a first grade teacher, has stopped using that font, choosing instead a cooler handwriting font called =http://www.dafont.com/i-hate-comic-sans.fontI Hate Comic Sans.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
gamerxgirl
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2008 April 06, 16:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh noes. It says free to play... but wait what's this?
Paypal Features
Buying Currency for use in-game

Both EA-Land and TC3 have ATM objects that allow users to purchase in-game currency from PayPal at a rate of 989 : 1 USD. We call this "Cash In".

We plan to make a "Cash Out" feature available in the coming weeks.

Which means they will slowly but surely be heading down the route of 'pay-only/special content' Sad

We are working external custom content sites, TSR, for example, to make sure that their content will be made available in the game.
....I have nothing to say to that.

free sims 2 sites hosting 25gb webspace/100gb bandwidth
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: